CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

+60
kinksncurls
cyclingchick
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
nattyblog
SpringCurls
WhosThatRedHead
iri9109
coilykinks
MellowOne
MahoganyCurls
TriniCherryPrincess
QuietButterfly
curlsunfurled
naturalmommyGA
Karyn
xtremelyperfect
Keisha
mstokes2008
curly-me-naturally
TMS
swoodward
BrownSkinDiva
priceless
LaToya28
Muz
missmoriah
ChrsLvsBks
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
CocoEuro
Pinkrage
LadyMika
Neems
Nikcoils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
soleil
MsJay1121
jlowman1
TerraD
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
.:Eden:.
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
bholmes87
Curly_Aquarius
CocaColaCutie
AfrikanLatina
64 posters

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Empty Re: bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

Post by TheRYL1 27th July 2010, 3:58 pm

Hey Bholmes!

How goes it? I love your styles! I like a braid out on twists...gotta try that one soon!

And good luck on the J-O-B hunting! bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Icon_biggrin
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Empty Re: bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th July 2010, 4:48 pm

Hey B...

You really worked those mini twists. I was impressed, and really like the different styles you wore while twisted. Glad you are going to be posting more, because you've been missed!!

Good Luck on your job search!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th July 2010, 2:12 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi there!

I see you have been taking pictures for us. Thanks! I loved all the styles.

Hoping you the best on attaining a full-time gig!

PS: I think of you when I hear an advertisement for a KFC sandwich on Hawaiian bread bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Icon_wink .
Of course I've been taking pictures for you! I hadn't seen that commercial until you told me it makes me think of you!! I wonder how that sandwich tastes ... LOL

And THANK YOU Chrs!!!!!
TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Bholmes!

How goes it? I love your styles! I like a braid out on twists...gotta try that one soon!

And good luck on the J-O-B hunting! bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Icon_biggrin
Hey RYL! Thank you for wishing me luck!! And you should for sure try a braidout on twists!
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey B...

You really worked those mini twists. I was impressed, and really like the different styles you wore while twisted. Glad you are going to be posting more, because you've been missed!!

Good Luck on your job search!!

KNH
Hey KNH!

I had fun with the mini twists! I didn't wear them as long as I would have liked because they got super tangled and matted. So I only wore them for 2 weeks. But I had fun styling them!

I hate missing out on all the Curl Street action!!! That's why I need a job where I can be at a computer all day with you curlies! LOL (I'm only slightly joking Wink)

Thanks for stopping by! I love you
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th July 2010, 2:30 pm

Hello lovely people!!!

I wanted to drop by really quick and share some pictures with you! The last pics I showed you were of twists I believe. After having my hair twisted, the heat actually came back to San Diego! So I tried a few wash n goes. What I discovered was that WnG's are not the best style for me and Chlo!! My hair gets tangled and I can't wear the style 2 days in a row without completely drenching my hair again. But here are some pics of my WnGs:

I have no idea what products I used here but I know that I shingled products through my hair after washing them in twists
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00214
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00215
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00216

This is my hair styled after I got dressed (I love this shirt!)
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 July_t10

Then I tried a new way to WnG - without washing! I shingled EVOO and then Eco Style Olive Oil gel on DRY hair. Here are my results. I really like how it looked, but hated how crunchy it felt no matter what I put on top of it - more conditioner, oil, shea butter. So I learned my lesson. NO gel on dry hair!!
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00310
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00311
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00312

This is just a pic of my hair wet when I washed the gel out the next day
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00313

After trying WnG's for about a week, I decided I needed to get back to twisting on the regular! Plus I was going to be a camp counselor at the Pine Summit Christian Camp with my church for the next 4 days and 3 nights. What better style than twists when you're out in the wilderness? LOL so I'll share those pictures tomorrow and of course, the resulting twistout.

