CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream.

+10
Rhythm&Drama
C.
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
EmbracingNaturalMe
Ebbz
LaToya28
VonAngel
missmoriah
naturally curly
14 posters

Go down

Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream. Empty Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream.

Post by naturally curly 23rd May 2010, 2:59 pm

Hello to all. I just brought cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream, a few days ago from walmart. Has anyone else used this product? If so please let me know if you liked it. Thanx.
naturally curly
naturally curly

Back to top Go down

Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream. Empty Re: Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream.

Post by missmoriah 23rd May 2010, 3:02 pm

Hey girl! I did buy and use it and I loved it. At first It was leaving white flakes in my hair if i used any product with it but honestly it didn't need anything underneath. I began co washing then rinsing out the conditioner and just applying that by itself. It was super moisturizing and light. As a matter of fact i bought some more today.
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream. Empty Re: Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream.

Post by VonAngel 23rd May 2010, 11:12 pm

It's one of my staple products. I haven't found any [reasonably priced] product yet that provides such lasting moisture for my hair. Like Moriah mentioned, it's light (a little goes a long way) and can be applied by itself. I also apply it to my ends whenever I wear cornrows.
VonAngel
VonAngel

http://angeliquethenovelist.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 24th May 2010, 3:31 pm

I like this leave-in as well. It keeps the hair soft and moisturized. Hubby and I went out of town for the weekend and all I took was the Cantu leave-in and some oil. I really didn't need the oil at all.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 27th May 2010, 11:34 pm

Does anyone know how well the Cantu works on relaxed hair? I wanted to try it as a leave in but I have more relaxed hair than I do natural.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 28th May 2010, 11:10 am

Ebbz, I used it while I was transitioning. It worked great on my natural air and relaxed hair.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th May 2010, 2:16 pm

If you use something under it, please do a test first by apply a little of the products in your hand and emulsify. Many have mentioned getting white balls with it and other products.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th May 2010, 5:57 pm

You know I am going to have to revisit this I have a jar that is 90% and I never use it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 28th May 2010, 6:52 pm

i love cantu leave-in. it makes your hair super soft and like others have mentioned a little does go a long way. you cant, however, mix it with any gels while it is still "wet" in your hair; once your hair has absorbed it and it is dry (not from lack of moisture, just not wet) you should be able to put a gel on top w/o any white balls/residue.

lastly, make sure you keep your lid on, i used to leave it open while styling and such and after a while it got really thick and clumpy.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhythm&Drama 13th July 2010, 6:13 pm

I love it! It is one of the few products I have experimented with and used the entire jar. Just bought some more and plan on it becoming a staple of my regimen. I also like the Cantu Shea Butter and Olive Oil. I use both of them when I wash n go. I also put it on as a leave in before twist outs. Actually it is my leave in of choice for almost any style.
Rhythm&Drama
Rhythm&Drama

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 13th July 2010, 7:47 pm

I just purchased it a few weeks ago and used it to do my current twist n curl style and like the other ladies stated a little goes a long way and i got not clumps because i only used it (maybe some coconut oil was underneathe on my hair before i began twisting. But i retained misture for a long time and my hair is very soft.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream. Empty cantu

Post by thetiffany 13th July 2010, 8:44 pm

Love it! This was my favorite product when I was transitioning. Literally transformed my relaxed damage ends to healthy hair. I use it now and still love it! I use it as a leave in and use everyday. I coat my ends with it while in twist because I still have some heat manager
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzynatural 13th July 2010, 11:49 pm

I am new to being natural(bc-feb 22,2010) and I think I am using this product wrong. My hair usually ends up being dry and kinda crunchy after using it. I wash and dc with giovanni products then add the cantu. Then i procede with a spritz of water, avj, glycerine, jojoba, and evoo and seal with shea butter and co. Still I suffer from dryness. I am beginning to think that I might be protein and oil sensitive. Does anyone have any suggestions?
jazzynatural
jazzynatural

Back to top Go down

Post by MamboMamita 15th August 2010, 4:02 am

It makes my hair VERY hard! it did back when I was relaxed and it does as a natural! it makes it crunch and dryish. it smells good though.
MamboMamita
MamboMamita

https://facebook.com/mambomami

Back to top Go down

Post by MamboMamita 15th August 2010, 4:03 am

I haven't used it since I realized what it did, and I don't have the ingredients in front of me--- but it MUST have protein in it, as anything with protein makes my hair crunchy and straw like
MamboMamita
MamboMamita

https://facebook.com/mambomami

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 15th August 2010, 2:40 pm

@mamboMamita- It does have protein in it. I dont have the ingredients in front of me, but i believe it's hydrolyzed wheat protein or something like that..

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down