CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

+88
MissyCee
naturallynola
MrsSunshinz
Jupitarlove
juicypeach
funkyhairchic
misskris
jeanlouisangel
CurlyChefRobin
gemofacurlgirl
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
thetiffany
newcurlieque
naturalmommyGA
curly-me-naturally
cyclingchick
PaganWifey
WhosThatRedHead
Ebbz
gigihaitiancurly
BeautifullyImpurfekt
wyldhoney
Serenity23
blondie
mstokes2008
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
Neems
Janet36603
tiffytaffey
traveljunkie08
natural83
Mangos&Bananas
free2Bme
BajanPrincess82
Lotusfairie
curlsunfurled
jcanalena79
carfi366
priceless
Notthecoolmom
MahoganyCurls
HappyCurly
Keisha
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
soleil
jlowman1
NhappyJackie
dajewel
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
CrissyQ
Muz
BlondeByDesire
SisterBoyd
CurlsGalore
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Nikcoils
bholmes87
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
SheeTacular
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
MsJay1121
missmoriah
krazy coils
TheRYL1
CocoEuro
coilylove
ktoliver5303
Intelligentbeauty
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
KinkyNappyHappy
coilykinks
Karyn
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
92 posters

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by SheeTacular 3rd June 2010, 2:09 pm

More banding and wash n go experimentation Very Happy I missed a lot!!! I swear it takes forever to get up and down the street not to mention that I missed about a week. Anywho!! Keep up the good work!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by jcanalena79 3rd June 2010, 2:27 pm

I agree!!! You really have this down to a science! Ladies w/ similar hair texture can learn sooo much from you!!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 3rd June 2010, 9:29 pm

JNB-you are awesome. I enjoy your detailed posts because otherwise I would not understand your points completely Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 617583

I will try your band and go method next month. I think I may do kinky twists also or cornrows in the fall.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th June 2010, 1:39 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey JNB,

I am enjoying the posts, they are very informative. So keep them coming!

Thanks! I'm glad you find them helpful.

Curly_Aquarius wrote:JnB, teach me the art of 5 day and beyond hair***In my sing song voice>>>>>> I got banana pudding*****
I hate driving too! Lol.
Girl it stresses me and gets my blood pressure up people drive so crazy!

Yes, especially in Houston. Smh

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Girl...

I love how detailed you are with your posting. I have a short attention span so I can post that much information, but I love to read so keep it coming!!

I hope you like your banding results with the KCCC, but I kinda got a feeling that you may not....**keeping my fingers crossed that it will work for you**

Also, when I did my wNg with Miracurl I sleep with a satin bonnet on and that saves my curls....

Thanks! Yea, I'm not sure how the KCCC and banding is going to go. But when I do it I'll let ya'll know of course. WHEN AND IF I ever get the MiraCurl, I suppose I can try different things.

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:More banding and wash n go experimentation Very Happy I missed a lot!!! I swear it takes forever to get up and down the street not to mention that I missed about a week. Anywho!! Keep up the good work!!

Yes, it is taking longer to make it around the block. And we have so many new people too! But the more the merrier!

jcanalena79 wrote:I agree!!! You really have this down to a science! Ladies w/ similar hair texture can learn sooo much from you!!

Thanks. I hope that I can encourage some people to love their hair no matter what texture.

coilykinks wrote:JNB-you are awesome. I enjoy your detailed posts because otherwise I would not understand your points completely Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 617583

I will try your band and go method next month. I think I may do kinky twists also or cornrows in the fall.

Great! I'm glad that you're enjoying them and I hope that they help.

The plan as of now:

August-November: Kinky Twists, Braids, Weaves, etc.

December-January: "Out protective styles" such as braids in designs, braided frohawks with a twistout, pin ups, twisted and braided updos, roll and pins, maybe even a bun if my hair gets long enough *fingers crossed* etc. etc. Basically styles where the hair is protected but still kind of out. Not your same ol boring twists. It's the holidays so I don't want my hair to just be twisted but don't want it to be out, this is a happy medium. I'm going for classy nice styles that I can wear to parties and the like and not have to worry about my hair. Although, I can't do any of these styles myself, so I'll be going back to the salon. I should have some pretty good length by then to experiment with things.

February-March: Twists, braids, and the occasional outs

April-August: Playtime again!!!

Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 4th June 2010, 1:43 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:

I am enjoying the posts, they are very informative. So keep them coming!

Thanks! I'm glad you find them helpful.

Curly_Aquarius wrote:JnB, teach me the art of 5 day and beyond hair***In my sing song voice>>>>>> I got banana pudding*****
I hate driving too! Lol.
Girl it stresses me and gets my blood pressure up people drive so crazy!

Yes, especially in Houston. Smh

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Girl...

I love how detailed you are with your posting. I have a short attention span so I can post that much information, but I love to read so keep it coming!!

I hope you like your banding results with the KCCC, but I kinda got a feeling that you may not....**keeping my fingers crossed that it will work for you**

Also, when I did my wNg with Miracurl I sleep with a satin bonnet on and that saves my curls....

Thanks! Yea, I'm not sure how the KCCC and banding is going to go. But when I do it I'll let ya'll know of course. WHEN AND IF I ever get the MiraCurl, I suppose I can try different things.

