CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild Growth Hair Oil On 6 Year Old

3 posters

Go down

Wild Growth Hair Oil On 6 Year Old Empty Wild Growth Hair Oil On 6 Year Old

Post by Niqui36 30th March 2010, 8:07 pm

After reading and hearing so many good things about the wild growth hair oil, I finally decided to give it a try. I used it on my daughter's scalp and hair about 3 times in 1 week. I didn't even use as much as the instructions say to use, however from the very 1st time I used it my daughter was complaining that her head was itching. I LOVED the results of the oil, so I was really hoping that it wasn't the oil causing it. But the 2nd time I used it on her hair, I noticed her scalp was flaking. I thought maybe the oil had absorbed and her scalp was just dry (even though I had never seen flakes like that on her scalp). So, I even gave it a 3rd try. She kept complaining of itching so I just washed her hair. While washing her hair, I noticed a white buildup or residue that would not come out with my sulfate free shampoos. I tried Dr. Bronner's, Giovanni and my afroveda shampoo bar. NOTHING! I had to find a sulfate shampoo to wash it out! Now, my daughter also had a rash on her face (looked similar to a heat rash) and the day after I washed her hair, I noticed her face cleared up. So it seems as though the oil was responsible for that too. Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar reaction to this oil? And what is in it that could have caused this reaction? I've used the oil and it works fine in my hair, but I'm just curious. Thanks!
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Wild Growth Hair Oil On 6 Year Old Empty Re: Wild Growth Hair Oil On 6 Year Old

Post by Erica5417 30th March 2010, 8:32 pm

Could be an allergic reaction in which case, by repeatedly exposing her you can make future reactions a lot worse. The rash definitely points to her being allergic to something in the oil. I'm no expert but I am allergic to almost everything on the planet.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 30th March 2010, 9:31 pm

I agree, try not using it for a while and see if the itching stops. If it does, strike that one off the list. There are plenty of great products and natural oils out there.

You may want to stop using it yourself as well. I say that because kids sometimes tell us things that as adults, we ignore. Maybe you both can try something new together?

You look fabulous! Best of luck for your daughter!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 30th March 2010, 10:20 pm

Thanks swoodward and Erica5417. I haven't used it on her since I washed it out. She hasn't had any problems since I stopped putting it on her hair either. So I know its something in the oil. I've just been sticking to the afroveda products and oils like EVOO and coconut oil.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down