CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST THANKFUL FOR ABOUT YOUR NATURAL HAIR!!

+14
LovelyCurls
sweetdrk1
tamtam7
Erica5417
oooop2
Moni
Marche'
truet
BindyMac08
labon10
AfrikanLatina
Enchantment
dajewel
Intelligentbeauty
18 posters

Go down

WHAT ARE YOU MOST THANKFUL FOR ABOUT YOUR NATURAL HAIR!! Empty WHAT ARE YOU MOST THANKFUL FOR ABOUT YOUR NATURAL HAIR!!

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th November 2009, 12:23 pm

Since Thanksgiving is upon us (my favorite holiday), I thought it would be nice for all the curlies (tranisitioners included) to tell us what they are most thankful for about their curly hair. It can be funny or serious but always thankful.

Here I will start: I am so thankful my hair is not straight and boring. But can have character and be versitile without chemicals. YIPPEEEE!!!!LOL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

WHAT ARE YOU MOST THANKFUL FOR ABOUT YOUR NATURAL HAIR!! Empty Re: WHAT ARE YOU MOST THANKFUL FOR ABOUT YOUR NATURAL HAIR!!

Post by dajewel 13th November 2009, 12:30 pm

i have to ditto you, and say that i am so grateful for the kinks that it has. its on its own rhythm.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

WHAT ARE YOU MOST THANKFUL FOR ABOUT YOUR NATURAL HAIR!! Empty Re: WHAT ARE YOU MOST THANKFUL FOR ABOUT YOUR NATURAL HAIR!!

Post by Enchantment 13th November 2009, 1:01 pm

I'm thankful that I can do my natural hair myself at home and not waste my time and money in a salon!
Enchantment
Enchantment

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th November 2009, 1:54 pm

@enchantment, AMEN TO THAT. I AM ALSO SOOOOO THANKFUL FOR THAT. MO' MONEY IN MY POCKET...LOL
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 13th November 2009, 2:00 pm

I am thankful for the example that I can set for family members and friends who think that they can't manage their hair in its natural state and be fly while doing it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th November 2009, 2:09 pm

@AFRIKANLATINA, I LOVE THAT. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KEEP IT COMING GALS. IT'S THE SEASON OF THANKSGIVING!!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 13th November 2009, 5:00 pm

I'm with you enchantment!! But most importantly, I'm able to teach my daughter that your natural hair is beautiful and it not come out as "do as I say, not as I do." She loves being natural and gets many compliments on her hair. It's fun having someone to experiment with.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by BindyMac08 13th November 2009, 8:28 pm

Not only am I thankful for everything that's already been said, but I'm so glad that I found this community as a result of going natural. I have learned alot and I love seeing everyone's goregous hair.

And thank god I don't have to go to the salon every three months! I know it's already been said, but I have to say it again.
BindyMac08
BindyMac08

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 13th November 2009, 9:22 pm

im thankful for appericiating my hair. and all yall
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 13th November 2009, 9:42 pm

I'm thankful for the confidence and carefree spirit my hair gives me. I don't have be self conscious about strait frizzy hair that just wants to coil up any way.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 14th November 2009, 2:43 pm

I am thankful that my hair is uniquely me. It's like a fingerprint!
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 14th November 2009, 3:16 pm

I'm thankful that by my example, all of the important ladies in my life (2 daughters, Mom, Mother-in Law, and Favorite Aunt, ) are also natural!!!
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 14th November 2009, 3:48 pm

I love that it's so unpredictable. I never know what my hair will do Smile

@oooop2-- love the 'fro!
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 14th November 2009, 5:17 pm

I am thankful for the fact that my hair is so healthy and strong.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 14th November 2009, 6:58 pm

Erica5417 wrote:I love that it's so unpredictable. I never know what my hair will do Smile

@oooop2-- love the 'fro!

Thank you Smile
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th November 2009, 7:52 pm

ITA with everything everyone else has said. I am almost at 3mths and my culrs are started to have a mind of their own...and I LOVE it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyCurls 14th November 2009, 11:21 pm

Since I have been natural I have not had one bad hair day...my hair is the way it wants to be and I just go with it. I no longer try to force it to be something it's not...that I am truly thankful for. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LovelyCurls
LovelyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyB 24th November 2009, 7:43 pm

I am thankful I stand out in a crowd and don't look like everyone else (I'm a Leo and I love the spotlight-lol)

I am thankful, I came to my senses after 3 years of contemplating going natural and actually making the decision to do it (last relaxer October 2007, BC May 2008)
StacyB
StacyB

http://naturalbloggingsofayoungsocialworker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallydestined 24th November 2009, 10:39 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
Here I will start: I am so thankful my hair is not straight and boring.

Ditto!
naturallydestined
naturallydestined

http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMix 24th November 2009, 11:07 pm

I am thankful for the ability to embrace the beauty of my hair in it's natural state.
CurlyMix
CurlyMix

http://www.hairproductjunkiez.ning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisha 26th November 2009, 6:45 pm

I am thankful that my hair is a unique reflection of me- I don't look like everyone else. I am also thankful that it is Afro-textured and healthy.

Aisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down