CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shedding

2 posters

Go down

Shedding Empty Shedding

Post by Muni 21st June 2010, 3:54 pm

I was wondering if you have any tips on reducing the shedding of hair?? Coz my hair seems healthy but its shedding each time i take out my braids or comb it. Am confused! I use organics shea butter as hair lotion, organix coconut oil as a leave-in, herbal essences hello hydration, and olive oil and tea tree conditioner

I have recently ordered some virgin shea butter so that should be better than the organics shea butter because that has parabens and stuff like that.
But however, my hair still sheds, i dont knw if its normal
Muni
Muni

Back to top Go down

Shedding Empty Re: Shedding

Post by vovowiththafro 21st June 2010, 4:19 pm

you should be shedding about 50 to 100 hairs forn it to be normal. Tea rinses are said to reduce the amount of shedding.

http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/09/herbal-hair-rinses.html

If you put in braid extensions, that puts alot of stress on your hair so there will be alot of shedding. Combing puts your hair under alot of stress causing breakage so you shouldn't comb your hair dry.
vovowiththafro
vovowiththafro

Back to top Go down

Post by Muni 21st June 2010, 5:38 pm

Thank you, i shall try the tea rinse.
And start to eliminate the use of braid extensions, which i have been using lately, and thats when the shedding began!!!
Thank you so much
Muni
Muni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down