CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

+88
MissyCee
naturallynola
MrsSunshinz
Jupitarlove
juicypeach
funkyhairchic
misskris
jeanlouisangel
CurlyChefRobin
gemofacurlgirl
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
thetiffany
newcurlieque
naturalmommyGA
curly-me-naturally
cyclingchick
PaganWifey
WhosThatRedHead
Ebbz
gigihaitiancurly
BeautifullyImpurfekt
wyldhoney
Serenity23
blondie
mstokes2008
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
Neems
Janet36603
tiffytaffey
traveljunkie08
natural83
Mangos&Bananas
free2Bme
BajanPrincess82
Lotusfairie
curlsunfurled
jcanalena79
carfi366
priceless
Notthecoolmom
MahoganyCurls
HappyCurly
Keisha
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
soleil
jlowman1
NhappyJackie
dajewel
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
CrissyQ
Muz
BlondeByDesire
SisterBoyd
CurlsGalore
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Nikcoils
bholmes87
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
SheeTacular
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
MsJay1121
missmoriah
krazy coils
TheRYL1
CocoEuro
coilylove
ktoliver5303
Intelligentbeauty
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
KinkyNappyHappy
coilykinks
Karyn
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
92 posters

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 30 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by NubieNatty 4th December 2010, 3:56 am

im LOVING that wet n wavy looking wig and for $20...oooww!! sorry bout the heat damage but i cant tell that its that much damaged Neutral giiirl on a scale from 1-10 how damaged do u think it is?

anything less than 6, just baby it back to health.

i love ur videos...hold on...i gotta finish payin attn to you (ur voice is too cute...even when u ramble)

im loooooving how big and fluffy ur pics are esp wit the fro hawk!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 30 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th December 2010, 5:09 am

Hey JnB,

Your profile pic had me rush over here. I love the pics.
But I am sad about the heat damage. Sad
Hopefully a good protein conditioning and lots of love will allow the hair to recover.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 5th December 2010, 5:33 pm

QuietButterfly wrote:
Hey JnB!! I'm super sorry to hear about your heat damage, I hope your hair recovers well. That frohawk is FAB!! You looks so elegant and regal....Loves It!! Very Happy

Thanks!

NubieNatty wrote:im LOVING that wet n wavy looking wig and for $20...oooww!! sorry bout the heat damage but i cant tell that its that much damaged Neutral giiirl on a scale from 1-10 how damaged do u think it is?

anything less than 6, just baby it back to health.

i love ur videos...hold on...i gotta finish payin attn to you (ur voice is too cute...even when u ramble)

im loooooving how big and fluffy ur pics are esp wit the fro hawk!

I don't know. Maybe about a 5. I'm gonna baby it. But I've thought about cutting it all off and starting over. Isn't that what you're doing? Lol

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey JnB,

Your profile pic had me rush over here. I love the pics.
But I am sad about the heat damage. Sad
Hopefully a good protein conditioning and lots of love will allow the hair to recover.

Thank IB!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th December 2010, 5:52 pm

Are you really thinking of BCng again? I am sorry honey! Did the stop coming out when you touch it? You don't think some major TLC could fix it? *hugs*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 5th December 2010, 6:02 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Are you really thinking of BCng again? I am sorry honey! Did the stop coming out when you touch it? You don't think some major TLC could fix it? *hugs*

It's not that it's THAT damaged. It stopped coming out. The only reason I'm thinking of BCing is because I really want to know what my terminal length is. It's about the length it was when I had a relaxer. I'm hoping to grow my hair longer than it was relaxed. My concern is that due to damage, my growth will be stunted. But I won't know if it's really because it's the damage, or if this is my terminal length and going natural had no effect on my hair growth. I will probably give it a few months. If my hair doesn't continue to grow, I may consider cutting it all off.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th December 2010, 6:08 pm

That makes perfect sense! I am happy it stopped coming out cheers

BTW, I have and continue to consider cutting Sasha down a bit. I am lazy! Lol!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th December 2010, 2:30 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:That makes perfect sense! I am happy it stopped coming out cheers

BTW, I have and continue to consider cutting Sasha down a bit. I am lazy! Lol!

