CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

+88
MissyCee
naturallynola
MrsSunshinz
Jupitarlove
juicypeach
funkyhairchic
misskris
jeanlouisangel
CurlyChefRobin
gemofacurlgirl
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
thetiffany
newcurlieque
naturalmommyGA
curly-me-naturally
cyclingchick
PaganWifey
WhosThatRedHead
Ebbz
gigihaitiancurly
BeautifullyImpurfekt
wyldhoney
Serenity23
blondie
mstokes2008
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
Neems
Janet36603
tiffytaffey
traveljunkie08
natural83
Mangos&Bananas
free2Bme
BajanPrincess82
Lotusfairie
curlsunfurled
jcanalena79
carfi366
priceless
Notthecoolmom
MahoganyCurls
HappyCurly
Keisha
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
soleil
jlowman1
NhappyJackie
dajewel
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
CrissyQ
Muz
BlondeByDesire
SisterBoyd
CurlsGalore
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Nikcoils
bholmes87
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
SheeTacular
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
MsJay1121
missmoriah
krazy coils
TheRYL1
CocoEuro
coilylove
ktoliver5303
Intelligentbeauty
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
KinkyNappyHappy
coilykinks
Karyn
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
92 posters

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by Nikcoils 27th July 2010, 5:44 pm

cute avi!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th July 2010, 8:47 pm

npmoore04 wrote:cute avi!

Thanks NP!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th July 2010, 9:16 pm

Afroveda Hemp Seed Lock Twist and Roll Butter does it again! Here are pics of my most recent twists using this product.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Anim_24b770fa-d903-9424-19b0-2141e99065fd

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Random10

As you can see, same awesome sheen, hold, and definition. This one is a keeper. I will be ordering the 16 oz as soon as I start getting low. And the smell stops being so bad after the 2nd or 3rd time.

Here is Day 2. I was NOT having a very good day.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Anim_32a7c66d-574c-9c94-a5a1-8ed2c2a878e7

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Random11

I felt better on Day 3

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Anim_84f5122a-435a-e324-95f0-7af6918d8578

And here is a preview of the twist out that followed. The reason I say it's a preview is because the twists were only taken down halfway. That's something I do from time to time. If I take them half down, it makes it flufflier but gives me longer wear before fully twisting out.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Random12

I'll come back later and post more pics of the twistout.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 27th July 2010, 10:00 pm

Cute twists can't wait to see the twistout! I agree that you get the best definition from Afroveda. It is definitely one of my staples.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th July 2010, 2:06 am

krazy coils wrote:Cute twists can't wait to see the twistout! I agree that you get the best definition from Afroveda. It is definitely one of my staples.

I may have to revisit the Shea Amla also. I gave it away because of the smell. But it isn't so bad after a while.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 28th July 2010, 6:03 pm

Your twists look nice!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 28th July 2010, 8:02 pm

man your hair is getting longer and longer everytime i come by your place. twist look great
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 28th July 2010, 8:15 pm

really cute JnB , your hair is growing and looking healthy . you go Girl !
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th July 2010, 8:19 pm

wooooow ur twist are gettin longer n longer by the minute! i likes my afroveda TT butter and it definitely gives good sheen, im hopin karyn's enjoying it now Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Icon_biggrin
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th July 2010, 10:16 pm

Work it JnB!!! Great updates and great hair!!! Love the WnG experiments and you have high puff now!!! Yay!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 28th July 2010, 11:37 pm

Loving that avi JnB! Your twists look great too girl. It appears you have what works for you. I keep saying I'm going to try some of that afroveda stuff sometime. We'll see!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 29th July 2010, 4:54 am

WOW, WOW, WOW JNB!!!
LOVING THE TWISTS AND TWIST OUT Very Happy
YOU ARE DOING YOUR THANG OVER HERE!
LOVE THE AVI cheers
GREAT GROWTH AND RETENTION!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th July 2010, 12:03 am

Hey JnB,
1. Love the new avi!
2. Great pics, you look really cute in your glasses (like the style of them btw)
3. Awesome twists and (partial) twistout....your hair has really grown and looks fantastic.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 30th July 2010, 10:28 am

Great styles JnB love the avi!
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th July 2010, 1:38 pm

nattyblog wrote:Your twists look nice!

priceless wrote:man your hair is getting longer and longer everytime i come by your place. twist look great

curly-me-naturally wrote:really cute JnB , your hair is growing and looking healthy . you go Girl !

NubieNatty wrote:wooooow ur twist are gettin longer n longer by the minute! i likes my afroveda TT butter and it definitely gives good sheen, im hopin karyn's enjoying it now Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Icon_biggrin

CurlsGalore wrote:Work it JnB!!! Great updates and great hair!!! Love the WnG experiments and you have high puff now!!! Yay!!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Loving that avi JnB! Your twists look great too girl. It appears you have what works for you. I keep saying I'm going to try some of that afroveda stuff sometime. We'll see!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:WOW, WOW, WOW JNB!!!
LOVING THE TWISTS AND TWIST OUT Very Happy
YOU ARE DOING YOUR THANG OVER HERE!
LOVE THE AVI cheers
GREAT GROWTH AND RETENTION!!!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey JnB,
1. Love the new avi!
2. Great pics, you look really cute in your glasses (like the style of them btw)
3. Awesome twists and (partial) twistout....your hair has really grown and looks fantastic.

