CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling Inspired?

2 posters

Go down

Feeling Inspired? Empty Feeling Inspired?

Post by Ebbz 12th June 2010, 3:55 pm

Where do you get your inspiration or strength to continue transitioning or to stay natural??

Ex. My boyfriend and I have an ongoing joke between us that my hair is a "rat nest", because jokingly, this is how he refers to it. I asked him to come and wash it for me, just to hear his response and he said "No. I have to work tonight and If I put my fingers in that rat nest, I will lose them". My response: "I almost lost them when I touched the middle of my hair(which is growing like a weed) today." His response: "Awwwww your beautiful nubian curls are coming in."

This really touched me because even though I can take the joke and sometimes play along with it, there are times when people say things that are very hurtful and can make me feel discouraged. This moment inspired me to keep going and to not return to the creamy crack.

I'm also inspired by pictures that are on a collage as my screensaver on my laptop of women with natural hair. This is my daily source of inspiration, along with my own goal to become confident with myself, no matter how I look.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Feeling Inspired? Empty Re: Feeling Inspired?

Post by afrochic 12th June 2010, 5:14 pm

My inspiration comes from a couple of people including my best friend Desiree, my ma, and my lil sisters!

My bestie Dez always compliments me on my hair and ever since I started wearing my natural curls, I have convinced her to go natural too! She loves that my hair is big, wild, and unique! i luv dat gurl l0l!

My ma is so supportive of me and my hair! She tells me how cute it is and she gets mad whenever I wear it straight! l0l Also, she wants to BC cuz she wants to start her own natural healthy hair journey!

and My lil sisters are soooo funnny! they love everything about natural hair! they juss love the concept of a BAF (big ass fro) l0l
my youngest sis (8yrs) said to me yesterday, "I cant wait till my hair is as long and big as yours"
and I thought it was cute cuz I wish I knew someone who rocked their natural curls when I was younger! If i did I would have started my natural curly journey a long time ago! l0l
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 12th June 2010, 5:34 pm

I didn't know anything about natural hair until I got to college and my best friend here, Arianna, was natural. She did a big chop and was rockin a TWA and I thought it was too cute! Before then I had never seen anyone rockin their natural hair like that. I envied her because she could wash her hair everyday and it was so easy
to maintain and I loved her curls.

My whole family is obsessed with relaxers and straight hair but through my journey I have convinced my mom and my younger sister to start taking better care of their hair and they are now on a HHJ, even though they are still relaxed.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by afrochic 12th June 2010, 6:02 pm

I know exactly what u mean!
If it wasn't for youtube I would have never started rocking my hair curly!
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 12th June 2010, 6:25 pm

Yeah youtube is what really helped me make the decision. I didn't even about transitioning and the different hairstyles until then. I was an addict. All my free time was spent watching youtube tutorials. lol I even had my boyfriend watching them when he wasn't even around me.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down