CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trimming Transitioning Hair

+2
Ebbz
Ms.Fenty
6 posters

Go down

Trimming Transitioning Hair Empty Trimming Transitioning Hair

Post by Ms.Fenty 31st May 2010, 5:37 pm

Hey Ladies, CN just put up a post about trimming natural hair, so I'm wondering how can I trim my transitioning hair? I really don't want to use heat though because it takes too much to straighten my hair, I was thinking about twisting it up and then trimming, but won't it be too uneven? Any suggestions.......
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Trimming Transitioning Hair Empty Re: Trimming Transitioning Hair

Post by Ebbz 1st June 2010, 10:22 am

I just recently trimmed my hair for the first time since my last relaxer. I'm not using any heat on my hair so I just trimmed it right after I got out of the shower. I put some leave in conditioner on it, combed it through and went to work. My ends are not split, but they were badly broken off in some areas so I just evened it up a little.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by CristineYvonne 1st June 2010, 8:33 pm

you can do a roller set/silk wrap if you don't want to use direct heat (flat iron/blow dryer) if you want to do it straight. i did this once, i've also used direct heat once to straighten my transitioning hair.
CristineYvonne
CristineYvonne

http://www.twitter.com/_Ambiti0usGrl

Back to top Go down

Post by natural_nance 2nd June 2010, 3:20 pm

I actually have had my hair trimmed without straightening. I searched for natural hair salons in my area and after calling a few settled on the one that made me feel the most comfortable and it turned out great! She just trimmed it while it was wet.
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 2nd June 2010, 9:52 pm

thanks for your input ladies, I've thought about it and I think it might be a bad idea for me to trim my own hair especially if its loose (I dont want to get scissor happy). But maybe I'll try the roller set/wrap and then go the salon to get it trimmed or ask them to trim it wet
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by ashollan 3rd June 2010, 9:50 am

I just go to the salon every 8 to 10 weeks and get it trim. That is when I straighten it too. My hair has not suffered because I have straightened it every couple of months.
ashollan
ashollan

Back to top Go down

Post by lolakinkz 5th June 2010, 3:49 am

Ms.Fenty wrote:thanks for your input ladies, I've thought about it and I think it might be a bad idea for me to trim my own hair especially if its loose (I dont want to get scissor happy). But maybe I'll try the roller set/wrap and then go the salon to get it trimmed or ask them to trim it wet

I wish I came across this a week ago. I'm transitioning and after a cowash I decided to trim my ends. What started as a trim turned into a 3-4inch cut lol. I got scissor happy. But ah well just less relaxed hair for me to deal with [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lolakinkz
lolakinkz

https://www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down