CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diatomaceous Earth for Hair Growth

3 posters

Go down

Diatomaceous Earth for Hair Growth Empty Diatomaceous Earth for Hair Growth

Post by JORIE 7th June 2010, 5:16 pm

Has anyone taken or is taking food grade Diatomaceous Earth? It is mostly silica and is supposed to promote faster hair growth. Anyone, anyone? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am soooo still trying to get my hair to grow faster. I got box braids 2 and a half weeks ago and my hair has barely loosened. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] September will make one year since my BC and I look like I BC'd 3 months ago. I have followed so many suggestions and do not know what else to do. I know some of you may say that health is the most important, but I personally need length. I want to be able to wear my hair out and do wash and gos. Twa's are cute, just not on me. Plus, I am so sick of trying to figure out what to do so I look like I want (wig, braids, hats).
JORIE
JORIE

Back to top Go down

Diatomaceous Earth for Hair Growth Empty Re: Diatomaceous Earth for Hair Growth

Post by Born2BeMe 7th June 2010, 8:39 pm

I was in your shoes last September. I got box braids Sept took them out Jan. and my hair had barely grown. I don't know if it's that the braids were too tight or what. So anyway I BC'd then immediately put kinky twists in my hair which I did myself. While I had the kinky twists in I used Sweet Nature by Eddie Follicle Stimulator which is supposed to be a growth aid. Keep in mind that when you apply "growth oils," they typically require that you massage your scalp which many people believe to be the reason these works. I believe it's both because I massaged my scalp w/ castor oil which is supposed to aid in healthy/thick growing hair and it didn't do much at all.

Many people will say that nothing actually causes your hair to grow but I really beg to differ bc I have seen this product work. Now, since this wasn't some kind of scientific experiment, I don't know if there were factors in my life that were affecting the growth rate of my hair during the box braid period. I do know that during that time I was very stressed out and not sleeping enough. Now, I have a good amount of hair on my head and I really do believe that product played a large part. My avatar pic is not me natural, I haven't been able to take any pics yet.

I would say to start with the 4oz for now and monitor your hair for at least a full month. Hope this helps!

http://www.fabulousblackwoman.com/spiritfolliclestimulator.html
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by JORIE 7th June 2010, 11:31 pm

Thanks so much. I will try it. It is just so frustrating. I know I am not supposed to compare heads, but its hard.
JORIE
JORIE

Back to top Go down

Post by krhymes 16th September 2010, 11:38 am

Hi,

I have used DE off and on for a year. When I was pregnant I ate it by alone a few tablespoons at a time. My hair grew so fast! It also stopped breaking off. And my son had so much hair that his six months sonogram showed his hair flowing. He is also very fat and healthy. The boy is 14mos and has never been ill (other than a fever from teething).

I stopped taking DE for about 3mos and experienced severe breakage again. My anemia returned. I have battled with poor iron absorption and hair breakage all my life. Needless to say I will keep a 6lb bag of DE for the rest of my days.

I also got my mother hooked on it. Her hair grows fast naturally, but once she started taking DE her bob would grow back down to her shoulders in only a couple of months. She was amazed that it made my hair so healthy a more amazed at how great it made her feel. Her health has improved, and she loves how it completely stopped her hot flashes.

Try to take at least a tablespoon everyday for two months...you'll see. Just look for permagaurd on ebay. As far as using it directly on your hair, I'm not sure.

krhymes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down