CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natrual models are all over the place!!

+10
swoodward
Sasha B.
Music8192
CurlsGalore
cassadie3
MeMyHair&theCity
HairKandi
Karyn
Lynnieluve
Curly_Star_19
14 posters

Go down

Natrual models are all over the place!! Empty Natrual models are all over the place!!

Post by Curly_Star_19 3rd June 2010, 8:17 pm

Ok so I've been transitioning for 7 months and ever since I made my decision to go natrual I am always on the look out for those around me who have natrual hair as well. I guess I just enjoy seeing people who have the same hair views as I do. Anywoo...lately I have been noticing that every black person I seen on a television commerial or in a magazine ad has natrual hair! This is crazy to me since I always hear people saying that natrual hair is not as accepted as relaxed hair. I've seen so many ads with curly heads is crazy and it's like every commercial I seen (like ones for Tide, one for Medicom Cable) with black people in it the actress hair natrual hair! I know this is so random [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lol I was just wondering did anyone else notice this.
Curly_Star_19
Curly_Star_19

Back to top Go down

Natrual models are all over the place!! Empty Re: Natrual models are all over the place!!

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 8:18 pm

You are not the only one!! There are naturals all over commercials now!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Natrual models are all over the place!! Empty Re: Natrual models are all over the place!!

Post by Karyn 3rd June 2010, 8:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm pretty sure that ever since Obama was elected, there has been a LARGE amount of black people in commercials, natural or not.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by HairKandi 4th June 2010, 11:43 am

I get so excited when I see so many naturals out there its such a great feeling!
HairKandi
HairKandi

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMyHair&theCity 4th June 2010, 11:55 am

I love to see other Naturals, especially on TV!!

I point it out SO much that whenever my BF and I are watching tv and a natural is on a commercial he looks at me, smiles, and says, in his most girly voice imitation of me..."She's natural." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeah, he's mocking me but, at least he's paying attention [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MeMyHair&theCity
MeMyHair&theCity

http://memyhairandthecity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 4th June 2010, 8:28 pm

Agreed! I think that my hair even got me a little modeling gig because it was so distinctive in a sea of straight hair!

http://publicbikes.com/Clothing-and-Bags
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 4th June 2010, 8:35 pm

HairKandi wrote:I get so excited when I see so many naturals out there its such a great feeling!

Your avi is fabulous!!! I love your hair!!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 4th June 2010, 8:39 pm

yes I have noticed a lot more naturals seen on commercials. But even here in the city for me, I see a lot of naturals on the train and practically everywhere I go. Its a nice thing to see...
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha B. 4th June 2010, 10:31 pm

I've definitely noticed the Curlies on TV.
Anytime I see them I shout (loudly), "NATURAL HAIR!"

Usually scaring the hell out of the person closest to me...lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sidenote: I was once told that "Black women with Natural Hair, in the TV industry, are more commercial and therefore more "marketable" when targeting the Black audience."

Interesting... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sasha B.
Sasha B.

http://thisisshe.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 5th June 2010, 11:19 pm

Ha, my daughter is so mad because she knows that I am justified when she sees natural hair is going mainstream. Ha! Razz
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 6th June 2010, 11:17 am

Yes, this is SO TRUE!!! I thought maybe I hadn't been paying attention, but we're EVERYWHERE LOL! I big chopped one week before I went on a casting call in Lafayette. I wanted to show my real hair and brought pics that showed my half wig b/c short hair doesn't mean a lack of versatility. Guess what? My half wig on my pictures was a curly afro and the agent LOVED IT. Did I say I received a contract? Yes, I got signed. Modeling apparently loves naturals and I believe I know why? We Rock Confidence with a smile!

Secondly, here in the South, naturals use to stand out like a sore thumb. It's so hot here and so many people are stuck in their ignorant thought processes no one wanted to be talked about and stand out as different. Why is it now every corner I turn while shopping and there's a twa or shaved bald head?? I'm like what? Most of the bald ones are older women and its just too many to assume chemotherapy so I'm gonna say they're just doing "them" naturally. LOL
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 6th June 2010, 3:24 pm

As an "older one" I have to agree with you. a lot of us are tired of the old ways. It's not chemo!!

I am so glad about your contract. Hooray! dance
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by zanajh 6th June 2010, 3:43 pm

Am I the only one who has noticed that the naturals are mostly 3bc or 4a
zanajh
zanajh

http://islandgirlnappiness.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 6th June 2010, 9:52 pm

swoodward wrote:As an "older one" I have to agree with you. a lot of us are tired of the old ways. It's not chemo!!

I am so glad about your contract. Hooray! dance

Swoodward, thanks so much! And confidence is hot no matter what age, I'm glad to see it.
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th June 2010, 10:18 pm

cassadie3 wrote:Agreed! I think that my hair even got me a little modeling gig because it was so distinctive in a sea of straight hair!

http://publicbikes.com/Clothing-and-Bags

That's awesome! I would so purchase that messanger bag if I was a bike rider!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I just love Lola!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMyHair&theCity 10th June 2010, 6:28 pm

Hi Ladies,

After reading this post a couple of days ago I saw a picture of a model with natural hair at McDonalds...boy, did that cause the wheels in my head to turn....I couldn't help but write about it.

http://memyhairandthecity.com/2010/06/10/what-does-natural-hair-represent/

What do you think natural hair represents?

I would love to start a dialouge...this could get interesting... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MeMyHair&theCity
MeMyHair&theCity

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 12th June 2010, 2:47 pm

check out this month's essence. There are a ton of natural hair models in ads and a few features. Yay!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 12th June 2010, 2:49 pm

MeMyHair&theCity wrote:Hi Ladies,

After reading this post a couple of days ago I saw a picture of a model with natural hair at McDonalds...boy, did that cause the wheels in my head to turn....I couldn't help but write about it.

http://memyhairandthecity.com/2010/06/10/what-does-natural-hair-represent/

What do you think natural hair represents?

I would love to start a dialouge...this could get interesting... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Awesome post!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMyHair&theCity 12th June 2010, 3:15 pm

@swoodward THANKS!!
MeMyHair&theCity
MeMyHair&theCity

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 12th June 2010, 4:21 pm

I totally agree! And I guess it's not only me that has noticed this!
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefulcurls 14th June 2010, 5:34 pm

I say the same thing everyday, bc everytime I am watching TV I do see a natural in about 7 out of the 10 commercials I view & it is so exciting! I just love how the media is beginning to accept us the way we are & are not forcing heat on us anymore just so that we may snag a job! Way to go natural models! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down