CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transition Moisture

2 posters

Go down

Transition Moisture Empty Transition Moisture

Post by DEE DUBB 11th June 2010, 10:05 am

Hello!

I am new to CN, I am a 4-month transitioner, and I plan to transition for AT MOST 8 more months.. I currently have about 1.5-2 inches of new growth, which tie down to straighten (as opposed to flat ironing as much). I am currently wearing a partial sew-in weave, where I leave out only the perimeter and a little bit at the bang area.

My problem--I need to moisturize my "leave out"/perimeter and my sewn-in braids. What products should I use, and how should I apply it? Currently, I am using Mizani RoseH20 on my leave out, because that is the only moisturizer that I have. I used to abhor putting cream on my hair because it would weigh it down, but right now, I am trying to load up on moisture and the weigh down thing is ok, because I tie it down anyway. FYI, I don't put products on the weave itself because it makes it stringy.

Ok, lastly, I am absolutely infatuated with this site. It makes me want to do the BC sooner... bounce
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Transition Moisture Empty Re: Transition Moisture

Post by DEE DUBB 14th June 2010, 3:58 pm

Ok, I got some YTC, Giovanni smooth as silk shampoo and Giovanni direct leave in and shea moisture masque.

I didn't know how to use any of it, so I used the Giovanni shampoo to wash my hair (which left my hair very dry). Then, I used the shea moisture masque and left it in for 5 minutes. Then, I rinsed it out, towel dried and used Giovanni Direct leave in. I was sorta unimpressed, but I don't want to give up. Was I using it improperly?

I wonder if I should've used the YTC as a conditioner instead?

Any tips are welcomed!
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 14th June 2010, 4:38 pm

Maybe. I have been transitioning since 9/09. My hair is 4a/b with fine texture. It loves protein, so I use Giovannit SAS and Direct Leave in and it leaves my hair very soft. If it left your hair dry, then IMO, your hair may not like protein or it may be "protein sensitive". In that case, I think that you should use products that provide more moisture than protein.

http://www.curlynikki.com/search/label/Tiffany%20the%20Curl%20Whisperer
http://www.curlynikki.com/search/label/Transitioning%20Tips%20and%20Resources

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down