CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jill Scott and Maxwell Tour

+7
DvaAuNaturel
HAMPTONSFNST
naturalagain2
Neems
iamglennie
ChrsLvsBks
MsKendrala
11 posters

Go down

Jill Scott and Maxwell Tour Empty Jill Scott and Maxwell Tour

Post by MsKendrala 23rd May 2010, 4:54 pm

OMG if they come to your city u have to see them! They are amazing! Jill sang her ass off! (I wanna be like her when i get big lol! afro ) And Maxwell...that man, that man...that man is so fine! drunken I love you Whew! If u get the chance to see them live u should u wont regret it at all!
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

http://twitter.com/MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Jill Scott and Maxwell Tour Empty Re: Jill Scott and Maxwell Tour

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd May 2010, 5:58 pm

Thanks for the review. I am going to see them June 18. Love them both!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iamglennie 23rd May 2010, 7:20 pm

oooh yes I have seen Jill Scott perform when she was back at home in Philly...The show was A-MA-ZING!! ...*off to see when the tour roll threw here*
iamglennie
iamglennie

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKendrala 23rd May 2010, 7:30 pm

I was in Music HEAVEN last night! Nobody wanted to go with me so i had to go alone but i'd do it all over again! It was so worth it!
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by iamglennie 23rd May 2010, 9:15 pm

Damn!! go figure...They will be in Philly when I will be in NYC seeing NKOTB! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iamglennie
iamglennie

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKendrala 23rd May 2010, 9:46 pm

@iamglennie Well Jill is suppose to be putting out a new album this summer so u know there will be a tour to follow that....IDK what to tell u about Maxwell. . . :/
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 23rd May 2010, 11:20 pm

Omg I'm trying to convince my friends go with me when she's in NYC but everyone is crying broke Sad
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKendrala 24th May 2010, 12:16 am

@Neems. . .thats EXACTLY why i went alone....it was so worth it...i didnt have anybody to act a fool with but i enjoyed the music!
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalagain2 24th May 2010, 12:21 pm

I can't wait to go in June!!

naturalagain2

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 28th May 2010, 12:25 pm

I love them both. Maxwell and Trey Songz are the only male artists that make me scream [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and I absolutely love Jill Scott. Whenever I see my cousin he is always referencing my new look to Jill Scott. I will definitely look into this!
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th May 2010, 10:13 pm

I've seen both of them perform before. Jill Scott's show is top notch. She's awesome. I'm disappointed that I won't get to see them this go round. Didn't get tickets and a friend who works with the promotion company is being shady. Maybe next time.

Glad you ladies enjoyed!

Chrs....can't wait to hear (read) about it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 2nd June 2010, 11:16 am

Ladies a friend is looking into purchasing tickets for the Maxwell Erykah Badu show coming to NYC near the end of the month. I'm not sure which show to see, Jill Scott or Ms. Badu? I guess I can't go wrong with either show. Has anyone seen Erykah's new video?
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by MissNaturalBeautii 6th June 2010, 4:18 pm

I wish i could go see this, but at least i will get to see Jill Scott during Essence Fest!! Can't wait
MissNaturalBeautii
MissNaturalBeautii

Back to top Go down

Post by hopeforyourbody 7th June 2010, 4:44 am

I see them Wednesday! A friend and I caught Maxwell with Chrisette Michelle and Common last year. FAN-TAS-TIC. Salivating at the knowledge that I'll be seeing that fine man again in just a few days!
hopeforyourbody
hopeforyourbody

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th June 2010, 1:06 pm

hopeforyourbody wrote:I see them Wednesday! A friend and I caught Maxwell with Chrisette Michelle and Common last year. FAN-TAS-TIC. Salivating at the knowledge that I'll be seeing that fine man again in just a few days!
I've been salivating also. When his songs come on the radio, I stop talking, turn up the volume and see him, LOL. I saw the show with him, Chrisette and Common. Cannot wait to see what he has in store for us this go 'round. The concert here is June 18, 11 days and counting [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by hopeforyourbody 10th June 2010, 2:52 am

Okay... just left Maxwell about 1-1/2 hours ago. My one complaint - I didn't get enough of him! Both did a 75 minute show - it was my first time seeing Jill Scott in concert. She was fantastic - off the chain! I would see her again tomorrow!

