CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review!

+35
Maricopa
coilykinks
CandiceKane
4EverNatural
mstokes2008
Muz
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Keisha
CocaColaCutie
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
LaToya28
ftiffrenee
priceless
Neems
bholmes87
NhappyJackie
BlondeByDesire
poeticlyspkng
CurlsGalore
laleepop14
BrownSkinDiva
NubieNatty
ChrsLvsBks
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
NappilyEverAfter
tiashaunteƩ
Lynnieluve
DvaAuNaturel
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
jlowman1
MahoganyCurls
39 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! - Page 2 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review!

Post by MahoganyCurls 16th June 2010, 8:04 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Great review!

Thanks girl! I love your pin up hairstyle beautiful! ( The updo!)

npmoore04 wrote:MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! - Page 2 Star3 Thanks for the review MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! - Page 2 Star3 ...the costs too much is one reason and the main reason I won't try MJ products.

Very expensive!
Juices-n-Berries wrote:Excellent review! I agree with the pros and cons you listed. You have definitely achieved this look with other products for a fraction of the cost and without all the yucky ingredients. I recently gave my MJ away in a swap. However, the PJ in me kind of wishes I'd at least given it a shot to satisfy my curiosity. Ah well... maybe some day... that $38 is a pretty good deterrent. Lol.

Have you tried the MiraCurl Curling Gelly or Original Fragrance Shop Curl Soufle?

Ha! Yes, ITA! That is why i tried it, bc I wanted to satisfy my curiosity, it failed in that department, it is just sitting there now, a full bottle of it...waste of my money. But i think I will swap it now, since you mentioned that. $38 is a lot of money for something i can achieve with SUAVE NATURALS CONDITIONER! Lol!!!!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! - Page 2 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review!

Post by MahoganyCurls 16th June 2010, 8:14 pm

bholmes87 wrote:Whoot whoot, Cali love!! I love you

where in California will you guys be??

I will be visiting Santa Barabra, Cali! I am so excited! MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 16th June 2010, 9:07 pm

I few of my friends used this MJ product and I always wanted to try it but couldn't convince myself to to spend that kind of money. Actually, my friend let me borrow hers, but I couldn't get over the smell. Anyway, you did a great review. What is shingling, though?
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 16th June 2010, 11:19 pm

I just wanted to let you know watching all your youtube videos made me big chop. I was scared that i was not going to like my hair after the chop. actually the 1st 2 days i did not like my hair at all. To cheer me up my dad brought almost the whole line from target of miss jessie's. Someone told him that most of the natural people use the products. He figured this will make me feel better about my hair. Well 3 months later I just have pretty much phased all of the products out from them. I kind of feel bad that he spent a grip on those products but i was not getting all those great results that everyone else was getting. Any whooooo thanks for being my inspiration to start and continue my process. I now love my Hair and become a big product junky. keep doing what you do. hope you are enjoying being back in the states
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 17th June 2010, 12:42 pm

Great review!!! When I saw the price tag, I was immediately turned OFF!!!!
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

http://www.fotki.com/ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 17th June 2010, 12:48 pm

Thats why I never bought it, toooo much. Thanks for the reviews.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 17th June 2010, 1:27 pm

Hey MC, thanks for the thorough review. I agree her products are way too expensive. I have a sample of the CP and hopefully I won't like it because I refuse to pay that much for it.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 17th June 2010, 2:01 pm

Great review ... but you defintely don't need to use it to achieve that look ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 17th June 2010, 9:55 pm

Hey MC!!!
yeahhhh.....i gave in 2 temptation too. Only I bought the Curly meringue....and ummmmm yikes @ the 2cnd day straw hair.

