CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hard Time Keeping Twists In

3 posters

Go down

Hard Time Keeping Twists In Empty Hard Time Keeping Twists In

Post by wyldhoney 16th June 2010, 5:39 pm

Hey guys, does anyone else have this problem?

Usually when I put twists in they're frizzed all to heck by the 3rd day, so I have the rest of the week to rock fros, puffs etc.

This week I made a HUGE effort and they're still going strong, they might *gasp* actually make it till Friday!

Problem is...I can't keep my hands outta my hair! I've been pulling the ends out from the bun and boinging them alll day, and I'm just about ready to throw a tantrum that I can't take them down tonight. It's come to the point where I'm wondering if this isn't putting MORE stress on my ends than if I just left them loose. I'm sure they don't appreciate all the BOINGGGGGGG! I've been doing. But I can't help it, they're so smooth...so soft...

I need some motivation, or someone hovering over me ready to crack my knuckles with a ruler every time my hand sneaks towards my hair...
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Hard Time Keeping Twists In Empty Re: Hard Time Keeping Twists In

Post by Muz 16th June 2010, 6:13 pm

Sorry, I can't help you there, I do the same thing. I just put some in last night I'm hoping these will last a week, so far so good Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 16th June 2010, 6:51 pm

What's your hair like, Muz? Are you good at twisting? I need tips. Like how to keep the roots from unravelling. And how to keep the ends straight. After the first night, they're all pointing in different directions where I slept.

My hair is very fine, weightless really, so there's nothing to make these twists hang nicely.
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 16th June 2010, 7:02 pm

My hair is thick. Do you do yours wet or dry? And what to you put on them? And when you sleep, do you put on a bonnet or scarf, or just sleep on a satin pillowcase?
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 16th June 2010, 7:09 pm

I redo the twists to the sides of my head every night. I like a fresh wavy look, so that is the price I have to pay since I sleep on my sides. It's like when I was relaxed and roller set my hair every evening. I don't like my hair looking unruly so I try to keep it looking together . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 16th June 2010, 7:24 pm

Muz after years of abuse by sleeping any ole how, I'm finally doing the right thing and using a headscarf at night.

I have been experimenting a bit. This set of twists (which are doing better than past sets) were done on damp rather than wet hair. Then before bed I stretched them out and clipped them into place. The problem is that my hair is this awkward length where its down to my nape stretched so the clips have nowhere to adhere to. This results in manky ends by the time I wake up.

I'll keep experimenting, hair time has become quite enjoyable recently.
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 16th June 2010, 7:37 pm

Envizionj I'm sooooooo lazy I just learned to rock the frizzbucket look rather than do maintenance each night. I'm always jealous of the put together girls but I have long understood that it just isn't me. Your hair is gorg!
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 16th June 2010, 7:53 pm

Try tying them down with a scarf at night, that should work to keep it laying down at the nape. Just smooth them down, if you have some plastic bobby pins you can pin them in place first. I just sleep in a satin bonnet and I'm good to go. LOL

What product to you use to twist? I use my shea butter mix and that does a good job of keeping them together or you can try Organic Root Stimulator Twist n Lock gel, I used that when I was transitioning, and it even held the straight parts together without rubberbands or anything else. Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down