Really sweet?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 6th December 2010, 2:45 pm

Hey JnB. Glad that your hair stopped coming out!!! woot!
So you may have mentioned this before but are you gonna try doing other protective styles?
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 6th December 2010, 11:02 pm

yay im glad it stopped coming out!! i was watching the video and talkin to the screen like "no!!1 JnB stop touching it!!!" but u kept touching it and it kept coming out lol...btw, that avi is fierce
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 7th December 2010, 5:13 pm

Lovin those styles JnB, like Nubie said I can't really tell. But I am so sorry for you. Also, I was reading that we have to be more outspoken when it comes to our hair, especially when we go to salons. It's when we don't speak up that problems happen, and I can definitely relate to that. I think you should baby it for a while, before you decide to chop again.

Also, I was watching a video by Shesingslovely and she was saying that after close to two years being natural her hair didn't seem to grow. She said she thought she was taking care of her hair as best she could, but when she sent her hair to be examined by Dr. Akbari they found that her hair was peeling like a banana. I'm not saying to send your hair to be examined (unless you want to), but I don't think you've reached terminal length at all. I think you have to take your hair regimen to the next level in care to retain all the length.

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 9th December 2010, 3:03 pm

Hey JB! I'm stopping by to check on you and Xal! I see you're considering a 2nd BC. I'm all for it if you feel that's the best thing for your hair. The upside would be less work with a shorter hair! I miss that sometime, too. Whatever you decide, it will be all good!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 24th December 2010, 1:58 am

Im glad that your hair stopped falling out. I dont think you should cut it. I myself have delt with heat damage this summer with a really hot flat iron and while I did snip off a few ends I didnt cut it all off. My hair is doing much better now and its definetly still growing. I affirm that your hair will be ok and that it will continue to grow. Love ya. Have a good Christmas girl! santa
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th December 2010, 6:23 pm

Hope you enjoyed your Christmas!

Any update on your hair?

Take care lady!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th December 2010, 6:32 pm

Happy holiday lil Sis!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 28th December 2010, 2:20 am

hey lady just stopped to see if there has been any updates on the damage and see what you decided. Hope everything has worked out and that you had a wonderful christmas
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th December 2010, 3:18 am

Hello all. I'm doing fine. I THINK my hair is going to be ok. As you can see I've hit my one year mark now. I need to do some updates. Not feeling the best today. But I'll get back with you guys in a few.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th December 2010, 4:23 am

cheers ON MAKING IT TO 1 YR
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 31st December 2010, 3:01 pm

Congratulations on making it to the 1 year mark, JnB!

I'm sorry to hear of your hair troubles, I can totally empathize. But I must say that you've had great growth in your year, and I hope it continues!

Wishing you strong, healthy, luscious hair in 2011.
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st January 2011, 6:38 pm

happy new year, jnb!!!! don't cut the damaged ends just yet...unless u want to do the bc. did you see taren's latest videos about heat damage and treating her heat damage????? the before and after treatments are pretty amazing imo.

heat damage acceptance/rant

aphoghee two step protein treatment
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 1st January 2011, 7:26 pm

Congrats on 1 Year and I love that avatar. cheers
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd January 2011, 1:59 am

Hey JnB...

Congratulations on making your 1 year anniversary. It was so good to see you last night, and it was nice to met your parents. Again I must say your mom's hair is beautiful. I love her hair, and that color is so on point!!

You look soo cute last night....you need to post some updated pictures!!

Did you see Xander last night!! The drill time and youth praise dance team were really good, don't you agree!!

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 7th January 2011, 4:57 pm

Happy NEW Year JnB!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2011, 10:52 am

Congrats on hitting the 1 year mark! it seems like yesterday when I was admiring yur BC pics! How is your hair doing after the heat issue? Is it back to normal now?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 9:26 pm

Hey are you back in town yet. We are having a meet-up Saturday....call me!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by juicypeach 9th January 2011, 9:40 pm

Hey JnB!!! MY cousin @ SCRUGALICIOUS told me to come and check you out! YOur hair is sooo fab!!! And I am sorry to hear about your breakage. What styles did you do often before your hair reached its length that it is now?
juicypeach
juicypeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next