I would much rather my tightlycurly method with Cantu leave in. And it's less than 5 dollas Neutral
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th June 2010, 10:36 pm

Hair looked real good but the 'cones and mineral oil are no bueno for your beautiful curls.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 17th June 2010, 11:06 pm

Great review. I never jumped on MJ bandwagon due to the cost alone. I still have no desire to try it. I love your results, though! Not so much the strawlike feeling...thanx for sharing!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 18th June 2010, 12:13 pm

Hey MC! Glad you're back! I tried MJ CP, (for a twistout out) but I used it with the Baby Buttercream and didn't get straw like hair. What I didn't like was when I went to co-wash my hair and I had to shampoo that stuff out to get my hair saturated with water.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 18th June 2010, 7:10 pm

Neems wrote:I few of my friends used this MJ product and I always wanted to try it but couldn't convince myself to to spend that kind of money. Actually, my friend let me borrow hers, but I couldn't get over the smell. Anyway, you did a great review. What is shingling, though?

Yes, a lot of ppl use it and swear by it...i personally think it is overrated. Not bashing the company, but I was so turned off how my hair felt the next day...like straw, and tangled, and I had to use shampoo (i knew i would have to shampoo, to get rid of it) to get it out, cowashes just aint cutting it...conditioner can do the samething for me and moisturizes my hair too!

priceless wrote:I just wanted to let you know watching all your youtube videos made me big chop. I was scared that i was not going to like my hair after the chop. actually the 1st 2 days i did not like my hair at all. To cheer me up my dad brought almost the whole line from target of miss jessie's. Someone told him that most of the natural people use the products. He figured this will make me feel better about my hair. Well 3 months later I just have pretty much phased all of the products out from them. I kind of feel bad that he spent a grip on those products but i was not getting all those great results that everyone else was getting. Any whooooo thanks for being my inspiration to start and continue my process. I now love my Hair and become a big product junky. keep doing what you do. hope you are enjoying being back in the states
Awww thanks! that is the sweetest thing ever! OMG!!! Your dad is so sweet! Yes, the product are okay, not worth the price IMO!
ftiffrenee wrote:Great review!!! When I saw the price tag, I was immediately turned OFF!!!!
Me too, that is why I am just using it after 16 months! I only used it once and will never use it again...lol!
CrissyQ wrote:Thats why I never bought it, toooo much. Thanks for the reviews.
Yes, very expensive...
LaToya28 wrote:Hey MC, thanks for the thorough review. I agree her products are way too expensive. I have a sample of the CP and hopefully I won't like it because I refuse to pay that much for it.
Lol! You are welcome!
BlondeByDesire wrote:Great review ... but you defintely don't need to use it to achieve that look ...

You are so right! My hair felt so dry the next morning, omg!
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) wrote:Hey MC!!!
yeahhhh.....i gave in 2 temptation too. Only I bought the Curly meringue....and ummmmm yikes @ the 2cnd day straw hair.

I would much rather my tightlycurly method with Cantu leave in. And it's less than 5 dollas Neutral

Yes ma'am! My hair felt the same way the next morning straight straw!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hair looked real good but the 'cones and mineral oil are no bueno for your beautiful curls.

Thank you! The mineral oil and cones are NO BUENO...my hair hates cones and mineral oil...

CurlsGalore wrote:Great review. I never jumped on MJ bandwagon due to the cost alone. I still have no desire to try it. I love your results, though! Not so much the strawlike feeling...thanx for sharing!

No problem! Yes, didnt like the dryness...at all.
CocaColaCutie wrote:Hey MC! Glad you're back! I tried MJ CP, (for a twistout out) but I used it with the Baby Buttercream and didn't get straw like hair. What I didn't like was when I went to co-wash my hair and I had to shampoo that stuff out to get my hair saturated with water.
Yes I am back! Girl, that stuff is HARD to get out! That was another turnoff! MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! - Page 2 Icon_eek
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! - Page 2 Empty Treseme' Naturals Nourishing Moisture Review!

Post by MahoganyCurls 18th June 2010, 8:03 pm

Hey guys!