Much love afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by SpringCurls 29th July 2010, 6:57 pm

Your hair looks cute! I just went on a camping trip for a weekend and twisted my hair. It worked pretty well so I say twists are a good idea for camping!
SpringCurls
SpringCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 29th July 2010, 11:12 pm

Look at all that hair!!!! Gorgeous!!! (I have hair envy)
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 6th August 2010, 2:51 pm

SpringCurls wrote:Your hair looks cute! I just went on a camping trip for a weekend and twisted my hair. It worked pretty well so I say twists are a good idea for camping!
Thanks SC!! I agree completely, twists are a great style for camping because it's low maintenance and soooo easy when you're already worried about bugs and bathrooms and sleeping unprotected! LOL

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Look at all that hair!!!! Gorgeous!!! (I have hair envy)
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Icon_redface bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Icon_biggrin Aww thanks Red!!!! I'm envious of your color myself!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 6th August 2010, 3:34 pm

Hello family!!

I'm gonna try to do some MAJOR updates today! There's just so much to tell that I'm positive that I'll forget at least 3 things ... lol so here goes!!!

First thing is that I never told you guys about my new phone!

*drumroll please*

I GOT A BLACKBERRY!!!!! Or should I say CrackBerry Laughing It was a graduation gift from the parents and I I love you it (can you tell by the pics?! LOL) I also really love this shirt because I think anything backless is HOT like fiyuh!!!
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00314
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00315
So that happened way back when in June ... YIKES!!!! I've been terrible and updating you lovely ladies so I accept all the bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Icon_tongue and bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Icon_rolleyes and even the bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Suspect

So I told you guys that I was at camp a few weeks ago and I had my hair in chunky twists while I was there.
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Camp_t10

I did an updo because I wanted to keep my hands out of my hair as well as keep my ends protected from the elements, but it didn't stay that way for too long because my scalp started itching after 2 days.
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Twist_11

After this updo I just kept my hair in a 2 strand twist bun (except when I went swimming. I let the twists all hang out! lol) I didn't bring shampoo with me, just my spray bottle so my hair wasn't clarified after the chlorine. But the spray bottle helped sooooo much!

Here are some more pics from camp:
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Camp_s10

On the bus ride back to lovely San Diego, I took my twists out! Yay!! So this is my dirty twistout as Lynnie would say bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Icon_wink
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Dirty_10

That Saturday after we got back I was going to wash my hair but I was loving the twistout too much! So I put some big twists back in my hair overnight to preserve the style.

Then I realized that very seldom do I actually style my hair after setting it on (usually) twists - or braids or bantu knots, etc. So I tried a style that Nikki featured on the home page by msvaughn. I adore her!!!! It was flat twisted in the back and a twistout bang in the front. This was my fab style that I wore to church that Sunday. Definitely a new favorite!
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00316
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00317
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00318
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00319

So then the next day our church went to the taping for TBN in Costa Mesa so I did that style again because I loved it so much! This is me trying on this super cute on the way there
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00320

I wore this style in to Tuesday too ... lol
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Flyy10

Then later that week I finally washed my hair, but then I ended up going to the beach so I did a WnG puff
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Beach_10

I think you guys have had enough updates for today! Lol that's all my hair stuff through July. For August, Chlo "The Fro" will be twisted a majority of the time just like she is right now cheers

I'm gonna backtrack slightly to tell you this one thing: after camp I felt like my hair needed some TLC big time so I shampooed my hair and then used Nexxus Emergence treatment that I won from my first youtube contest. Yay!! Then I made a deep condition concoction and let that sit for about an hour or so under a plastic bag and satin bonnet. After I washed this out, I was sitting downstairs retwisting my hair with leave-in and shea butter. This is when my Mom says, "I'm glad you're natural because you actually take care of your hair. It's so healthy now! You never did anything to it when it was relaxed."

