CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Me & Mandy

+35
BlondeByDesire
mrsmackey
Juices-n-Berries
Abisco
MsJay1121
NaturalChica
LilMsPuddles
Erica5417
vmichelle
Tamren
adiaha
HumanNature
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
DanceOnTheSkylines
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Serenity23
Kea::curls
traveljunkie08
SheeTacular
tiashaunteƩ
Pi*Jay
Ziggs
Free2009
CurlySpeechTherapist
A85
sweetdrk1
Blackbeauty
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
dajewel
D-Lish
BindyMac08
curly+kinky+fierce
39 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Me & Mandy - Page 3 Empty Re: Me & Mandy

Post by dajewel 19th November 2009, 11:22 am

love it!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 20th November 2009, 12:55 am

Mood: Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_pale

Gosh im glad to be home! We have to work MANDATORY overtime?? WTF is that?? Oh well extra money in my pocket...ching ching!

Anyway...Mandy is doing good....She has had alot of admirers lately....and im kind of harping on this bc im SINGLE Me & Mandy - Page 3 Drunken_smilie and its very interesting the guys that my hair attracts...

OK SO I HAVE THIS BIG PROBLEM AND I NEED HELP!!
My scalp is itchy! Me & Mandy - Page 3 Affraid jessss! i mean gosh! I know i used alot of butters and creams...but do I need to clarify? Ive never done this before but i know something needs to be done.....

Another random thought: i used unrefined shea butter for the first time... (ive used shea butter but i dont think it was unrefined) and oooooo weeee my hair is soft...I also tried a new deep condish but ill talk about that later...its late and im hella tired and if i dont go now ill be here all night! ill catch up with u ladies later...
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 20th November 2009, 6:35 am

Here is a cure for that itchy scalp. Have you tried raw unrefined apple cider vinegar rinse? That works for me. Here is an article if you want more info on it: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/tips/rinsing-with-apple-cider-vinegar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrsBfmxh630
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 20th November 2009, 4:27 pm

I want to! Ive been researching ALL WEEK...Im gonna check this out when i get off work!....thanks blackbeauty!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th November 2009, 5:15 pm

With the weather change, I noticed the problem. I thought it was my beloved KBB. After using another product, I realized it wasn't, yippee. This is what I used to combat itchies. I made a mixture of aloe vera gel, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, neem oil and lavender EO. I then separated my hair and sprayed my scalp. It helped me keep my twists in for nearly a week.

I hope you find a solution that works.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggs 20th November 2009, 5:41 pm

Curly+Kinky+Fierce... Thanks for the Youtube video. I'm transitioning and will probably BC next spring. You definately inspired me! Your TWA is fierce!
Ziggs
Ziggs

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 20th November 2009, 9:10 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:With the weather change, I noticed the problem. I thought it was my beloved KBB. After using another product, I realized it wasn't, yippee. This is what I used to combat itchies. I made a mixture of aloe vera gel, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, neem oil and lavender EO. I then separated my hair and sprayed my scalp. It helped me keep my twists in for nearly a week.

I hope you find a solution that works.

Im SO GLAD U SAID THAT! I thought it was my KBB Too!!! lol..I was getting sad bc I just got more.! But yes im going to try something bc this is getting ridiculous (kind of reminds me of my relaxed days Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_eek ).....Thanks for the tip! I hope i can find these items..lol
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 20th November 2009, 9:13 pm

@ziggs...UR WELCOME & Thanks for watching!!! That was my goals to inspire transitioners bc i know that doing the bc is a big step..& sometimes there can be those second thoughts..even when u have a twa u have those days when ur like "omg what the hell am i doing" but im so glad that u took something from it and it makes me so happy (seriously) Me & Mandy - Page 3 678474
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 20th November 2009, 10:39 pm

@blackbeauty! I love kimmay! I watched that acv vid...and i think it will be helpful! so will naturally curly thanks again for the links!!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 20th November 2009, 10:53 pm

Mood: Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_pale

Geez...ive been hella tired lately! Tryna get alot of OT on the job...holidays are coming up! Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_santa

Mandy is going through some things today....well all this week! So i've finally had my first case of build-up! Oh NO! I now know why curlies clarify! hmpf! My head is just itching!!!! ahhhh!

And so I used Unrefined Shea Butter for the first time this week!!! I thought I had it before but I dont think I did...I can really tell the difference with my hair too! That & KBB ....A WiNNeR! Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_cheers

Oh That heavenly KBB came today! Here is a rundown:

Ok so i was like totally bummed bc I thought I ordered her Hair Butter but didnt...but its ok ...i think the shea butter will be just fine!

the Chamomille Sage Scent : OOOLALAAA! it smells so good! I cant even describe the smell yet..but it smells so good when i sniff i taste it in the back of my throat (know what i mean?)Its an ultra sexy smell!

Pomegranate Guave: Yes Yes yes! Tooty Fruity Ol Rudy! lol! Me & Mandy - Page 3 Fresse That scent is delicious...Kind of like sweet fruit (duh) but idk! just good!

