CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hairyuveda Challenge

+50
Ladybird
K.DES
slimwithabs
ginabina
ajsimmons8
dajewel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
noski
misskris
Sebastain13
SheeTacular
bajangyrl
Choctaw
jamaicacurl
swoodward
CrissyQ
Alanija
tshala
libs2001
Karyn
Curlock Holmes
s4pphir3
Natural-In_Me
jasikazenith
KeAnia
naturalnat
Steveburner
Keesh
DMCC
Kurly4theKid
Carolina Natural
Ms Hood
adamseve
letha
CurlyCaramelCutie
envizionj
Brainiac
AfrikanLatina
freckledmom4
curlydpm
krazy coils
newday
TerraD
carfi366
ChrsLvsBks
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
gennatay
Juices-n-Berries
ButterQueen
54 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Hairyuveda Challenge - Page 30 Empty Re: Hairyuveda Challenge

Post by ButterQueen 6th March 2011, 6:24 pm

@alanija and ajsimmons, it really shouldnt be so difficult to rinse out the henna from your hair...interested to know what is in the mixes, are you all rinsing in a good stream of warm water(not cold or hot)
I remember when I first started using henna i discovered that usually the orange water would come from me literally 'missing a spot' of henna in my head. Taking pictures of different parts of your hair in good light can help you see where you're missing. @ajsimmons, if your henna isnt deepening it's probably because you are poo'ing before the henna has a chance to oxidise. Its the same way with body art, if you wash your hands with soap before the henna oxidises you've pretty much wrecked your work and the design fades much much quicker. So No poo so soon after a henna
Look for a sale my dear henna heads :-)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend Smile
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

http://www.butters-n-bars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 6th March 2011, 10:00 pm

BQ - so I should not use poo when to rinse out my henna? So basically, I wasted a good batch of henna and 4 hours of my day? Embarassed
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 7th March 2011, 1:28 am

AJ, did you get a little color left in your hair? If so, then you didn't waste hours or time. But next time you will know.

Sale, did you say sale??? Nice!!!.

I think I said I henna'd last week, um wednesday or so and i like. But I think Ilike Jamila a bit more than the karishma. The karishma did well, but, something,not sure what yet is bit better with the jamila. THat I can't find in a store near me. Have to order that one. I can find the karishma and others, umm mehandi, and can't remeber, in a store.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 7th March 2011, 8:22 am

BQ I used 100g of Reshma Henna with 2tbs of Amla, mixed with distilled water. I too poo'd my hair after the henna. I got some color, not what I was expecting, and the color around the hairline is giving me fits. I don't like it at all, it needs to be darker. I would like to correct this color mishap somehow but am more anxious about that than I was for the initial henna trial. And I think maybe going to the local Indian store was a mistake. My curls don't look the same, and my hair doesn't feel the same. I'll be wearing a head band today for my observation assignment because this hairline color just won't do.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 7th March 2011, 8:46 am

When hennaing for color in my best opinion the 2 best hennas are Jamila (BAQ)which is the date stamped box, Rajasthani (Alanija you may want to look into using this type of henna as it does produce a deeper color). Egyptian would be the next best. Some people will say yemeni henna is best for gray, I didn't find that to be true, in fact when doing henna on some of my associates who were gray the Jamila gave better coverage. Hennas from other places like Sudan can be kind of tricky, the sift isnt always the best in the world. I'm also looking at some henna blends coming up with the henna and indigo, or henna and cassia, an herbal henna with sore of the conditioning herbs like brahmi and bhringraj already mixed in to take out some of the guess work :-)
@Alanija, what feels different about your curls? Try doing a deep conditioner (I always use a hair masque made with the clays and herbs when my curls feel a bit strange to get them back into shape ;-). As far as the color, if it is too much and you want the hair dark again soon a henndigo will fix it, and a better option for you since you're not hennaing for the color at all would be cassia powder, get the loosening effects of the henna with no color commitment whatsoever.)
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 7th March 2011, 9:34 am

Thanks for the reply BQ. I wanted a bit of color from the henna, definitely not the loosening effect. Thankfully my curls didn't loosen, but the hairline color is too much for me, the rest I can deal with. I would consider a henndigo if it'd bring the darkness back but I'll wait till you finish mixing it up as I can't play mixtress anymore right now. I've done two dc's already and my hair when wet isn't showing the curls like it did before. It looks sort of fro'y all over, instead of just my one fro'y part. I'll be looking at B-N-B when I get home to see what you have to remedy this. If you have any suggestions please let me know and I'll put it on my list.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 7th March 2011, 11:03 am

