CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Venting >__< and considering a texturizer

+15
cutephantasm
bholmes87
tashafawn24
Juices-n-Berries
CurlyChefRobin
DreamMerchant
iri9109
raina
serenesky04
Nessa101
HappyCurly
hippychic
Lynnieluve
Muz
Music8192
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hair Venting  >__<  and considering a texturizer - Page 2 Empty Re: Hair Venting >__< and considering a texturizer

Post by cutephantasm 6th June 2010, 12:54 pm

just a suggestion, but if your hair soaks up moisture as you say, it may be overly porous...if that is the case, you could try henna treatments (once your hair gets a bit healthier) Henna treatments & Pre-Poo's literally saved my hair!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Hair Venting  >__<  and considering a texturizer - Page 2 Empty Re: Hair Venting >__< and considering a texturizer

Post by Miz B 6th June 2010, 2:54 pm

I just wanted to add-queen helene has minerol oil in it! Which blocks moisture. Jesse curl has a great deep condish. Think it's one of curly nikkis favorite, I've used it and it's great. Hang in there curly!
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 6th June 2010, 4:38 pm

@ Miz B, I LOVE queen helen conditioner! Sad I like it b/c it is very thick, and I need thickness for my hair. In the past I have used Redken which is really good but expensive. And I also use on occasion Salerm also expensive as well. Sometimes I also use CHI, which I would have to say is pretty darn good and makes it easier to comb my hair or blow it out. @ JnB, my hair get's very defined when wet, still in the 4's category in regards to my curl pattern. When it is dry, it gets extremely kinky and shrunken.. of course Razz and @ cutephantasm, I used henna about 3 weeks ago and i know it works really well! And the pre-poo's im still trying to figure out lol scratch\

thanks for the support you all
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 6th June 2010, 8:35 pm

One suggestion Music - If the Queen Helene has Mineral Oil I'd probably be very careful. Thickness does not always lead to healthy hair. I was using a lot of stuff that was "thick" or looked good and once I started using products that had good ingredients I could see a major difference in my hair. Best wishes on your journey!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gennatay 6th June 2010, 8:42 pm

I have chronic dry hair as well.
Have you tried henna yet. It relaxed my curls a bit. Try looking on the ayurvedic thread, a lot of those herbal powders and oils will make you have softer and moisturized.

Also try a glycerine based product (or look into making your own) these eally haelped me.
gennatay
gennatay

http://lifeamateur.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 6th June 2010, 8:58 pm

I just BC'd a few weeks ago and some days I love my hair and some days I do not like it. I mositurize my hair several times a day with water and Knot Today....It helps alot. I think you your hair looks nice, my hair is really thick also and I co wash at least every other day, I also baggy at night sometimes. I carry my spray bottle to work and if my hair is dry I spritz it. I am also new to this.....Don't give up!
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th June 2010, 11:15 pm

If you have defined curls when your hair is wet, then with the proper products and care you should be able to mimic that definition when the hair is dry. It may take some time and work, but once your hair is at it's best, you should start to see definition on your dry hair as well.

I agree with the others. Mineral oil is not the friendliest thing you can use. There are other thick deep treatments such as SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque. It can be found at Target. I'm all about doing what works for your hair. I wouldn't say not to use something that works just because it doesn't have the best ingredients. But if you're having problems with dryness, it would be best to stay away from products that block moisture from the hair.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 7th June 2010, 11:39 am

Stay encouraged! I know you are getting lots of great advice, but I wanted to add my 2 cents. I always add honey and EVOO to my dc. I tried it on my aunts 4b hair this week and she immeadiately noticed a difference in the feel of her hair. Like you, she mainly wears her hair in twists only washing every 2-3 weeks, so I suggested cowashing and dcing more frequently.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2