CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with fairy knots

4 posters

Go down

Help with fairy knots Empty Help with fairy knots

Post by gvetxs 13th November 2009, 10:55 am

I love this forum and all you beautiful curlies! I have been learning so much. So here is my dilemma. Lately my ends have been horrible and I have tons of these little fairy knots and splits. I've been going through and snipping, but I'm considering doing a little chop all around. I do confess to not having a good evening regimin of sleeping with a bonnet/satin pillowcase. My husband (he is white) thinks it's the herbal essence conditioner that I am using. I love the way the hello hydration makes my curls pop and moisturizes my hair, but he said he's had problems in the past with HE and thinks that is the cause of my ends. I've seen so many of you ladies talking of success with HE so I wonder if it is the conditioner or my regimin. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
gvetxs
gvetxs

Back to top Go down

Help with fairy knots Empty Re: Help with fairy knots

Post by gammainme 15th November 2009, 11:53 am

HI there! i guess you can start w/ the HE. i had the same problem and despite my constant snip snip here, snip snip there, my hair needed a serious trim. The beautician took off about 2 inches of hair, which isn't much - but it was worth it. Now I can sport small twists w/o the worries of it tangling up.
Good luck on your decision!
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 15th November 2009, 6:09 pm

Well, by not having a good sleeping regi only include not sleeping with a satin bonnet/pillowcase? Do you twist/braid your hair up at night?

I used the HEHH on my daughter's hair and havne't had any problems. Which one do you use?
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gvetxs 16th November 2009, 12:02 pm

Thank you ladies for responding!! I am going to have an all around trim and even my hair out too. I have started to twist my hair at night and use cantu shea moisturizer. I was using the hello hydration.
gvetxs
gvetxs

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 16th November 2009, 12:14 pm

Henna, Deep condition, water, and a satin cap should do the trick! How long has it been since you've had your hair trimmed (if you get it trimmed)?
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by gvetxs 16th November 2009, 1:05 pm

Yes, I plan on trying Henna! My last relaxer was in March of 2007, but I kept my hair short. I've been growing it out the last year or so and I haven't trimmed at all.
gvetxs
gvetxs

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 16th November 2009, 1:07 pm

hmm that may be the culprit, if you trim it now, and do search and destroys' of knots you find, it might help Smile
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by gvetxs 16th November 2009, 1:30 pm

Thank you!!
gvetxs
gvetxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content