CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist out help

2 posters

Go down

Twist out help Empty Twist out help

Post by Delta87 27th May 2010, 2:17 pm

Hi Ladies,

I just BC'd 2 weeks ago. I am still learning what my hair likes. I have about 3 inches of hair when stretched. I have tried a twist out twice on wet hair. When I wake up my twists are super dry with no definition. The first time I co washed with Hello Hydration Totally Twisted and Conditioned with Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner which makes my hair really soft and curly, I used Oyin Shine & Define, Whipped Pudding and Castor oil on my twist, they felt sof and moisturized until the am Sad.
The 2nd time I used AOHSR to deep condition, Oyin Honey Hemp as a leave in and just twisted, again very dry and undefined when I woke up. I have Kinky Curly Knot Today and Curling Custard which gives me a cute curly afro but I have to re moisturize with water several times a day. any suggestions on product for a twist out?
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Twist out help Empty Re: Twist out help

Post by Lynnieluve 27th May 2010, 2:42 pm

When my hair was your length, I was never able to get definition overnight. I had to wear the twist for a few days.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 27th May 2010, 2:46 pm

That sucks Sad. Thanks, I had a feeling my hair was a little too short. I really like twist outs but I have to admit the wash n go is easy Smile
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th May 2010, 2:55 pm

You dont like the actually twist? I think after your resolve your dryness issue, you should try it again.

I think you would benefit from the baggy method. Moisturize at night before bed, put on a plastic cap and your scarf (it will cut down on the crunchy sound). In the morning, you style your hair as usual or cowash and style.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 27th May 2010, 3:03 pm

I tried the baggy method the other night with AOHR mixed with Castor Oil and it did nothing. I don't think the AOHR mosturizes my hair, I have used it twice and my hair does not even feel soft when it is on my hair. I am going to return it this weekend and try something else. I have to go to Target this weeked so I was going to try the Shea Moisture Masque you recommended Smile. My hair looks dryer than it feels. I have been moisturizing several times a day with water mixed with Knot Today. I really don't like twist on short hair. Plus I don't have the patience to do them neatly Smile. I promise I will get my new pics this weekend, My hair looks very different from my picture. I plan to play around with my hair this weekend.
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th May 2010, 3:09 pm

AOHR didnt work for my hair either. You know what worked for me and I was shocked, I used VO5 moisture milks and EVOO. I used it to pre poo overnight and when I woke up the next morning I had soft moisturized hair.

Since you already have Honey Hemp Conditioner, maybe you can try baggying with it and some type of oil.

As for you daily homemade spritz, try adding a little oil to it. When I first started out, I use to put conditioner, water and EVOO in my spritz. It worked pretty good.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 27th May 2010, 3:21 pm

Hmmmmmmmmm. V05 I will pick some up when I go grocery shopping this weekend. I need inexpensive products to try. Thanks
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th May 2010, 3:26 pm

VO5 moisture milks was my first love [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. Now that Roxie has gotten longer, she just [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] at VO5 products. I would have to use almost half a bottle to get the slip I desired when I cowashed. I know VO5 is cheap but if I can only get 2 uses per bottle, that was gonna add up especially now that it is summertime.

I would recommend the Strawberries and Cream.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down