CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Grocery stores in Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Hyattsvilles, or DC area.

+3
CocaColaCutie
ChrsLvsBks
Lysheba89
7 posters

Go down

Indian Grocery stores in Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Hyattsvilles, or DC area. Empty Indian Grocery stores in Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Hyattsvilles, or DC area.

Post by Lysheba89 9th June 2010, 10:18 pm

I'm originally from Baltimore, and I know of a few Indian grocery stores there, but now that I'm in the outlying DC suburbs, I'd like to know of some easily accessible Indian stores, for henna and other powders you guys are always talking about. Also, just talk to me about the powders. My plan was to walk in aimlessly into one of these stores and buy up everything, not even knowing what to do with them. But as a soon to be unemployed student, I have to check my product junkyism. Thanks ladies-I seriously love you!
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Indian Grocery stores in Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Hyattsvilles, or DC area. Empty Re: Indian Grocery stores in Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Hyattsvilles, or DC area.

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th June 2010, 2:04 pm

I have purchased neem, brahmi, henna, Vatika oil & coconut milk from one or two of the stores on University Blvd. One is located in a strip mall where Pollo Loco or something like that is located. The other is in the shopping center with Bank of America. The cross street for this one is New Hampshire Avenue.

Other Indian grocers I frequent more often are in Laurel.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Indian Grocery stores in Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Hyattsvilles, or DC area. Empty Re: Indian Grocery stores in Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Hyattsvilles, or DC area.

Post by CocaColaCutie 10th June 2010, 2:13 pm

I don't have any DC metro recs, but could you share the ones you've been to in Baltimore? I'd love to check them out!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 10th June 2010, 6:18 pm

Briggs Chaney and Old Columbia Pike ... I think it's called Sangam Grocery
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by AmberBrown 14th June 2010, 11:16 am

I think one of the stores ChrsLvsBks mentioned is Patel Brothers Smile I'm almost loathe to tell you ladies this (lol jk!) but they have an amazing stash of different henna brands. I do a lot of aimless walking Lysheba but I haven't broken the bank yet because the place is so inexpensive! I recently bought a $3 jar of coconut oil that would've cost upwards of 10 at WF.
AmberBrown
AmberBrown

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 15th June 2010, 5:10 pm

jcanalena79 wrote:Briggs Chaney and Old Columbia Pike ... I think it's called Sangam Grocery

That is right near my office. I'll definitely be going to check them out. I'm out of Vatika oil.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 17th June 2010, 1:00 pm

Patel Brothers is where I frequent and it is quite inexpensive
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

http://www.fotki.com/ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down