CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how long does it take to do your own twist?

+11
ButterQueen
ChrsLvsBks
marquila2007
Lynnieluve
Napp_Napp_Cat
labon10
BrownSkinDiva
coilykinks
Niqui36
curlybarbi48
MsJanit
15 posters

Go down

how long does it take to do your own twist? Empty how long does it take to do your own twist?

Post by MsJanit 2nd June 2010, 6:56 pm

Im new to this and I'm not sure if ill get any input, but here goes. I've been natural for 11 months and recently started to style my hair. i did a lot of wash and goes with Kinky curly and leave-in, but now I've branched out and started to do my own twists and it takes forever i cant ever say that it will take me three hours to complete my twists and what makes it even more frustrating is that when im done they are never the way i imagine or rather intended them to turn out. i pay someone to braid my hair but why when i can do it myself. I mean ive attempted to do twist when I first BCd and that was definitely a challenge and took all night long and also during the winter cold days id try but still would take forever. Now that its summer id love to wear twist more than a wash and go, anyone have any ideas that can help me minimize the time it takes me to twist.
MsJanit
MsJanit

Back to top Go down

how long does it take to do your own twist? Empty Re: how long does it take to do your own twist?

Post by curlybarbi48 2nd June 2010, 8:14 pm

Hi MsJanit.

When I first started twisting my hair, it took me about an hour and a half to two hours. Never 3 hours! Are you making your twists super small? Now, to dry twist at night, it takes me about 30 - 45 minutes. To wet twist, adding a twisting product, it takes me about an hour. How long is your hair? It took me a lot longer when my hair was shorter. Now, my hair is about 5 - 6 inches long (maybe?). I usually twist mine while sitting in front of the TV.
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

how long does it take to do your own twist? Empty Re: how long does it take to do your own twist?

Post by Niqui36 2nd June 2010, 8:52 pm

It took me about 5 hours just to do the twists you see in my avatar. I took a few breaks though so maybe 3 1/2 or 4 hours total. When I do larger twists though it only takes about an hour, but I don't feel comfortable wearing those out. I don't even imagine what mine will look like, I just let it do what it do. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Otherwise I know I'm gonna be disappointed.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 2nd June 2010, 11:27 pm

NIQUI36-your twists look good.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 3rd June 2010, 7:45 am

it depends on the size of twists for me, if i put medium sized ones maybe 30-45 minutes because i section it off and put my leave-in, then shea butter mix on each section before i twist....if im doing larger ones like 8-10 maybe 15-20 minutes....
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 3rd June 2010, 9:31 am

So am I the only one to notice the big guy?

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 3rd June 2010, 9:32 am

i see it too, i think its some kinda spam or something like that....we prob should get nikkis attention to delete it....
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 3rd June 2010, 9:42 am

My two strand twists usually only takes me about 1 1/2 hour..if I'm being a little lazy maybe 2 hours. It also depends on what size you are trying to do. I did the mini twists before and that can take a longgggggggggggggggggg time! I would suggest doing medium size twists and that shouldnt take you long at all.

Good luck!
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 3rd June 2010, 5:34 pm

labon10 wrote:So am I the only one to notice the big guy?

Labon10 - No, I noticed but chose to ignore him. If he doesn't get a reaction he will probably go away. I did, however report him to Nikki.
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 6:08 pm

My small twist take about 4-5 hrs.

My medium twist take 2 1/2-3 hrs.

My large twist take about an hour.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by marquila2007 3rd June 2010, 9:12 pm

Mine take about1 hour half to two hours doing very small twists but not the micro size ones. My advice is to listen to some good music or have a good friend to talk to while doing it. Makes the time go by faster. Hth

marquila2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 9:35 pm

I just did some large twist and it only took 40 minutes. That's mostly because my hair was already detangled.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th June 2010, 12:42 pm

Like others, it depends on the style. For small twists, 6 hours. Medium twists 4-5 hours and large twists 2-3 hours.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 4th June 2010, 2:27 pm

wow 6 hours! Patience is definitely a virtue. I guess I have taaken as much as 3 hours doing smaller twists chunky ones significantly less. Sometimes to save time I will do a dual style, like braid or flat twist part of the hair and then twist the rest especially with my girls. Here's a quickie twisted ponytail I did with my oldest
girls hair
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
She's totally impatient and tenderheaded so I'm always in a rush to get done with her head, lol but this only took about 35 minutes from start to finish working through her hair with aloe spritzer and hair butter and i'm done with her head for another week ;-)
Just an idea.
Bets wishes!!
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

http://www.butters-n-bars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 4th June 2010, 5:12 pm

WOW, guess I'm slow, lol......I do dry, mini twists and it usually takes me at least 7 hours to finish them. I'm still kind of new to the twisting game though.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 4th June 2010, 5:48 pm

it depends.. sometimes i can finish them in about a day or 2. I've gotten so use to doing twist so it can get it done some what quickly.
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by Fen 7th June 2010, 2:44 pm

It depends on what size twists I'm doing Smile. For small twists, it takes around 1-1 1/2 hours. For medium ones 45 minutes to 1 hour, and for large/jumbo twists, about 15-30 minutes.

Fen

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 12th June 2010, 5:10 pm

coilykinks wrote:NIQUI36-your twists look good.
I just saw this compliment. Thanks alot! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgainCurlz 17th June 2010, 3:08 pm

as many have already said the smaller the twist the longer it takes but ive noticed that after months of doing twists im quicker. the first time i did them it took me 2hrs and i was doing them medium-large size!!! but i got better at them (and cared less about how i parted my hair) now i do small one in under an hr. just keep practicing
BornAgainCurlz
BornAgainCurlz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down