What can I say about Maxwell - the only man I want to marry. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] FINE doesn't encompass how PERFECT this man is onstage but FINE is a good place to begin. From the moment he walked onstage, I was in Maxwell heaven. He teased me with my song "Love you" (he's been teasing me for years). He borrowed from the Isleys to tell me "Don't say goodnight". I didn't want to! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I didn't tear up this time when he sang "Fortunate" - I did last year. Pathetic! Did I mention how FINE the man is?

His encore was "Pretty Wings" but it ended MUCH TOO SOON! I wish I were attending his Atlanta show in two days. OMG!

This may be TMI & it's completely out of my character - but I would seriously consider a one night stand man with that man, as long as it lasted a weekend. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
hopeforyourbody
hopeforyourbody

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th June 2010, 9:39 am

hopeforyourbody wrote:Okay... just left Maxwell about 1-1/2 hours ago. My one complaint - I didn't get enough of him! Both did a 75 minute show - it was my first time seeing Jill Scott in concert. She was fantastic - off the chain! I would see her again tomorrow!

What can I say about Maxwell - the only man I want to marry. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] FINE doesn't encompass how PERFECT this man is onstage but FINE is a good place to begin. From the moment he walked onstage, I was in Maxwell heaven. He teased me with my song "Love you" (he's been teasing me for years). He borrowed from the Isleys to tell me "Don't say goodnight". I didn't want to! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I didn't tear up this time when he sang "Fortunate" - I did last year. Pathetic! Did I mention how FINE the man is?

His encore was "Pretty Wings" but it ended MUCH TOO SOON! I wish I were attending his Atlanta show in two days. OMG!

This may be TMI & it's completely out of my character - but I would seriously consider a one night stand man with that man, as long as it lasted a weekend. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My husband tells me often that if Maxwell (or Morris Chestnut) were to come to our home and offered to be with me for one night, I would jump at the opportunity. I so understand what you mean. He's just so put together IMO.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 16th June 2010, 3:02 am

I saw Maxwell when he came to Houston in October of 2009...when he was touring with Chrisette Michelle & Common. I enjoyed his show! He definitely keeps your attention the whole time! The Jill Scott-Maxwell tour was in Houston earlier last week, but I didn't go...mainly because I'd already seen him, and plus I was going to the Erykah Badu-Janelle Monae concert that Sunday, which by the way was "the bomb diggity", so I didn't bother to get tickets this go round! But Maxwell is definitely a charmer and knows how to get the crowd going!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by hopeforyourbody 16th June 2010, 4:33 am

natural83 wrote:I saw Maxwell when he came to Houston in October of 2009...when he was touring with Chrisette Michelle & Common. I enjoyed his show! He definitely keeps your attention the whole time! The Jill Scott-Maxwell tour was in Houston earlier last week, but I didn't go...mainly because I'd already seen him, and plus I was going to the Erykah Badu-Janelle Monae concert that Sunday, which by the way was "the bomb diggity", so I didn't bother to get tickets this go round! But Maxwell is definitely a charmer and knows how to get the crowd going!

I didn't know Erykah Badu was in town! DAMN! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
hopeforyourbody
hopeforyourbody

Back to top Go down

Post by infinitecrimson4 17th June 2010, 5:46 pm

Sooo glad my stop didn't get cancelled! 2 more days dance
infinitecrimson4
infinitecrimson4

Back to top Go down

Post by infinitecrimson4 19th June 2010, 2:02 am

Sooo I heard Michelle Obama was at the DC show....Someone give us the scoop!
infinitecrimson4
infinitecrimson4

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st June 2010, 10:26 am

infinitecrimson4 wrote:Sooo I heard Michelle Obama was at the DC show....Someone give us the scoop!
I did not hear about it. I was at the show in floor seats. Patti LaBelle and Raheem DeVaughn were there. My husband saw pictures of Patti on the camera from one of the concert goers in front of me. I passed by Raheem on my way to my seat.

The show was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! I had not seen Jill for a few years. She is such a talented lady! Maxwell is well, Maxwell [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down