Now I know most of your mothers are just like mine so you can guess that I was in shock bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Icon_eek LOL but that felt so good to hear since she always thinks my hair is unkempt unless it's in twists (which she LOVES)

Anyhoo, much love to you all and I will add the twist pics from August shortly! afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th August 2010, 5:57 pm

Awesome update, you know I love your hair, that black n white set of pics is the truth! It reads like you are truly enjoying the summer, which is always a plus!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 6th August 2010, 5:58 pm

I have a "crackberry" And I LOVE IT!!! lol

Oh yeah and your hair looks nice too!! lol... No seriously. I like the updo you did.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 7th August 2010, 1:37 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Awesome update, you know I love your hair, that black n white set of pics is the truth! It reads like you are truly enjoying the summer, which is always a plus!
Thanks so much Sweet! I'm glad you dropped by!! And Happy Belated Birthday to you beautiful cheers

P.S. I'm definitely enjoying my summer bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Icon_sunny
WhosThatRedHead wrote:I have a "crackberry" And I LOVE IT!!! lol

Oh yeah and your hair looks nice too!! lol... No seriously. I like the updo you did.
Yeah I'm low key addicted to my crackberry! They're just so fun!!

LOL and thank you! That's one of my favorite updos to date Very Happy Yay!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th August 2010, 8:00 am

Hey B...

You never let me down. dance You wore some cute twists, twist-out, puff, and that updo style as you say was the truth!!! It looked like a french roll to me, and you wore it well!!

Glad you are enjoying your crackberry......that was my favorite phone but the android phones are just so...... undescribable!!! (not sure if I spelled that right)

Anywho...just stopping by to get my Chlo fix!!! Can't wait to see the pictures from August. Please don't make us wait until September...jk lol!

Really miss you, but handle your business. You will be among the working class before summer is over. Watch and see!!

KNH

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 7th August 2010, 1:22 pm

I love the styyles, they all look wonderful!!! And creative. I am very impressed!

I think I have learned a really good lesson from you B! I seem to have settled on twistouts and I put in rough retwists every night. I am wearing my hair out now, but my goal for the fall is to wear it in twists most of the time. My dream hair style is bunning the twists!!

Thanks for all the great style ideas!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th August 2010, 6:44 pm

I love all of the the styles but that black and white pic with green background.....FIERCE!!!!!!

GONE CHLO "THE FRO" BELLA!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 7th August 2010, 11:43 pm

Hey B!

Love all of your styles and those earrings in the pic with the crackberry! I can see from your pics that you're having fun. My mom loves my twists also which is weird because she's not a fan of natural hair but she really likes my hair when I wear twists.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 9th August 2010, 3:47 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey B...

You never let me down. dance You wore some cute twists, twist-out, puff, and that updo style as you say was the truth!!! It looked like a french roll to me, and you wore it well!!

Glad you are enjoying your crackberry......that was my favorite phone but the android phones are just so...... undescribable!!! (not sure if I spelled that right)

Anywho...just stopping by to get my Chlo fix!!! Can't wait to see the pictures from August. Please don't make us wait until September...jk lol!

Really miss you, but handle your business. You will be among the working class before summer is over. Watch and see!!

KNH

Hey KNH!! The updo did look like a french roll, even in person. I liked it too so thank you!

I keep hearing about these android phones and I might get sucked into them - but for now it's BB for life! LOL

lol! And I won't make you wait til September for updates!! Hahaha

swoodward wrote:I love the styyles, they all look wonderful!!! And creative. I am very impressed!

I think I have learned a really good lesson from you B! I seem to have settled on twistouts and I put in rough retwists every night. I am wearing my hair out now, but my goal for the fall is to wear it in twists most of the time. My dream hair style is bunning the twists!!

Thanks for all the great style ideas!!!

Very Happy Thank you swoodward!!!!! It's hard to keep my hair in twists over the summer cuz I love having my hair out. But I go swimming too much to have to detangle it upwards of 4 times a week ...

And I am with you on that dream! Bunning the twists is a goal for me too. We can sooo do it!!!!!

Lynnieluve wrote:I love all of the the styles but that black and white pic with green background.....FIERCE!!!!!!

GONE CHLO "THE FRO" BELLA!!!
Thanks so much Lynnie!!!! I love you
krazy coils wrote:Hey B!

