CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild Growth Oil got me kicked out of bed

+6
Delta87
shoco324
pdarden
coilykinks
Lynnieluve
DreamMerchant
10 posters

Go down

Wild Growth Oil got me kicked out of bed Empty Wild Growth Oil got me kicked out of bed

Post by DreamMerchant 19th May 2010, 12:00 am

Ok, so smells do not bother me. I can tolerate most things (except public toilets). But when I cracked open that bottle of Wild Growth oil my eyes teared up. I decided to put some in my hair anyway, knowing that DH has a very sensitive snot locker aka, nose. I just put a couple of drops in and crawled into bed. 15 seconds later I hear "Oh my gosh, what died!" I knew what it was. It was not fair for him to have to sleep in the living room so I was nice enough to come in here. This is my husbands description of its smell: "It smells like someone took a bowl and mixed in some soy sauce, Ben Gay, Cod liver oil, Wichtershire sauce, Old Spice, sardines, old motor oil and a 30 year old, sweaty gym sock. Wow [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hmmm, poor husband. He was happy when my favorite Asian store stopped selling Amla oil. He said it smelled like an old urinal at a nursing home. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If I am suppose to put this in 3 times a week then I may never see my Dh again! I have a whole bottle. I can't let it go to waste.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Wild Growth Oil got me kicked out of bed Empty Re: Wild Growth Oil got me kicked out of bed

Post by Lynnieluve 19th May 2010, 12:11 am

LOL!!! Sorry...that's funny. I wonder if you could add some essentials oils to it to help with the smell....like lemongrass.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Wild Growth Oil got me kicked out of bed Empty Re: Wild Growth Oil got me kicked out of bed

Post by coilykinks 19th May 2010, 12:30 am

I know right! That smell is so strong. I try to use just a few drops in the needed area at night, maybe you could use it in the morning?
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by pdarden 19th May 2010, 12:34 am

that is some smelly stuff! i bought some last week and used it once... put some in my hair and went to bed... after an hour, i got up, shower and washed my hair... couldn't take the smell...

as an alternative, i've added a few drops to my oil mixture, leave-in conditioner and my spritzer.... can't smell it because of the other ingredients... i refuse to waste the bottle...
pdarden
pdarden

Back to top Go down

Post by shoco324 19th May 2010, 12:46 am

lmao!!!! i'm @ work cracking up...co-workers looking at me like i'm crazy...i was thinking of getting this but i don't know...cuz i get queasy easily...hmmm
shoco324
shoco324

Back to top Go down

Post by pdarden 19th May 2010, 9:33 am

i think it's the alma in the wild growth that causes the smell... i have some alma that i also bought and the smell is very similar....
pdarden
pdarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 20th May 2010, 11:13 am

Try the Light Wild Growth Oil...the smell is better.
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 20th May 2010, 11:25 am

that stuff does stink...

pdarden wrote:i think it's the alma in the wild growth that causes the smell... i have some alma that i also bought and the smell is very similar....

really i had no idea it had amla in it
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 20th May 2010, 6:01 pm

I do not think the bottle lists all the ingredients. This is from the website.
......Wild Growth®️ Hair Oil is made of plant derived oils, vitamins and minerals.
It contains specially selected and processed natural ingredients from:
OLIVE OIL: tripalmitin, oleic acids, triolein, arachidic esters, flavonoids, squalene, terpenoids, hydroxytyrosol, tyrosol, oleuropein, the aglycone of ligostride, (+)-1-acetoxypinoresinol, pinoresinol, alpha-tocopherol, vanillic and caffeic acid, oleocanthal (the dialdehydic form of (-)deacetoxy-ligostride aglycone), chlorophyll, pheophytin and carotenoids.
COCONUT OIL: lauric acid, monolaurin , capric acid and monocaprin.
JOJOBA OIL: long-chained monohydroxyl alcohols, pro vitamin A and E.
VEGETAL SOURCES: vitamin D (ergocalciferol), choline, inostol, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, and calcium.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by pdarden 20th May 2010, 6:45 pm

i don't think so either because i know that i smell alma...
pdarden
pdarden

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 21st May 2010, 12:26 am

That is soo funny. I think it smells like old bacon grease and pine tar (some kind of think hair grease thought to make hair grow). I still love it, however. I find that if you use it sparingly on your scalp and and a more pleasant smelling oil on the ends, the smell is not so overwhelming. The light version is a good alternative for the smell, but it does not soften like the thicker formula. Also the light version will solidify on you in the winter months.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by cinephan 8th June 2010, 2:43 pm

From my experience, if you leave it in overnight, the smell is gone by morning. I just got it about a week and a half/two weeks ago, so hopefully I'll start seeing some results soon.
cinephan
cinephan

http://public.fotki.com/cinephan612/

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 8th June 2010, 3:50 pm

cinephan wrote:From my experience, if you leave it in overnight, the smell is gone by morning. I just got it about a week and a half/two weeks ago, so hopefully I'll start seeing some results soon.

I have still been using it. I told DH I threw it away but I just put it in a different bottle. It does fade in about an hour when you are outside. Either it has faded or I have gotten use to the smell but DH has not said anything.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 10th June 2010, 5:45 pm

I revisited WGO today in an effort to use up some of my product stash before I buy more. I totally forgot how bad it smells. I think over time you just got used to it DreamMerchant, but if you take a break & come back the smell will catch you off guard. I still like the way it makes my hair & scalp feel though. I'm gonna try to use this bottle up quickly!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 11th June 2010, 1:32 am

I rub it in with some peppermint oil and it doesn't smell as bad. Smile
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down