CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know this should go on the Products board, but....

+10
Keisha
TMS
DreamMerchant
snappynappy
Delta87
WalkingInDestiny
Curly_Aquarius
dajewel
LaToya28
Karyn
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I know this should go on the Products board, but.... Empty I know this should go on the Products board, but....

Post by Karyn 19th May 2010, 5:24 pm

Has anyone tried Skala Hair Products?

Everyone on LHCF keeps posting about how yummy and soft it makes their hair feel and it's only one dollar per product! They have a Shampoo, a Conditioner, a Leave-In, as well as a DC that serve for different purposes. Like, there's a strengthening one, one for dull/dry hair, one for frizz, one for shine, etc. Most people are getting it from Big Lots (I had never heard of it until they posted), so if you have one near you it's worth a try (also, send me some lol)

Link to the thread
Like to the Skala Beauty Site

I'm dying to try it, but it's so much more expensive online [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

I know this should go on the Products board, but.... Empty Re: I know this should go on the Products board, but....

Post by LaToya28 19th May 2010, 6:14 pm

I've been seeing so many posts about this on lhcf! I don't even have a BL in my area.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

I know this should go on the Products board, but.... Empty Re: I know this should go on the Products board, but....

Post by Karyn 19th May 2010, 6:21 pm

LaToya28 wrote:I've been seeing so many posts about this on lhcf! I don't even have a BL in my area.

Me either [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I google mapped some near me, but the two BL's supposedly in NYC led me to abandoned buildings [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 19th May 2010, 6:46 pm

ok, i will check out the bl down the street from me
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 19th May 2010, 7:05 pm

I have tooo many where I'm at!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 19th May 2010, 7:08 pm

Let me know if you ladies try it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm super mad we have none here especially since the products are only 1$ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 20th May 2010, 12:09 am

Okay ladies, so I read this thread at work and on the way home I stopped at BL, for a $1 I just couldn't resist. I'm so impressed with the results, defined curls and super soft hair....Tomorrow I am going back to buy what's left. One thing about BL, for some items if you don't purchase while it's in stock you may never see it again. However, with this product working so well, i hope this time is different. I tried the avacado conditioner, which states it for dry, coarse hair. The store was very limited on the line of products. I also checked the site, they carry shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, and curly styler. I would really like to try the mask and the curly styler....Again, so impressed, thanks for the info, yes it's true....Oh, I checked the site out, looks like nothing is priced over $5.99, you can't beat that, I have spent 3times that much trying other products and they are currently collecting dust... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Skala avacado cond THREE THUMBS UP [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 20th May 2010, 12:32 am

Wahhhhh [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But yes you can beat it! For a dollar! Lol. Dang. You would think of all the freaking places that there would a BL in NYC! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm so glad it worked for you though [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 20th May 2010, 10:50 am

I am going today. Smile
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 20th May 2010, 11:08 am

i didn't make it last night, but i will def be able to run by today. now that i think about it, i remember seeing PLENTY over the weekend, but i just never stopped to check ingredients, etc. can someone kindly post ingredients? thanks!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 20th May 2010, 5:59 pm

Skala is soooooooo good! Y'all dont even know. Shocked
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 20th May 2010, 6:06 pm

Big Lots, here I come!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 20th May 2010, 6:17 pm

The only problem is that the BL here in OKC, doesn't carry all the products, I have checked all our local locations...I guess in order to try the hair mask and styling cream, I will have to order online... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 20th May 2010, 7:28 pm

Here are the stores posted on the Skala site:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 20th May 2010, 7:33 pm

even for a dollar... i'll resist in the name of my anti pj'ism
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 20th May 2010, 8:03 pm

I've never seen it at Pathmark OR Duane Reade, that's why I'm mad lol. This wouldn't be an issue otherwise!

dajewel, I think it may have mineral oil or petroleum in it, however, if it works, I don't think it'll be TOO bad. People are making it sound like gold. Therefore, I need it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] No idea on any other ingredients though
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 20th May 2010, 8:39 pm

karyn i dont know if you come out to long island but there is a big lots in carle place LI, NY
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylkifine 21st May 2010, 12:12 am

Does anyone know whether the shampoo contains sulfates?

