CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CurlFormers

+25
DalsD
Sequoia
Nikcoils
so1913
jamaicacurl
Winnielours
tiphani
ty
VickiC2003
lena73
.:Eden:.
CocaColaCutie
satindoll
NikG20
Serenity23
sweetdrk1
MixedStraightUp
*CurlyNikki*
Zofie
Curly83
d.denise
Dricka
tiashaunteé
nmoultry
curlydoesit
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CurlFormers Empty CurlFormers

Post by curlydoesit 23rd October 2009, 4:32 pm

I've been thinking about trying Curlformers, but I'm afraid to spend that money, especially if they don't work! Any experiences?

curlydoesit

Back to top Go down

CurlFormers Empty Curlformers

Post by nmoultry 23rd October 2009, 4:43 pm

I purchased some yesterday at Sally's. I normally rod set my hair and for a trial I'm going to set the back on curlformers to practice before I attempt to do an entire head of them. I've seen some awesome results

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

CurlFormers Empty Re: CurlFormers

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd October 2009, 5:50 pm

I was actually wondering about Curlformers yesterday so I went to YouTube to see them in action. I don't like that I would have to use a hook on my hair...my hair loves to snag on thing. I opted to purchase some flexirods instead.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dricka 23rd October 2009, 6:26 pm

If you get them from Sally's and try them out and don't like them you can always take them back. I am going to pick some up because I am going to a formal party tomorrow night and wanted a cute updo and have not had a sucessful roller set. I will make sure I come back and post pics tomorrow.
Dricka
Dricka

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd October 2009, 6:41 pm

Dricka wrote:If you get them from Sally's and try them out and don't like them you can always take them back. I am going to pick some up because I am going to a formal party tomorrow night and wanted a cute updo and have not had a sucessful roller set. I will make sure I come back and post pics tomorrow.

They take back used items????
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 23rd October 2009, 8:46 pm

Tia - I just bought them a week ago and my hair gets snagged on everything too but not with the curlformer rod. you are using relatively small sections of the hair and the "hook" (rod) is fairly big and goes AROUND the hair not through the hair. You twist the part that the rod goes around to make sure no hair is left out and it doesn't tangle. sounds complicated but its really all one motion. i LOVE the results! and yes sally's will take it back if it doesnt work for you.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly83 24th October 2009, 12:53 am

I saw these the other day at Sally's and I was so tempted to buy some. My hair is all different lengths though, so I would have to get different sizes. Can you sleep in them? Seems like it might hurt your head..lol.

Curly83

Back to top Go down

Post by Zofie 24th October 2009, 8:00 am

I used curlformers for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I was worrying about snagging as well. I just went slowly. I had a maybe three sections that snagged, but because I was going slowly, I could feel the snag right away. I just pulled the hook out (came out very easily) and started again. I was skeptical, but the curls came out great! I used too much coconut oil though and it was dripping from the ends of my hair. LOL!

www.becomingzofie.blogspot.com
Zofie
Zofie

http://www.becomingzofie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 24th October 2009, 10:02 am

Sallys definitely takes back used items. I believe that in order to return the CurlFormers you must have a receipt...most of their hair products you can return a month later without a receipt! You best believe I've cashed in on this 'lax' policy many times Smile

I'm giving up the CF sets this winter...the flexi-rod set (10-12 twists rolled to the roots using flexis) truly resembles my CF set with half the hassle and much less stress on my hair. I say try both, and return the loser Smile
The CF probably do get my roots a little straighter.

LOL @ too much coconut oil. When I first tried it, I was still using gel, and heavy handedly applied all of my products. I remember scooping a palm full (or two) of coconut oil out of the jar and applying it to my wet, shingled hair. Needless to say, when it dried it was a mess! I had to rinse and start over, lol. Live and learn.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MixedStraightUp 25th October 2009, 1:00 am

Ok - so here goes my first post ever. After much review and wavering, I went to Sally's and bought the CurlFormers after seeing Nikki' sresults and the YouTube video. It took only a couple of tries to get the hook down and it is very easy *Hair must be slick*.

