CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! What products would give my hair the wet affect?!

4 posters

Go down

Help! What products would give my hair the wet affect?! Empty Help! What products would give my hair the wet affect?!

Post by Bria225 25th June 2010, 7:08 pm

This is a picture of when its wet..its normally really nice and curlier on the ends but this picture isn't that recent.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and this is when it's dry and combed out.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my main question is how can i keep it looking like the same texture as when its wet?

Bria225

Back to top Go down

Help! What products would give my hair the wet affect?! Empty Re: Help! What products would give my hair the wet affect?!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th June 2010, 9:48 pm

Hi, I love both shots of your hair. The key is to ensure your hair is moisturized. To do this, apply a water or aloe-based product to soaking wet hair then oil then styler. This way your hair will be moisturized and the styler will help it stay curly. Also, most naturals do not comb their hair when dry unless they are planning to twist, braid, pony, etc. HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Help! What products would give my hair the wet affect?! Empty Re: Help! What products would give my hair the wet affect?!

Post by WhosThatRedHead 26th June 2010, 3:24 am

I've been trying to do research on how to get better curl definition and my search has lead me to youtube. From what I've seen this far you need to keep your hair moisturized. You need a really good leave in conditioner. Other naturals have put things like gel or things like Kinky Curly Curling Custard in their hair to keep a wet look. Maybe look at product reviews in order to see which ones might work for yor hair. Hope this helps.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 26th June 2010, 11:12 am

both pics are pretty! there isn't anything wrong with kinky hair (

moisture, moisture, moisture def helps to get better curl definition. you can get it by deep conditioning, oil rinsing and using certain style products. there are a plethora of stylers and hair styles that you can incorporate, including:
kccc
aloe vera gel
ic fantasia gel
twist outs
bantu outs
braid outs
flaxseed gel based products
herbal essence tousel me lovely gel spray
giovanni mouse
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down