CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hawaiian Silk 14-n-1 Miracle Worker

+17
Pinkrage
Carolina Natural
Naturalin2010
TriniCherryPrincess
JennyF
Ebbz
krazy coils
MeMyHair&theCity
NaturallyCLD
kurlegurl
kevynnew
cutie_curli
CrissyQ
curlycoils77
LaToya28
mstokes2008
Just Me
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hawaiian Silk 14-n-1 Miracle Worker - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawaiian Silk 14-n-1 Miracle Worker

Post by CrissyQ 18th June 2010, 6:36 pm

krazy coils wrote:I purchased a bottle of this yesterday to try this summer.

Yeaa, you are going to love it
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Hawaiian Silk 14-n-1 Miracle Worker - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawaiian Silk 14-n-1 Miracle Worker

Post by Ebbz 19th June 2010, 3:11 pm

I bought some of this yesterday and I'm wondering how it's going to turn out since most of my hair is still relaxed. I was addicted to their relaxers back in my creamy crack days so I figured I'd like another one of their products as well. I'm going to try a braid out with it and see how it turns out.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyF 20th June 2010, 11:06 am

I bought this product two months ago. First day, loved it!! By day three, my hair did not respond to it at all. My hair looked very dry. My hair is very fine and I think the mineral oil in the 14 in 1 did not agree with my hair. It wasn't an expensive purchase so I didn't get too upset about it.
JennyF
JennyF

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 21st June 2010, 7:12 pm

I'm experimenting with two different leave-ins right now: HS 14-in-1 and Cantu...this week is Cantu week and next week I'll be trying a different method with HS. I found that the HS worked better for me as a wash-n-go leave-in than a leave-in to set my hair with. It did nothing for a bantu knot out or 2-strand twist out for me. I will say that it worked wonders detangling and defining curls. Just sharing my experience with it thus far.
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 22nd June 2010, 12:04 pm

I did a coil out with the 14-n-1 as my leave in and some eco styler olive oil gel for a little bit of hold, and I think it came out great....I didn't get a picture of the coils when I took them out but I wore the coils for 2 days before pulling them out. But I got a lot of compliments and I think they were great! I love HS 14-n-1!
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 22nd June 2010, 4:46 pm

Okay ladies, you all have convinced me. I want to go and get this too. One, question though, how does it work on transitioners. I still have a lot of perm left, but alot of new growth as well. My main concern is keeping my new growth mositurized and not look so busy when I do my braid and twist outs. I just did my first braid out 2 days ago and will co-wash tonight and do again. If I use the 14-n-1, can I still use a little of the Eco styler gel with olive oil to help hold?
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 22nd June 2010, 4:52 pm

@ Naturalin2010: I used the eco over my coils, and it was a perfect match! Check out my coils in my avatar....this was the morning after! I aslo like the 14-n-1 for a moisturizer at night, it works well with my coconut oil for my daily moisture/seal combination...not just good for curl definition! HTH!
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 22nd June 2010, 5:03 pm

@kurlegurl, I absolutely love, love your coils!! Are you completely natural or in transition? Can I find the coconut oil at Sally's. I'm having a problem with moisture. I want my twist out/braid outs to shine? I usually co-wash with the VO5 Strawberries n Cream, deep condition with the Cholrestoral with Shea (just because I need to use it up), then detangle with Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave in. I'll then use the Cantu cream leave in to twist with a little eco styler gel. Finally a little kiwi oil on the ends to seal. Where in that regime, would I use the Hawaiin silk. I know it seems like alot of stuff on my hair, but my hair actually likes it Smile
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 22nd June 2010, 5:18 pm

THANK YOU! I'm 100% natural, I BC'd June 2nd, and again on the 11th. I got my coconut oil in NYC, but Walmart and Vitamin SHoppe have great 100% coconut oil, I'm not sure about Sally's, it wouldn't hurt to try though! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I guess in this regiment where you use the Cantu creme the Hawaiian Silky would replace that. My hair HATES the Cantu line, lol, but the HS worked well on my coils with the gel, it was super soft and i didn't have to put anything on it for 2 days! And even when the 2 days were up, it was still soft, felt wonderful and I only used a little more HS to pull my coils out, I loved it! I would do it again this week, but it took me 3 hours to coil my hair and I think my arms are enjoying the break! LoL....It's not a lot if your hair is enjoying it! LoL! HTH [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 29th June 2010, 12:02 pm

Is the 14-n-1 good for wash-n-go 2nd day hair?

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 29th June 2010, 4:29 pm

I might have to give this is a try. It's not a big investment so..why not!
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 17th August 2010, 7:52 am

I used this as a leave-in and to help detangle my hair last night and it really helps.

Last edited by krazy coils on 17th August 2010, 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Meniko 18th August 2010, 12:39 am

I have a full bottle of the Hawaiian Silk 14 n 1 (used once) and large jar of Eco Styler gel with olive oil (used maybe couple of times) that I am willing to swap for either Giovanni Direct or KCKT
Meniko
Meniko

Back to top Go down

Post by nbella 21st August 2010, 12:54 pm

Hey ladies! I love this leave-in. Now I like to mix things together so here is my mixture:

HS 14 n 1
SheaMoisture Leave-in
SheaMoisture oil
Infusion 23 protien
Jane Carter leave-in
My own oil mixture (herb infused)

OH MY!! My hair is sooo soft. I use it under Eco Styler. On two strand twist. and as an daily leave-in. My hair is growing so much and very soft.

Try mixing your favorite leave-in and see what it does to your hair.
nbella
nbella

Back to top Go down

Post by devastatingdiva 26th August 2010, 12:54 pm

Ok I tried this product after reading everyone else's rave reviews about it and went out and bought some. Unfortunately, I didn't get the results I was hoping for. I tried it twice. The first time I tried it on wet hair with a little coconut oil and leave-in condish. It did absolutely nothing to get my curls poppin' like I hoped it would. The second time I tried it on dry hair. As far as enhancing my curls, it did nothing but my hair did feel soft and less frizzy. So I guess as far as making my curls pop, no good but I am interested in other ways to use this product since I just bought it and I really hate to get rid of it already without trying it one last time. Any suggestions????
devastatingdiva
devastatingdiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 26th August 2010, 1:56 pm

I'm thinking about using it when I do two strand twist on dry hair.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by NappilyBeautiful 27th August 2010, 7:13 pm

I can totally relate to Devasting Diva. I bought this a month ago after reading everyones review and I did not get a lot of curl definition ( and my hair is pretty curly. Normally, just using KCKT or Giovanni Direct Leave In and I get soft curls). It's been sitting in my cupboard for weeks!
NappilyBeautiful
NappilyBeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2