CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CurlFormers

+25
DalsD
Sequoia
Nikcoils
so1913
jamaicacurl
Winnielours
tiphani
ty
VickiC2003
lena73
.:Eden:.
CocaColaCutie
satindoll
NikG20
Serenity23
sweetdrk1
MixedStraightUp
*CurlyNikki*
Zofie
Curly83
d.denise
Dricka
tiashaunteƩ
nmoultry
curlydoesit
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

CurlFormers - Page 3 Empty Re: CurlFormers

Post by jamaicacurl 9th December 2009, 1:12 am

Yeah I may try the flexi rods instead. I remember buying some looong time ago and not knowing what the heck I was doing so I returned them. Thank goodness for youtube!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 10th December 2009, 1:47 am

lol ladies!!! i know the price is out of control!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by tiphani 11th December 2009, 12:39 am

[quote="ty"]
tiphani wrote:ty, your hair looks awesome!! wow! look like I will try curlfomers.

Thanks Tiphani!! I’m loving your curls in your avatar pic too!!

@ ty - Thanks!
tiphani
tiphani

Back to top Go down

Post by so1913 11th December 2009, 12:03 pm

Well, I have some of these in the mail on the way, used the 20% off Sally's coupon and ordered them. I'm almost nervous about them now, but do see some ladies have fab results. I'm just not trying to do anything we're I end up pulling my hair out trying to figure it out
so1913
so1913

http://www.twitter.com/so1913

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 5th April 2010, 5:41 pm

" />Curlformers by Fleurtzy I just saw these curlformers in Sally's a few weeks ago and i thought my hair was too long for them until i saw a video on YT today and just saw some of the results on here. Looks like i have another item to purchase plus she let her hair air dry it it came out awesome or they look like they will fit under the dryer.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sequoia 5th April 2010, 5:57 pm

I've used them several times during my transition. For me, they work best on damp hair. I used Giovanni Direct leave-in, a little evoo, and Ecostyler gel. They're hard to sleep in, but the results are worth it! I can't wait to try them on my natural hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

17 months post-relaxer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sequoia
Sequoia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 5th April 2010, 6:49 pm

@sequoia when you let your dry over night was your completely dry and how many did you use? did you but one of the kits or purchased them seperately.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sequoia 5th April 2010, 7:18 pm

npmoore04 wrote:@sequoia when you let your dry over night was your completely dry and how many did you use? did you but one of the kits or purchased them seperately.

My hair was completely dry in the morning because I set it while it was damp, this is the key for me! I bought the salon kit...I use all of the rollers except for the 6 short ones. I also bought an extra pack (long & narrow) to use on the front of my hair.
Sequoia
Sequoia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 5th April 2010, 7:25 pm

Cool thanks. I saw the starter kit at Sally's but it looked like it had too many short ones for my long hair. I will need to look for the salon kit cause it looks like it will work better for my hair plus it comes with 2 hooks. the individual packs look like it would be quite costly to purchase them that way.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 2nd August 2010, 7:42 pm

ty wrote:
tiphani wrote:ty, your hair looks awesome!! wow! look like I will try curlfomers.

Thanks Tiphani!! I’m loving your curls in your avatar pic too!!

d.denise wrote:Awwww ty your hair is BEAUTIFUL! Did you try the extra long curl formers? I know at my sallys they had some.

Thanks so much d.denise!!! No, I haven’t tried the extra long pack yet. I was trying to save some money by buying the salon kit, but I think I might have to buy a few packs of the extra long.

same thing happened to me this weekend cause my hair was too long for the salon kit i ended up putting rollers at the end so that my roots would be dry. i was also trying to save money. Sad But i still love the result.

Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by DalsD 2nd August 2010, 10:35 pm

I just bought some today and plan on trying them this weekend (or sooner if I can't wait lol). You ladies have had excellent results and I can't wait to try them out!

DalsD

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 9th August 2010, 1:05 pm

BUMP!!!!!
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

https://www.facebook.com/ImperialDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 9th August 2010, 4:34 pm

Redid my curlformers this past weekend with the extra long and wide curlformers in the back and my hair fit no need for the perm rods on the ends. loved the results.

Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 9th August 2010, 7:12 pm

npmoore04 wrote:Redid my curlformers this past weekend with the extra long and wide curlformers in the back and my hair fit no need for the perm rods on the ends. loved the results.

we do, too. (love the results) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 9th August 2010, 11:31 pm

Very pretty results npmoore04! You can't even tell that you're natural...now, that is versatility! Do you plan to style your hair any other way with the curls, like a pin up or something? I want to try curlformers, but I can't see myself wearing my hair down like that for more than one day (I work out - and sweat - a lot). Please post more pics if you do other styles too!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th August 2010, 2:28 pm

okay this is day 3 i pulled them apart to get a fuller look i just have a headband on with them. I like it. I am gonna try and do a curly fro hawk tomorrow.

Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 15th August 2010, 11:41 pm

BUMP?
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 16th August 2010, 2:12 pm

I bought a couple packs this weekend and the curling process seemed to work okay but what products have you guys found work (mouse, gel, setting lotion, oils,etc)? I wanted something that would give some hold but not be hard or sticky. Are you able to comb these curls out at all? I don't look good with Shirley Temple curls.

TIA!
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 16th August 2010, 5:39 pm

I used Elasta QP styling foam it has olive oil and avocado in it. I applied Cocunut oil through my hair before applying the Elasta Qp and curlformers. so it isn't hard and crunchy when it is dry. I pulled my curls apart when i wanted a fuller curlier look not resembling the shirley temple curls i had when i first took out the curlformers.

This is my 3rd day hair with them after pulling them apart the curl became smaller but fuller on my hair and all i did was rub some hair polisher in my hands and ran it though

This is the second day they started to fall some so i just pinned the side up

HTH

Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 16th August 2010, 9:19 pm

Thank you, npmoore04!

I will definitely give that a try. Your results are stunning!
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by DalsD 18th August 2010, 9:36 am

DalsD wrote:I just bought some today and plan on trying them this weekend (or sooner if I can't wait lol). You ladies have had excellent results and I can't wait to try them out!

Ok so I finally tried mine last night! It was a longggg process (hour and a half) and by the end I just got frustrated and rollerset the back of my hair. I definitely have to work on my technique because I lost more than a few strands of hair. No Any suggestions on technique and products would be appreciated!
Anyway, I love, love, love the way the curls turned out and my new growth was way straighter than it was with a roller set (I'm transitioning). I didn't sit under the dryer but let my hair air dry over night and had no problems with drying (especially for doing this at 10pm last night). But they were horrible to sleep in!
I'll have to come back and post pictures!

DalsD

Back to top Go down

Post by DalsD 19th August 2010, 12:13 am

DalsD wrote:
Ok so I finally tried mine last night! It was a longggg process (hour and a half) and by the end I just got frustrated and rollerset the back of my hair. I definitely have to work on my technique because I lost more than a few strands of hair. No Any suggestions on technique and products would be appreciated!
Anyway, I love, love, love the way the curls turned out and my new growth was way straighter than it was with a roller set (I'm transitioning). I didn't sit under the dryer but let my hair air dry over night and had no problems with drying (especially for doing this at 10pm last night). But they were horrible to sleep in!

Here are a few pics. I had to rollerset some of the shorter broken off pieces of my hair.

I wear my hair pulled up on one side. Loved the results! Don't mind me taking pictures at my desk lol!

DalsD

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 19th August 2010, 2:33 am

DalsD wrote:
DalsD wrote:

Here are a few pics. I had to rollerset some of the shorter broken off pieces of my hair.

I wear my hair pulled up on one side. Loved the results! Don't mind me taking pictures at my desk lol!

Loved your results! They do take a little getting used to. I usually grab a section of hair and twist it a little bit to give the hook something to latch on to. Then I make sure the opening of the hook is facing UP when I'm attaching it to my hair. Try not to put too much hair in each section, because it can and WILL get stuck (found that out the hard way one time when I was transitioning and trying to be lazy Laughing) The next time you put them in, things should go a little faster since you know what you're dealing with more Very Happy Oh yeah and they're horrible to sleep in...not comfy at all lol I just try to find a comfortable spot and sleep on the side of my face with the pillow plumped up a little. The things we women go through for beauty Laughing
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DalsD 19th August 2010, 11:12 am

Janet36603 wrote:
Loved your results! They do take a little getting used to. I usually grab a section of hair and twist it a little bit to give the hook something to latch on to. Then I make sure the opening of the hook is facing UP when I'm attaching it to my hair. Try not to put too much hair in each section, because it can and WILL get stuck (found that out the hard way one time when I was transitioning and trying to be lazy Laughing) The next time you put them in, things should go a little faster since you know what you're dealing with more Very Happy Oh yeah and they're horrible to sleep in...not comfy at all lol I just try to find a comfortable spot and sleep on the side of my face with the pillow plumped up a little. The things we women go through for beauty Laughing

Thanks Janet! I twisted the hair at the root but it still got tangled. I made sure it was wet and slick too. I will try smaller sections the next time.
LOL, I had my head propped up too!
Question, what's the difference between the pink and orange rollers? They look the exact same size. Do they curl different ways?

DalsD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3