CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme

2 posters

Go down

Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme Empty Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme

Post by Janique 12th May 2010, 12:28 pm

I've never used permanent color in my hair, but I've always wanted to. I've used henna before, but it's not enough color for me. I was looking in the latest Essence magazine and saw an ad for some of their new intense colors. I'm afraid to try it because my mom always told me dye makes your hair fall out! I want some other opinions.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme Empty Re: Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme

Post by NaturallyKnottynNice 14th May 2010, 1:31 pm

Hey Janique,

I use Garnier Nutrisse (Herbashine), which I love. I use it because it is ammonia free and has bamboo extracts, which is great because ammonia strips your hair and bamboo is a protectant that helps to seal in the color allowing it to give you a natural shine. With Herbashine however you will want to wrap your hair with plastic wrap or plastic cap and apply heat (under dryer method). African American hair tends to have a stronger pigmentation therefore heat is needed with this color application. Sit for at least 10-15 minutes, color last for about 28 washes, depending on how often you wash your hair, 4-6 months.

However; I like to give the good the bad and the ugly. Natural hair is already porous so it is a good idea to know the level of your porousity so as to keep you hair’s moisture balanced. Hair coloring will make your hair more porous therefore making it more open to damage, weak and drier. Remember that moisture is sooooooooooooo important especially after a color application. So it’s something to consider before you make your actual decision.

It is recommended that you may want to consider a semi- permanent as oppose to a permanent, when you apply a permanent it lifts the hair cuticle allowing the color chemicals to penetrate altering the natural protein and moisture balance, however the hair cuticles have to close back down to keep the moisture in. Semi-permanents (rinses) just apply color on top of the hair shaft, little or no real penetration, that’s why it washes out a little at a time when you wash your hair and last for a shorter period of time.

The more favorable and natural way to color is by using “Body Art Quality Henna” which can be found at Whole Foods or any other organic or natural store. Henna will most likely give you a reddish tint, so if you’re looking for a deeper color you most likely will have to explore other options.

I hope this helps you out. I’m a TWA Diva so I like to keep it short and sweet, my hair grows very fast, so I get a regular cut and my color is more likely to grow out a lot quicker. Remember moisture, moisture, moisture is key……………………..this is ESPECIALLY essential when using color.
NaturallyKnottynNice
NaturallyKnottynNice

http://www.ladyelectgalleria.net

Back to top Go down

Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme Empty Re: Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme

Post by Janique 14th May 2010, 1:49 pm

Thank you, I really appreciate your response. I use henna, but I've always wanted more of a red color in my hair, and I've always been scared of the hair dye thing....the color I wanted to use is different from the herbashine, because I think it does have ammonium hydroxide. I think I might just dye half my hair and see how it comes out.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down