CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Curly Summer!

+5
afrochic
krissyc39
ladykay6
Ebbz
BornAgainCurlz
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

First Curly Summer! - Page 3 Empty Re: First Curly Summer!

Post by LivinandLovin 30th June 2010, 9:52 pm

krissyc39 wrote:@ LivinandLovin Congrats!! First Curly Summer! - Page 3 678474

One thing though if you're not familiar with braids please do your research and please, please, pleaseee don't make the same mistakes I did. I had rope twists 2 years ago in the summer and I must say I will never ever do it again. I did them waay to small, the lady used spritz (which contributed to the breaking of my hair), and I didn't moisturize or maintain my hair while in the twists. I ended losing half my hair in volume when I pulled them out and the ends were super uneven and knotted...

I really didn't mean to be frightening btw, I just want you and your newfound curlies to get off to the best start possible Smile

Thanks so much for the concern!! I've actually been getting braids for pretty much my whole life, so I've been through all the ups and downs. But, this past year I've only let one person do my hair. My friend braids for me, and she's the only one I trust. She's been natural her whole life, but transitioned from heat damaged hair two years ago, and has gone from nothing to not quite arm pit length in that time. She's seriously saved my hair, and never does my braids too tiny.

LivinandLovin

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinandLovin 30th June 2010, 9:54 pm

krissyc39 wrote:I gave up on finding it in a store

buy it from coastal scents. It was around $15 (tax & shipping included) and there are a lot of CN members who back that site up

I have coastal cents, and what I don't like about it is that it's really hard, and it comes in this packet, not a container. I found some shea butter that's softer and comes in container, so I'm going to order it next time, so we'll see how it compares.

LivinandLovin

Back to top Go down

Post by afrochic 30th June 2010, 11:53 pm

LivinandLovin wrote:

buy it from coastal scents. It was around $15 (tax & shipping included) and there are a lot of CN members who back that site up

I have coastal cents, and what I don't like about it is that it's really hard, and it comes in this packet, not a container. I found some shea butter that's softer and comes in container, so I'm going to order it next time, so we'll see how it compares.

@livinandlovin: where did u find the other shea butter that is softer and comes in a container??
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 1st July 2010, 12:40 am

@ LivinandLovin Are you looking for like a whipped butter? because you can take that shea and a couple other ingredients and make a really nice body/face/skin butter
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinandLovin 3rd July 2010, 6:13 pm

afrochic wrote:
LivinandLovin wrote:

@livinandlovin: where did u find the other shea butter that is softer and comes in a container??

Hey, it's at madinaonline.com. I use the yellow shea butter. There's a one pound jar for 3.99, or 20 pounds for like 70 something.

LivinandLovin

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinandLovin 3rd July 2010, 6:17 pm

krissyc39 wrote:@ LivinandLovin Are you looking for like a whipped butter? because you can take that shea and a couple other ingredients and make a really nice body/face/skin butter

I normally whip my shea butter, with some water and a few different oils, but it always manages to harden again...

LivinandLovin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3