Love all of your styles and those earrings in the pic with the crackberry! I can see from your pics that you're having fun. My mom loves my twists also which is weird because she's not a fan of natural hair but she really likes my hair when I wear twists.
Hey KC! I'm definitely having fun!! Gotta make sure I get it in before I start working and being too tired to do anything ... Lol and thank you!!!!

I feel you on mom though. Mine LOVES twists for some reason but doesn't really like anything big, which of course is my favorite adjective for hair afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 9th August 2010, 4:43 pm

Love the updates! Especially the mom comment those usually stop us dead in out tracks. cute! I still wouldn't call this summer with this 80 degree weather we are having in August I just know it's gonna be 100 degrees in october.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 10th August 2010, 4:25 am

I just love your hair, it always looks good, no matter what you do to it.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 10th August 2010, 12:47 pm

Great updates B! I missed clo "the fro" bella! oh and I'm addicted to my crackberry too!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th August 2010, 12:53 am

npmoore04 wrote:Love the updates! Especially the mom comment those usually stop us dead in out tracks. cute! I still wouldn't call this summer with this 80 degree weather we are having in August I just know it's gonna be 100 degrees in october.
Yeah it's not quite summer cuz it's just so cool!!! I am not looking forward to that ridiculous heat in October like you said bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Icon_rolleyes
QuietButterfly wrote:I just love your hair, it always looks good, no matter what you do to it.
QB thanks so much!!!! You're too kind Smile
CocaColaCutie wrote:Great updates B! I missed clo "the fro" bella! oh and I'm addicted to my crackberry too!
Thanks c-cubed!! Maaaan the addiction is not the business cuz it keeps me from getting things done LOL
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th August 2010, 1:27 am

Hello dearies!!! afro

I promised I wouldn't keep you waiting til September for updates so here goes!

Basically my hair has been in twists for August. After going to the beach my hair was actually really soft! I shampooed, conditioned and twisted because that's always the easiest thing when I can't think of a style. These are the twists in a bun
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00410

I wore them this size for about 2 days and I started getting antsy and wanted to play in my hair! So my fix was to retwist my hair in smaller twist lol
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 August10

These are just some earrings that I LOVE! They're soooo cute if I do say so myself. Lol I got them at Claires about a year ago
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00411

I cowashed the twists a few days later and then put them in an updo
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 August11

So of course what's next is a twistout! Yay!!! I'm so happy that they're always big now and I don't have to do anything extra for volume cheers
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 August12

So this past Sunday there was a baby shower and I was trying to think of a cheap, but awesome gift. What better thing to do than crochet something! So I remembered this tutorial on youtube and I made some baby booties!! These are probably the coolest things I have ever made in my opinion
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Baby_b10

Lastly (finally right!) I tried a new style for twists after I washed my hair on Saturday - I went to the beach again!! I flat twisted the sides, 3 on each side. The bangs are mini twisted with shea butter after blow drying. The back is in chunky 2 strand twists. I wore this from Sunday until today. Yay me! Lol it's probably my favorite style now Very Happy

I experimented with the bangs and the back of my hair. This is how it looked right after I finished
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 August13

The first day I wore it was Sunday so for church I pinned the bangs up and here's how it looked. I don't even think I could duplicate it cuz I don't remember what I did!
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00510
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00511

Oh by the way I'm working with a staffing agency so I have a job - for now! lol and I wore the back in a bun one day to work. I only started on Wednesday though
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Img00512

Ok I need to stop doing so much to my hair because that was WAY too many udpates! Love you guys
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 14th August 2010, 1:31 am

I love those booties!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 14th August 2010, 1:41 am

Your hairstyles are AWESOME!! I need to peek in here more often! I am taking notes... study

I agree with WTRH. The booties are adorable!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th August 2010, 1:56 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I love those booties!!

nattyblog wrote:Your hairstyles are AWESOME!! I need to peek in here more often! I am taking notes... study

I agree with WTRH. The booties are adorable!
Thank you guys!!! I didn't want to give them to her but I had to cuz I don't have a baby LOL
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th August 2010, 1:57 am

Loving the styles!!!!

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 17 Icon_cheers for twist buns!!! I cant wait until Roxie is long enough to bun!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next