Cocktail (cant get the name right now): Really really sweet...ummm if u like that sweet sweet smell then this is a winner...ummm im not a too sweet girl it makes me kinda sick...but i think on the hair it will wear very very well... Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_smile

I havent tried the hair soap yet...we will see !

Im still going to do a review on the deep condish i tried as well as how im coming along with styling my hair while its growing....this week is a killer Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_sad

see ya later curlies!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 20th November 2009, 10:54 pm

Your welcome anything to help out a fellow curly Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_smile !!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 21st November 2009, 10:21 pm

Ok so I tried a new Deep Condish...The Lustrasilk Aloe Vera Cholesterol

Me & Mandy - Page 3 Lustra10

And It Worked really Well! I dont have any pics right now..ill add them later but a review on the conditioner:

The cholesterol was thick and creamy so it was able to coat my hair really well...it kinda reminded me of a jelly...Oh yea its the cool green color too

The product says that it helps with detangling and adds moisture and shine...

It did detangle like a freakin dream! I did not even HAVE to use a comb/brush only my fingers and it did leave my tresses really shiny! As for the moisture aspect it could have been a bit more moisturizing.

I will def purchase this again and continue to use...i could tell that my hair was bouncier and curlier all week...the next time i will add olive oil to the deep condish for the moisture...i need to rest up..bye ladies..
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 22nd November 2009, 8:58 pm

Well...today is hair day....and Ive been having alot of fun with my hair lately Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_razz ....Im participating in a hair challenge on YouTube so ive been enjoying..Ive been comparing pics to see my hair growth...

this is 1week after my big chop

Me & Mandy - Page 3 Bc_1_w10

This is my hair now..

Me & Mandy - Page 3 11222012

So its been 1 month and 22 days...and its been cool so far! Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_lol

Ive also discovered some different styles for my TWA

here is one...

Me & Mandy - Page 3 11212010

this is my TWA frohawk...pulled back with a small comb.

and im also working on another one..this is a rough version ...i was experimenting here...

Me & Mandy - Page 3 11222011

I was ATTEMPTING to do some twist on the side and have the twist out in the middle (i cant flat twist so i just pinned some twist down in the direction i wanted it to go)..

Im sitting here with deep conditioner in my hair right now..I want to post an update on my products and regimen.... Me & Mandy - Page 3 Drunken_smilie
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 23rd November 2009, 12:51 pm

Mandy is looking good Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_eek !!!! Good Luck with the hair challenge!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 23rd November 2009, 3:57 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Mood: Me & Mandy - Page 3 Affraid

I had an accidental discovery last night! So my scalp was a little itchy so I decided to massage some olive oil into my scalp...I got my applicator and started going thru the parts, and as always it started to drip all over ....so I put two baggies on my head, by satin bonnet, and my scarf and went to bed...In the morning I woke up to a beautiful surprise Me & Mandy - Page 3 617583 My hair was soooooooo soft! the olive oil really,really moisturized my hair! And it was soft ALL day long...i mean its 11.29pm and ive been up since 5:45...and its still soft...Mandy's flirt thought so too hehe...I will def incorporate this into my regimen...i may even add it to my deep conditioner or use it alone......P.S... i tried a product ill tell u about it later....

Me & Mandy - Page 3 11182010

this is just a random pic of the hair after the olive oil....xcuse me being a bit xtra! lol

Did you leave the olive oil in your hair or did you rinse it out?
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 23rd November 2009, 5:46 pm

Blackbeauty wrote:Mandy is looking good Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_eek !!!! Good Luck with the hair challenge!

Thanks Hun! If u want to join its on YouTube...the girl who is hosting it is NaturalBells...its nothing serious it just a great way to focus on ur hair..
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 23rd November 2009, 5:48 pm

@ Pi Jay...I left it in that night...I just put it all through my scalp and some in my hair and put a plastic bag on it and then my bonnet...i woke up the next morning and fluffed...if u are transitioning it may leave ur relaxed ends a little wet tho...
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 23rd November 2009, 6:18 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Ok so I tried a new Deep Condish...The Lustrasilk Aloe Vera Cholesterol

Me & Mandy - Page 3 Lustra10

And It Worked really Well! I dont have any pics right now..ill add them later but a review on the conditioner:

The cholesterol was thick and creamy so it was able to coat my hair really well...it kinda reminded me of a jelly...Oh yea its the cool green color too

The product says that it helps with detangling and adds moisture and shine...

It did detangle like a freakin dream! I did not even HAVE to use a comb/brush only my fingers and it did leave my tresses really shiny! As for the moisture aspect it could have been a bit more moisturizing.

I will def purchase this again and continue to use...i could tell that my hair was bouncier and curlier all week...the next time i will add olive oil to the deep condish for the moisture...i need to rest up..bye ladies..

Whats the ingredients, price and where can I find it?
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 23rd November 2009, 6:35 pm

@BlackBeauty...the ingredients are :

Water(Aqua),Glyceral Sterate,Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Acohol,Cholesterol,Aloe Vera Gel,Silk Amino Acids, Mineral Oil, Methylparaben,Distearyldimonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Probylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Yellow #5, Blue#1, Fragrance...