MellowOne wrote:Great styles JnB love the avi!

Thanks everyone!!!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 31st July 2010, 12:12 pm

Alrighty. So here's where we left off.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Twist_10

As you can see, I'm still getting awesome definition from this product.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Anim_4ee85b49-b3fb-c884-e11c-27c632eb1c6b

And it's fully separated.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Anim_0abca6d1-0139-5164-3d99-be73a3397fdf

Now, fast forward about 2 days. Now, the product would have stayed more defined longer than this. But my mommy gave me a scalp massage, so that fluffed it. And then I fluffed it some more. But look at what resulted!

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Twist_11

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Anim_7e6da632-e559-4da4-55ef-914e6dda7ca9

Side views:

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Anim_408c840a-164d-3d44-ada1-47a27a1b535e

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Twist_12

I absolutely LOVED the results! I got semi-big hair, but it was still somewhat defined.

So, some of you have already seen via Facebook, but here's a sneak peak of the style I wore in the fashion show. I basically converted the twist out to my signature puff with bangs.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Anim_5ac1b982-f894-1534-9986-dfb2563f3813

I'll come back later and post the actual pics from the show. Enjoy!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 31st July 2010, 9:03 pm

oooh cant wait to see ur fashion show pics!! ok question:

how do u pull ur twistout into a puff to still be able to keep the curl definition on the ends Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Icon_scratch . im scared i'd totally frizz up my whole head tryin to turn it into a puff.

scalp massages feel so good by someone else Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Sleep
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 31st July 2010, 10:35 pm

Love the new Avi! The definition from your twistout is awesome, glad the Afroveda is working for you!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st August 2010, 11:32 am

NubieNatty wrote:oooh cant wait to see ur fashion show pics!! ok question:

how do u pull ur twistout into a puff to still be able to keep the curl definition on the ends Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Icon_scratch . im scared i'd totally frizz up my whole head tryin to turn it into a puff.

scalp massages feel so good by someone else Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Sleep

Honestly, I'm going to have to attribute my success to the holding power of the Hemp Seed Lock Twist and Roll Butter. I have done puffs on old twistouts before and it did not stay this defined. Now, my technique was I wet only the sides with my spray bottle, coaxed it up with my hands. Then I softened it up with some of the Cocolatte. I basically ran my fingers through the bottom to unravel any twists but from root and only halfway to the end. Then I used a brush (I know lots of people don't use brushes. But I can't lay down this thick hair of mine without a brush. Next, I take a goody headband and secure it. Finally, I set it with a wrap or scarf. I leave it on until I get to my destination. And voilĂ .

krazy coils wrote:Love the new Avi! The definition from your twistout is awesome, glad the Afroveda is working for you!

Thanks! I really do love the Afroveda.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 1st August 2010, 7:53 pm

Cute avi, JNB! Your twists/twistout looks gorgeous!!! Your hair is truly on the grow! That's awesome!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 1st August 2010, 8:03 pm

Hi JnB,

Love the pics...your hair has REALLY grown.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 2nd August 2010, 2:11 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:Cute avi, JNB! Your twists/twistout looks gorgeous!!! Your hair is truly on the grow! That's awesome!

Thanks CG! just tryna be like you. Lol.

curlsunfurled wrote:Hi JnB,

Love the pics...your hair has REALLY grown.

Thanks! I'm happy with it. Hopefully we will have a meetup soon and get to get together.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd August 2010, 2:35 pm

are u talkin about goody headbands like these:
Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 300

i have plenty of these and they are too stretched out/loose to hold my hair into a puff. the only good results ive gotten from puff attempts are when i find a big rubber band (normally found on bulky items, not the normal size) to secure my puff.

good topic on cn front page!! i think regardless i wouldve went natural anywayz but i can see baby pics to know the bigger it grows im gonna have a hard time with it cuz its so dmn THICK Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Icon_mad
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 2nd August 2010, 10:38 pm

I meant more like these. They aren't goody but I've used these too.
They're skinny like ponytail holders.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Scunci10

I double them, which is usually too tight at first, but regular is way too loose. So I stretch them out for a few days then double it. Works great. Although, I'm really gonna cut back on the puffs some too. I don't wanna be natural and still looking like Naomi. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd August 2010, 1:48 pm

Alrighty, here's the pics from the fashion show. It was for my school's African Pharmacy Student Association.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Apsa_711

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Apsa_710

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Apsa_112

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Apsa_113

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Apsa_111

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Apsa_110

And, as I've mentioned before I'm Liberian (per my dad's side of the family. So here's some pics of me and daddy at the event. My aunt made me this outfit)

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Apsa_810

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Apsa_910

And here's some more pics of my hair and makeup

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Twist_13

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Twist_14

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 25 Twist_15
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next