I put them in on Sunday night about 5pm and took them down 7am Monday morning. OMG they work so good, the roots were even stright - but what would you know - IT RAINED IN SAN FRANCISCO - The ONE & ONLY day I wear my hair down in about 4 months.

I'm still working with them and the TNC style but this site give me much hope and help! Thanks! Tried to load pictures but can't get them to upload?

Last edited by MixedStraightUp on 25th October 2009, 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
MixedStraightUp
MixedStraightUp

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 1:12 am

Mixedstraightup, I'd love to see your results!!! Click on 'host an image', upload it, and then select the last link to post the image.

hth!
nik
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MixedStraightUp 25th October 2009, 1:29 am

[img]https://curlynikki.forumotion.com/[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]Ok I have it now - hope you like!

Before I forget - THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND THIS WEBSITE!
MixedStraightUp
MixedStraightUp

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 1:45 am

OMG! So smooth and shiny...what products did you use? Did you sit under the dryer? How many did you do?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but DANG!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MixedStraightUp 25th October 2009, 1:57 am

[img]https://curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]Are YOU kidding me - I am honored you are asking me anything - this site is like my new bible for hair - LOVE IT!!!!! I found your site from the Tightly Curly/Terri's site (Love her also).

So I washed my scalp w/ Organix Coconut shampoo, and then loaded my hair w/ Organix Coconut Conditioner (I can't live w/o this stuff now) and brushed with my Denman D4 brush. In a spray bottle I had some Sally's setting lotion, cocnut oil (Can you tell I am a cocnut freak now) and some Kinky Curly Knot Today conditioner. I shook this bottle up and then sprayed each section down so slick.

I didn't buy the stater kit but about 5 different size packs and it came out super soft. Curls lasted about 2 days and then I had to pull them up in a high bun since the rain killed me. But it stayed super soft all week from the concocktion I came up with.

Now I am dying for my henna to come in the mail, shea butter and more oil to let me try more new styling ideas from your posts and the others on this site.

I tried to add one more picture of the whole head for you to see also.
MixedStraightUp
MixedStraightUp

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 2:01 am

thank you so much! I'm always learning, and I can clearly learn from your routine. I may not try curlformers this winter, but I'm going to try your products on my next flexi-rod set.
Your hair looks great! Nadeira (my curly friend that recently reviewed EO conditioner) swears by Organix. I'm thinking I need to try it Smile
She says it's really slippery...I'll probably get some next week. If you keep this routine up over the winter, you'll see thicker, longer hair come the summer!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MixedStraightUp 25th October 2009, 2:08 am

Thanks - I have gone through so much with my hair - felt like crying when i saw Terri's site - her pictures and story was my life. I have gone from perms to press to locks, cutting them off, into braids and then tried a perm only to stop using after 1x and them then trying to figure out what the hell to do with my hair and pulling it back into a bun for months. Now I am trying a mix of Terri's routine and trying your wash, condition braid and curler (TNC) to see how my hair takes.
I have fallen so in love with Organix Coccnut since it has a bit of weight to it that I bought 6 when they were on sale and then fussed at my daughter for taking one - like that was the last one I had. Now that I foundsome products that work on my hair, I did't want to share [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Looking forward to learning more about my hair, trying to continue to ocassionaly use the curlformers and get throgh the winter. Can't wait to see more style ideas for the corporate world. Thanks!
MixedStraightUp
MixedStraightUp

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 25th October 2009, 3:19 am

here are my curlformers results too! for anyone who's debating getting them, like they said above at least give them a try you can always take them back if you get them from sallys

this is a 3 day old curlformer set after my first try: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

from the front: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this is the second try. i decided not to pick them out too much the first day because I wanted them to last a little longer. so you can get either look with them which is great: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

like mixedstraightup, I THANK YOU TOO CURLYNIKKI!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 9:14 am

D. Denise, I'm loving it girl! Ya'll got me tempted to pull mine back out! How do you preserve them at night?
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th October 2009, 10:44 am

ok ok, you all are going to ruin my relationship! If I buy one more hair product...hahahahahahaaaa

Whispering..I have been eyeballing that coconut stuff too!! AND when I get a little longer the CF's

running here he come!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MixedStraightUp 25th October 2009, 1:48 pm

DDenise great photos! I must also say that I did pick at them too much the first day and had a bit of trouble trying to figure out how to sleep the next few nights to keep the curls.