Price: Apprx $2.00-$4.00 ( I lost my receipt)
Where u can buy: Any hairstore

Now the ingredients contain alot of alochol and are not the best...I thought long and hard before I gave this a try but I really like the outcome ...it detangled my hair and I added olive oil to mine to add extra moisture...BUT the great thing is that Lustrasilk offers several kinds of deep condish (shea butter, tea tree,olive oil,shea butter&mango,Carrot oil, Placenta & Jojoba...) so if are like "hell no" to the ingredients there are other options from the line with better ingredients

I think i will try the shea butter one too...but i really like the way the aloe vera detangled my hair and defined my curls!...I hoped this help chica!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 24th November 2009, 10:20 pm

im hella tired! ugh! But hey curlies!

So ive tried an experiment with Mandy...we had a great day on Sunday (thanks to the wash and Cholesterol w/Olive oil Deep COndish)

Instead of my usual twist out I tried the braid out this time around...and i must say YES Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_smile ...def a different look and i likey!

The first day there was some major major shrinkage...

Me & Mandy - Page 3 11232010

But today it got alot better!

Ive been challenging myself to simplify my routine...I didnt twist with Cantu...only DevaCare One..and shea butter...and of course i added coconut oil to the scalp....

My hair didnt have the "styled" look like i usually go for..but it did have the curly fro look which I adore...Ive found that braid outs stretch my hair and give my hair a diff curl pattern that I like..so day 2 after 10hrs being moisturized

Me & Mandy - Page 3 11232011

Me & Mandy - Page 3 11232012

And I even have a "Joan from girlfriend part" for a TWA!

Me & Mandy - Page 3 11232013

u couldnt tell me nothing today!! lol..and the best thing about my hair this week is that it is soooo moisturized...! Im gonna figure out who and what to give credit to and come back..

im exhausted from working so i must go..and i miss commenting on other's threads! I cant wait to catch up on the holiday!

see ya curlies
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 26th November 2009, 1:25 am

oops double posting

Last edited by curly+kinky+fierce on 26th November 2009, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double post)
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 26th November 2009, 1:26 am

Hey!

Mandy has been like Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_biggrin all week! I think that the most important thing for newly naturals like myself (or naturals in general ) to do is to LISTEN TO YOUR HAIR!

Im going to start documenting my routines as well as the products that I used for my different style twist/braids/wash n gos/. etc

This week Im wearing a braid out (pics above).

Products Used:

ACV (apple cider vinegar) rinse
Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo
Lustrasilk Aloe Vera Cholesterol
Suave Naturals Aloe Vera Conditioner
Deva Care One Condition
Unrefined Shea Butter
Coconut Oil

Technique:

I used ACV to clarify my hair this week.

Shampooed with Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo ( I noticed that my curls instantly popped vs Organic Root Stimulator Shampoo)

Detangled with Suave Naturals Aloe Vera Conditioner

Deep Conditioned with Lustrasilk Aloe Vera Cholesterol +Olive Oil

Applied Deva Care One condition as a leave in

Braided hair with Unrefined Shea Butter mix and sealed with coconut oil

The next morning fluffed with KBB Hair milk

The next night to preserve braided with KBB hair cream to preserve stye

Results: My hair was absolutely happy all week! It was so moisturized and had a soft hold! I achieved the more defined look of a 3 or 4 day old twist out! It was definately the "fro" looked which I loved being that I usually wear more "styled" looks. I def will be doing this in the future...

Oh! And I love the way the braid outs look on me!!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 26th November 2009, 10:55 am

How did u like the ACV rinse? Did ur itches go away?
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 26th November 2009, 1:30 pm

Blackbeauty..the acv rinse really did help! The itchies did go away! I think Chrslvs said that her hair was doing that bc of the change of weather...

The acv also removes product build up from your hair...AND its easy!!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 28th November 2009, 10:42 am

Hola!

So I didnt post yesterday...I had to WORK ( Me & Mandy - Page 3 Kopfschuettel )...so unfortunately I didnt get to lounge around, or go shopping, or do any of the fun "day after Thanksgiving" rituals...

The temperatures have dropped quickly here and my hair is feeling it...yesterday Mandy was a bit dry...I love KBB, but I think I need to try her KBB Butter for this type of weather...the cream does soften my hair but I think the butter is needed for these tresses...

With that being said...I did order Qhemet Biologics Alma Olive Heavy cream, Olive & Honey pomade(?), and the Cocoa detangler...GET THIS : so i went on their website at 7am thinking I was catching a major sale...so i go to clicking away and adding things to my cart and my items were ringing up at $5.50...I was like WOW Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_cheers ...so later while im bragging to a co worker about the "sale" I just got and come to find out I ordered the 2oz jars instead of 8oz... Me & Mandy - Page 3 Icon_redface oooo weee I was embarassed! lol..well im glad that I did order that size to see if I like it first...but from the looks of it the product goes out of stock frequently so...hmmmm...

Anywho...Mandy is in a 6 day braid out....I didnt co wash or anything this week so...(thats another post)

Just stopping in...OH! and so i just got access to this site from work! YES! ALL DAY FUN! HAHAHAHHA!

see u later curlies
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum