CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to strengthen thin hair??

4 posters

Go down

How to strengthen thin hair?? Empty How to strengthen thin hair??

Post by QuirkyCurly 24th June 2010, 2:59 pm

Hey guys!

I have naturally thin hair and I was wondering is there any product that I could use to make it stronger? Ive heard of mayonaise, but im not sure that I can just go to my fridge and pour mayo on my head lol Very Happy
But anyway, I'm not trying to necessarily make it thicker, but when I pull my hair a little, it seems that its kinda weak. I would like to have stronger hair. Would a deep conditioner work?

Thanks! Smile
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

How to strengthen thin hair?? Empty Re: How to strengthen thin hair??

Post by BekkaPoo 24th June 2010, 3:38 pm

Conditioners usually soften the hair, but there are some conditioners that have protiens in them, for example, I have Natures Gate Biotin conditioner, or Hask Henna-n-Placenta. Those types of conditioners would help with strengthening the hair.

Another good way to strengthen the hair is to use amla treatments or henna.

Nutritional info on amla: http://www.indianfoodforever.com/food-guide/wonderful-amla.html

Amla can be taken internally or used on the hair. If used on the hair it will make it sheeny, darker, and stronger.

Henna is not for internal use (as far as I know), and when used on hair turns it red, but also strengthens it. As you may know, CurlyNikki is/was big on henna.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbush 24th June 2010, 4:00 pm

I have the same problem. I began to henna and noticed a difference but I just had a new baby and don't have the time that I used to. I intend to start again soon and hope to have the luck that Nikki has had. If I find anything more, I will keep you in mind. Good luck!
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 24th June 2010, 6:55 pm

u can always add an egg to your condish and/or use a condish whose main ingredients are herbal ingredients as some herbs do strengthen. one of my condish to do this is the eo nourishing conditioner in rose and chamomile. i usually do four protein treatments back to back, and my hair is stronger than rope
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down