BQ, have you tried or heard of the Moroccan henna? I've been using that for the past 3 henna's with really good color - it's a more reddish brown deposit. I'm thinking of trying the Jamila next since I hear such good things about it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of other henna blends you come up with so that we can try them out Smile
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 7th March 2011, 12:06 pm

ajsimmons8 wrote:BQ, have you tried or heard of the Moroccan henna? I've been using that for the past 3 henna's with really good color - it's a more reddish brown deposit. I'm thinking of trying the Jamila next since I hear such good things about it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of other henna blends you come up with so that we can try them out Smile
I have heard of the moroccan henna, in fact henna is grown in various parts of Africa and the Middle East, but I have found that the best henna comes from the place in which it originates-The India and Pakistan(the origins of Jamila and Rajisthan are from these places). Henna plants grows very easily in the right climates so it's easy to cultivate it and honestly you can find good henna in other places just like you can find not so good henna coming from India (the usual reasons for a henna being not so good from these places is a dishonest vendor (unfortunately) who sends you a bad henna or sends you something that is ground like henna but turns out to be grass (don't laugh t happens!), a bad sift, or old henna.
Many of the less popular hennas are imported by a person who comes from the region or knows someone closely from there since import and export restrictions can be tighter in some countries due to political unrest and bad relations.
So thats my 'everything you didn't want to know about henna' lecture for today! study lol!
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 7th March 2011, 3:23 pm

So these are pics from my two hennas. The first was three weeks ago with jamila or so, the second is from last week with karishma herbal henna. Two different types of henna. Pretty much the same affects, but the jamila had more curl loosening which I kid of liked. My hair is very tightly coiled.....

[
First henna
url=https://servimg.com/view/15805456/82][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

Second henna
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 7th March 2011, 8:27 pm

@ missycee- I used Karishama the last 2 times that I hennaed. I think I prefer the color of the Kaishma because it was darker, but my scalp itched for a few days after. The Karishma probably doesn't loosen the curl because it has amla and brahmi in it. I think I'm going back to Jamila because I hate having an itchy scalp.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 7th March 2011, 9:03 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:@ missycee- I used Karishama the last 2 times that I hennaed. I think I prefer the color of the Kaishma because it was darker, but my scalp itched for a few days after. The Karishma probably doesn't loosen the curl because it has amla and brahmi in it. I think I'm going back to Jamila because I hate having an itchy scalp.
If you have an itchy scalp from the 'herbal henna; product then it most likely contains indigo. I really dont go for stuff that says "and other selected' anything and doenst give a full ingredients list, but if you happen to find the full list of ingredients indigo will probably be on the list. An easy remedy? Just add your favorite powders to your Jamila for your own 'herbal henna blend' Smile
This is most likely what gave you a darker color as well (i.e indigo)
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 8th March 2011, 12:19 am

I was noticing a itch. Thought it was because my scalp was dry from the henna. Hmmmmmmmm makes me wonder now.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 8th March 2011, 6:53 am

Yeah, the itchy scalp thing is not working for me either.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 8th March 2011, 8:57 am

Ladies try calming the itchies by adding moisture and reducing the ph in your scalp by using some aloe vera juice (or gel) massaged directly into the scalp (especially where the itchies are) aloe is a ph balancer (which is why it works for digestive trouble when taken internally). It has a natually low ph which brings down the acid levels which in the case of indigo itchies is due to a naturally high level of acid. Another option is doing a cassia treatment to calm down the itchies(again i would use avg or avj instead of water).
This really kind of affirms that it must contain indigo (indigo is notorious for itchies, headaches for some people who use it)
Hope this helps,
Sharika
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 8th March 2011, 4:01 pm

ButterQueen wrote:
MissyCee wrote:So with all these oils and powders, if I think I need protein, is that taken care of also? I was reading an article that broke down in plain language how to tell if you need protein, etc, and I pretty much fit into the needing protein category. Are some of these products protein packed or do I still need to continue that on the side?

Thanks for your help!!!
I do agree with AJ on this one, using the ayurvedics on a regular you will find that you'll have no need for an additional protein treatment...the herbs take care of it all and you'll find strength, sheen, and more
IT'S FREEBIE TIME dance
YES THATS RIGHT THE ORIGINAL CONDITIONING HAIR MASQUE HAS GONE HERBAL
(and I luv sharing with you guys)
so I'm taking calls for those who'd like to try, just PM with your info and it's in the mail
...so what's in it????
All the ingredients that are in my original which are my two favorite clays (aussie pink and rhassoul clay), organic aloe vera juice, virgin hemp seed oil, virgin organic olive oil, organic raw honey, silk amino acids, and a preservative (which is formaldehyde, phthalate and alcohol free)
with the addition of Brahmi, Jaswand and a sensual botanical blend of Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (and) Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (and) Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract (and) Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (and) Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract (and) Althaea Officinalis Root Extract

Let me know who's in!!!!

