CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Water

3 posters

Go down

Well Water Empty Well Water

Post by Annapolitan 21st June 2010, 3:22 pm

We have well water, and our well is rather shallow and full of minerals, so it has to be processed before coming out of the faucet. Our filtration system removes stuff like iron, but it does so by passing the water through a salt based solution.

Our water doesn't taste salty, although it's still "off" and we further filter with Brita to drink it.

My question is - do any of you washing your hair with well water do something special, or notice any ill effects, due to the water?

Thanks.

Annapolitan

Back to top Go down

Well Water Empty Re: Well Water

Post by Janique 22nd June 2010, 2:11 am

My cousin lives in the mountains in PA and has well water. She and her mom told me that a lot of the black women with relaxed hair have had their hair break off a lot with the well water. It might not be as drastic on natural hair, but why chance it....
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 22nd June 2010, 3:45 am

We have alot of people on well water here (though none of them black). If there is alot of farming in your area, be aware of chemical runoff and cattle waste. Especially if you have farms a couple of miles away. The chemical runoff from industrial waste and animal waste can still get in your well water if you are down stream from it. Get one of those shower filters from Lowes or Home Depot to help combat whatever may be lingering in there!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Annapolitan 22nd June 2010, 1:29 pm

Thanks - I didn't know there was a such thing as a shower filter so will look into it.

We aren't near farms, just in an older community where not all the parcels are connected to municipal water, although we are connected to the public sewer, so not sure why we have a dual system going on.

Annapolitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down