Today I will review Treseme' Naturals Nourishing Moisture Review. I purchased this conditioner about a month ago from wal-mart for about $4 and some change. After hearing great reviews on it, I decided to give it a try. I am always in search for the perfect conditioner! I am a conditioner Junkie, I LOVE conditioners..especially moisturizing conditioners!

I was pretty happy about this product because it is Silicone-Free!

Here is the review:

I low-poo'd with giovanni 50:50 shampoo (to start on a clean slate, since this is a new product, I wanted to make sure that I get the "full effect" of it). Applied a good amount of the conditioner, to my soaking wet hair, immediately my began to feel soft and slippery, felt like seaweed, which is a good thing. Then I began detangling, immediately my fingers began gliding through my hair, with little to no effort! Yay!!!!!!

*not to mention it smells so good!

So, I stepped out of the shower and continued to detangle my hair...then from the bottom I started shingling my hair, my curls were loving me! Everything was going the way I expected it. So far so good. Had a ver nice wash n go!

The Next Day:

The next morning I touched my hair to see if it felt dry and ...it wasn't! It felt really really soft! I have to say that I was extremely pleased!

Pros:

Has slip

Cone Free

Smells Great

Provides Moisture

Great Price

Is Thick- which is great for curl definition...well at least to me

A little goes a long way!

Cons-

None!

Star System: *****

My Rating: *****

5 out of 5 Stars!I really like this conditioner a lot! It is now considered to be a staple of mine, it is my rebound conditioner when I am not using the DevaCare One Conditioner! I do not have any complaints! You guys should give it a try, not a bad product in my book!

MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! - Page 2 Jessie10
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 18th June 2010, 8:06 pm

Neems wrote:I few of my friends used this MJ product and I always wanted to try it but couldn't convince myself to to spend that kind of money. Actually, my friend let me borrow hers, but I couldn't get over the smell. Anyway, you did a great review. What is shingling, though?

I dont think I answered your question...shingling is raking product in sections through your hair. It helps with curl definition...HTH!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 18th June 2010, 11:51 pm

thanks for the treseme review... I wasnt convinced to try this product based on the name and the commercial alone but your review has sparked my interest... hope it works as well for me as it did for you.

also what is low pooing?
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 19th June 2010, 12:41 am

MahoganyCurls wrote:

I dont think I answered your question...shingling is raking product in sections through your hair. It helps with curl definition...HTH!

Thanks. I thought it was some compicated procedure that required a comb.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th June 2010, 3:43 am

WELCOME BACK, MC. I know you are enjoying your family. Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 19th June 2010, 8:18 am

Thanks for the review! I'm looking for a cone free cheap condish. I'm using Giovaani Smooth As Silk now. I really love it, but $8.99 for 8.5 oz. can be hard on the wallet. I use generous amounts, too. Ill give it a try! I'm a condish lover like you!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th June 2010, 8:30 am

MC,
Thanks for such a great review. Even though our hair types are different, since you started with a TWA and do the CG method I follow your tips/advice. My hair has been very very dry lately and I'm hoping a new condish and better sealing will help.

Suave Naturals may no longer be cutting it. I'll be picking up the Treseme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner.

Enjoy the weekend!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th June 2010, 1:28 pm

I tried tressemes flawless curls conditioner, It is not from the natural line. I love it, and my son uses it too to curl the hair on his mo-hawk. I will give this one a try. I am like you I love, love, love conditioners.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st June 2010, 12:45 am

Oh this so goes on the list!! lookig good Jess
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st June 2010, 12:53 am

Ok, so that was a beautiful wng! I have that but I've never tried it that way. In fact, I don't quite get shingling. I gotta figure that out and try it!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st June 2010, 1:01 am

Great review on the MJ and the Tresemme Naturals. The Tresemme is a staple for me now along with Yes to Cucumbers.

Cute Wash N Go....as usual!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 21st June 2010, 1:36 am

Glad youre back Mahogany!! I love your wash n go. It looks better than it ever has!! THe shingling effect works so good on you. And your hair grew back quickly. I need to try it asap
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next