CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair cuts, blow dry or wet??

3 posters

Go down

Hair cuts, blow dry or wet?? Empty Hair cuts, blow dry or wet??

Post by naturalchic 14th May 2010, 12:40 pm

I have been trying to find a place to trim my hair, i believe my hair is in the 4 b/c range. Each time i ask they tell me i have to get my hair blow dried straight for them to cut my hair. I have heat damage already......is the only way to cut our hair
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Hair cuts, blow dry or wet?? Empty Re: Hair cuts, blow dry or wet??

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 14th May 2010, 12:53 pm

It's not the only way to trim your hair and in my opinion if the stylist considers to be experienced and professional, then they should be able to cut/trim your hair in it's natural state. I experienced this dilemma when I was transitioning yet with a relative and I simply told her this is my hair, it's not straight and it won't be straight because that's not my texture!

Where are you located? Perhaps some curlies can give recommendations within your area.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 14th May 2010, 1:12 pm

I went to a natural hair salon and they lightly blowdried it into an afro, i guess to straighten out my curl pattern a little bit. But he was able to trim it while it was in an afro. So I guess my answer is No you don't have to straighten your hair for a trim.

More recently, I trimmed my hair myself. I attempted a roller set, which was an epic fail btw, and as I took the rollers out I just dusted the ends. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 14th May 2010, 1:59 pm

Thanks ladies, i live in orlando, fl.....@ curliana- i have heat damage from flat ironing my hair so im a little cared of anything that changes my curl pattern, but it may not be too bad if its temporary. I still am dealing with some of my ends being straight as a result, so im constantly cutting those ends off so im sure i need a professional to cut my hair evenly, lol
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down