Hi ButterQueen-
COngratulations with the new bun! Is the herbal masque available on BnB? I missed the freebie give away; but the masque sounds delish and I'd love to give it a try.

Thanks,
Carla a.k.a Carfi366
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 8th March 2011, 4:10 pm

Hi Carla!!,
was wondering where you were Smile
Yes its there, in the same place as the original.
btw, I'm so excited you all 'b-n-b' is getting its own 'spa day makeover', lol
more like an ultimate makeover coming this spring (yaaay, as hard as she works she deserves it -the websites day at Eva Szabo or something ;-)
So we're totally excited about that!!
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 8th March 2011, 5:19 pm

ButterQueen wrote:Hi Carla!!,
was wondering where you were Smile
Yes its there, in the same place as the original.
btw, I'm so excited you all 'b-n-b' is getting its own 'spa day makeover', lol
more like an ultimate makeover coming this spring (yaaay, as hard as she works she deserves it -the websites day at Eva Szabo or something ;-)
So we're totally excited about that!!

I have been busying introducing the world to henna and ayurvedic powders! Every since the contest I rave to anyone that will listen about the benefits of ayurvedic powders, oils and end up sharing my win stash with them. But I love it! I just put in my order for the masques and I'm looking forward to the B-n-B makeover.
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 8th March 2011, 8:58 pm

ButterQueen wrote:Ladies try calming the itchies by adding moisture and reducing the ph in your scalp by using some aloe vera juice (or gel) massaged directly into the scalp (especially where the itchies are) aloe is a ph balancer (which is why it works for digestive trouble when taken internally). It has a natually low ph which brings down the acid levels which in the case of indigo itchies is due to a naturally high level of acid. Another option is doing a cassia treatment to calm down the itchies(again i would use avg or avj instead of water).
This really kind of affirms that it must contain indigo (indigo is notorious for itchies, headaches for some people who use it)
Hope this helps,
Sharika

Thanks for the tip. I got my powders yesterday, you are working at lightning fast speed-lol! Thanks again!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 8th March 2011, 9:04 pm

@Carfi, I also wondered where you were - we missed you on here Very Happy How are your Ayurveda treatments going?
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 10th March 2011, 3:14 pm

Hi Ladies!
I have amla and brahmi powders and tea bags. I want to make a tea with the powders, but I'm not sure what to do with the tea. How do you incorporate ayurvedic teas into your regimen? Thanks for your suggetions:)
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 10th March 2011, 3:25 pm

actually freckeld mom you dont need the tea bags at all, the 'tea' is made with the powder itself and the finished tea can be used as a daily spritzer to give you a daily dose of 'hairyuvedic' benefit :-)
You can also do simple rinses with them when you need a 'quickie' conditioning fix as well!
Enjoy your 'tea' cheers
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 10th March 2011, 6:24 pm

Muchas gracias!^
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 11th March 2011, 9:38 am

Okay, I don't know what was in that mess I put in my hair last week, but whatever it was is still in my hair. I've done two rollersets since then (fail, fail) and my hands and nails look like I've been eating cheez doodles. The orange is still rinsing from my hair!! What should I do?
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 11th March 2011, 3:29 pm

whew! I've been reading this thread forever to catch up!! Surprised) Thanks for all of the great info ladies!! I'll be heading over to BNB to order the masque that everyone is raving about - thanks BQ!

I've been henna'ing for a few weeks now and I've done 1 amla gloss. I have some indigo I haven't felt the need to use yet, because my hair is still pretty dark. I think I'll try an amla DC tonight with coconut milk, honey and conditioner.

I'm sure I'll be back later with questions, but I'm excited to join this thread. Woo hoo! cheers
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 11th March 2011, 6:15 pm

Alanija wrote:Okay, I don't know what was in that mess I put in my hair last week, but whatever it was is still in my hair. I've done two rollersets since then (fail, fail) and my hands and nails look like I've been eating cheez doodles. The orange is still rinsing from my hair!! What should I do?
Have you shampooed (not cowash) since you henna'ed? I can only think that the henna is not fully rinsed from you hair, but you are not the only one who has orange fingers. I neglected to put a glove on my left hand when I henna'ed-lol! I hope you get it rinsed out soon.

nattynattie wrote:whew! I've been reading this thread forever to catch up!! Surprised) Thanks for all of the great info ladies!! I'll be heading over to BNB to order the masque that everyone is raving about - thanks BQ!

I've been henna'ing for a few weeks now and I've done 1 amla gloss. I have some indigo I haven't felt the need to use yet, because my hair is still pretty dark. I think I'll try an amla DC tonight with coconut milk, honey and conditioner.

I'm sure I'll be back later with questions, but I'm excited to join this thread. Woo hoo! cheers

Welcome! run
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next