Would love to hear about what you did to make them last a bit longer. I can't wait to play with mine again!
MixedStraightUp
MixedStraightUp

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 25th October 2009, 3:06 pm

the first night I just slept with a scarf tied around my head but the triangle part still hanging loose (does that make sense???) I couldn't find my bonnet. This time I slept with a bonnet. I think the bonnet works best when you make sure all of your curls are gathered at the top of your head. Its something like sleeping with a high bun like CurlyNikki does but my curls would be gone if I tried to put them in a ponytail. To put the bonnet on, I bend at the waist and make sure all the curls are hanging to the ground and put the bonnet on that way. That usually keeps one side from being flat from sleeping on it. (oh the things we do for beautiful hair! lol)

Tonight I'm going to try pincurling. I don't know if you have ever done that before but back in my relaxer days I would do that often instead of sleeping in rollers. So basically take the curls and and "hand curl" them towards your scalp (follow the curl pattern and direction thats already there) and put a bobby pin or duckbill clip or some other clip to hold it. this will let me re-moisturize each curl too since I will be handling them somewhat individually. So much easier to sleep on and its like getting your curls redefined over night. I'll let you know how that works after today!

Has anyone ever tried pincurling their hair to keep their curls??
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 3:11 pm

Makes perfect sense, and it's a great idea!

I haven't, but my curiosity is peaked...maybe you can be the guinea pig and report back (re: pin curls)?!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dricka 25th October 2009, 3:26 pm

WOW Everyone had great results... I am loving mine too! I started this post yesterday while under the dryer but my internet connection dropped and I lost what I typed. Anywhoo! They were hard to put in at first, but once I got the hang of it, I was good! It took me about an hour and a half, so unfortunately my hair was dang near dry by the time I got to the middle of my head. They were a lot easier to put in wet. I shampooed with Giovanni Tea Tree, conditioned with Aussie Moist and deep conditioned with a ORS Replenishing Pack. I sat under the dryer for about 15 minutes and hopped back in the shower to rinse. I used Shea Butter and Coconut Oil and before putting the curlformers in, I sprayed with diluted Lotta Body. Once I got them in, I tried to re-wet with water before sitting under the dryer. I sat under the dryer for about 15-20 and kept the rollers in while I got dressed, make-up ect.

Here they are... halfway in
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And all the way in

And finished results (Sorry I didn't get any good ones of the hair... my camera died and it didn't recharge enough to take pics before I left)

Day 2- I just slept with my hair in a high pony and a mesh wrap thingy that was worthless (I forgot my scarf at home) the curls in the front were not like the rest so I pulled them back and left out for work.
Dricka
Dricka

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 4:15 pm

Gorgeous results! I love the half up, half down look! Work it!!!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dricka 25th October 2009, 4:28 pm

Thanks!

I forgot to add that I will be taking the starter kit back to get the extra long rollers. I had to pull the ones in the top and front of my hair away from the root to get all my hair in the roller. The pictures on the box are deceiving! They had some on display to unravel, but it is completly different when you actually put them in your hair. Plus I thought because I would be doing them wet, I would still have some shrinkage, and I did but not enough to make the long ones fit.

So anyone else looking to get them, if your hair is longer than shoulder lenght, I would recomment getting the extra long ones. They say you can put two rollers on the rod, but I don't want to go through the hassle.
Dricka
Dricka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next