Sylkifine

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 21st May 2010, 12:18 pm

INTERESTING... I'm going home this weekend and we have a Big Lots, I'll definitely shoot over there to see what they have and report back if I find it...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Armywife 21st May 2010, 5:27 pm

I went to a Big Lots today and they didn't have it. I am going to try another tomorrow. I can't find any of those stores in the Atlanta area that is on their website.
Armywife
Armywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 21st May 2010, 6:03 pm

Karyn wrote:I've never seen it at Pathmark OR Duane Reade, that's why I'm mad lol. This wouldn't be an issue otherwise!

dajewel, I think it may have mineral oil or petroleum in it, however, if it works, I don't think it'll be TOO bad. People are making it sound like gold. Therefore, I need it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] No idea on any other ingredients though
Karyn it does have Petrolatum in it, I don't understand what is so bad about the ingredient someone please explain???!! **confused** Here are the other ingredients: Avocado Condish-Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, PETROLATUM, Glutaral, Parfum, Citric Acid, Persea Gratissisima (Avocado Fruit Extract)FD&C Blue #1, (CI 42090) Yellow #5 (CI 19140)

The Shea Butter Condish(Which was 1.50 not 1.00 WTH??)-Deionized Water,Cetrimonium Chloride,Cetearyl alcohol,PETROLATUM, Citric Acid, Glutaral, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) Fragrance. (CI 19140,CI 16185, CI 15510, CI 20470)

I dunno I am onna fence about using it, I need some other curlies facts or opinions about Petrolatum... confused

Last edited by Curly_Aquarius on 21st May 2010, 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more info)
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 21st May 2010, 9:54 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:
Karyn wrote:I've never seen it at Pathmark OR Duane Reade, that's why I'm mad lol. This wouldn't be an issue otherwise!

Karyn it does have Petrolatum in it, I don't understand what is so bad about the ingredient someone please explain???!! **confused** Here are the other ingredients: Avocado Condish-Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, PETROLATUM, Glutaral, Parfum, Citric Acid, Persea Gratissisima (Avocado Fruit Extract)FD&C Blue #1, (CI 42090) Yellow #5 (CI 19140)

The Shea Butter Condish(Which was 1.50 not 1.00 WTH??)-Deionized Water,Cetrimonium Chloride,Cetearyl alcohol,PETROLATUM, Citric Acid, Glutaral, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) Fragrance. (CI 19140,CI 16185, CI 15510, CI 20470)

I dunno I am onna fence about using it, I need some other curlies facts or opinions about Petrolatum... confused

My hair does not have a problem with petroleum/petroletum in conditioner as long it is like the 4th or lower ingredient.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 21st May 2010, 10:08 pm

$12.35 cents later!!!!!!!!!!

Big Lots had alot of that product. I racked up. For only $1 I could not resist. I was looking for a good cheap condish to mix in with my henna treatments.

Here is what I came out:

3 - Shea Butter Intense Moisture Condish "for parched or brittle hair"
1 - Ceramides G3 Condish "for damaged hair"
3 - Aloe Vera Condish " for moisture and nourishment"
2 - Aloe Vera Anti Frizz hair masks
2- Fruit Cocktail silkiness and shine hair masks

Now excuse me while I go hide these somewhere away from my DH! My secret hiding place is in a shoebox in my closet. Yes that is very sad that I hide hair products but I have a cabinet full and he does not understand!!!!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 21st May 2010, 11:09 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:

It like blocks moisture from getting onto the hair cuticle or something lol. I'd still give it a try, since it has been working REALLY well for permies and curlies alike. Did you purchase it already?

&LMAO DreamMerchant, I'll probably have a secret shoe box when I'm older too (or at least when I get a job hahaha)
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 21st May 2010, 11:38 pm

I got both the bottles mentioned!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next