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:More banding and wash n go experimentation Very Happy I missed a lot!!! I swear it takes forever to get up and down the street not to mention that I missed about a week. Anywho!! Keep up the good work!!

Yes, it is taking longer to make it around the block. And we have so many new people too! But the more the merrier!

jcanalena79 wrote:I agree!!! You really have this down to a science! Ladies w/ similar hair texture can learn sooo much from you!!

Thanks. I hope that I can encourage some people to love their hair no matter what texture.

coilykinks wrote:JNB-you are awesome. I enjoy your detailed posts because otherwise I would not understand your points completely Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 617583

Great! I'm glad that you're enjoying them and I hope that they help.

The plan as of now:

August-November: Kinky Twists, Braids, Weaves, etc.

December-January: "Out protective styles" such as braids in designs, braided frohawks with a twistout, pin ups, twisted and braided updos, roll and pins, maybe even a bun if my hair gets long enough *fingers crossed* etc. etc. Basically styles where the hair is protected but still kind of out. Not your same ol boring twists. It's the holidays so I don't want my hair to just be twisted but don't want it to be out, this is a happy medium. I'm going for classy nice styles that I can wear to parties and the like and not have to worry about my hair. Although, I can't do any of these styles myself, so I'll be going back to the salon. I should have some pretty good length by then to experiment with things.

February-March: Twists, braids, and the occasional outs

April-August: Playtime again!!!

Sounds good JnB! Very Happy I wish I could etch a plan and stick too it!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th June 2010, 5:04 am

Yea, sticking to it is gonna be the challenge. Lol.

Soooo... I'm gonna be in a fashion show tomorrow. So I washed my hair tonight so it would be fresh and clean. Then I used my leave in, QBRBC and OHHB to moisturize. I do NOT like the feel of Qhemet products on wet hair. Am I the only one? I usually only use these when my hair is dry. My hair doesn't even really feel moisturized, which is strange because Qhemet is all about moisture. Perhaps my hair will feel better once it's dry. It's banded now. I have class at 7:30. It's gonna be a long day.

Oh, and I hope they aren't gonna trip at this fashion show about my natural hair. I refuse to straighten at this point in time...
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 5th June 2010, 3:37 pm

Well I hope I get pics! I can't wait to see!

BTW, I bought my bands yesterday!!! Gonna henna tomorrow but will band the next wash.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 5th June 2010, 9:33 pm

I don't have pics with my own camera so I'll have to wait on my friends to upload. I'll keep ya'll informed.

In hair news: I'm still working with this band and go method. Like I stated earlier, not feeling the Qhemet on wet hair. And I'm not feeling my hair today in general. I think I'm going to do some mini twists on Monday.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th June 2010, 2:55 am

thanx for the thorough breakdown of the banding!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th June 2010, 2:58 am

as far as qhemet on wet hair...i have nooooo problem, probably becuz i use it to twist!

now u know good n dag on well from Aug-Nov u will NOT be able to keep ur hair out the way...for 4 months...yeeeea RIGHT!! I gotta see this to believe it!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th June 2010, 5:08 am

NubieNatty wrote:thanx for the thorough breakdown of the banding!

Glad I could help.

NubieNatty wrote:as far as qhemet on wet hair...i have nooooo problem, probably becuz i use it to twist!

now u know good n dag on well from Aug-Nov u will NOT be able to keep ur hair out the way...for 4 months...yeeeea RIGHT!! I gotta see this to believe it!!

You are so right. I have to see it to believe it myself too. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 6th June 2010, 1:14 pm

Hey JNB! Just dropping in to say hello. Can't wait to see the pics from the fashion show! Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 Icon_smile Have a good day today!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th June 2010, 2:37 pm

JnB thanks for your detailed and thorough posts. I will have to give banding a try. I didn't know what to do about my smushed up hair in the am since I sleep with it out nightly, except when it's twisted. I didn't know doing that could cause the SSK's and possible damage since I was putting it in a bonnet. I'll have to give banding a try.

I like KCCC but man that Curl Souffle really alleviated your shrinkage.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 6th June 2010, 4:22 pm

Hey JNB,

Qhemet's didn't work for me on wet hair either. If my hair was wet and I use it, I always plait or twist my hair up. It didn't feel right when I tried to use it on a wash n go.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 6th June 2010, 4:39 pm

Hi J&B,

can you add a definition for the banding technique to the Natural Hair Dictionary thread?

Pretty please?
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th June 2010, 11:18 pm

LadyMika wrote:Hey JNB! Just dropping in to say hello. Can't wait to see the pics from the fashion show! Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 Icon_smile Have a good day today!

Hey Mika. I hope my friend downloads the pics soon. Lol.

DvaAuNaturel wrote:JnB thanks for your detailed and thorough posts. I will have to give banding a try. I didn't know what to do about my smushed up hair in the am since I sleep with it out nightly, except when it's twisted. I didn't know doing that could cause the SSK's and possible damage since I was putting it in a bonnet. I'll have to give banding a try.

I like KCCC but man that Curl Souffle really alleviated your shrinkage.

Thanks. Glad I could help

Qhemet's didn't work for me on wet hair either. If my hair was wet and I use it, I always plait or twist my hair up. It didn't feel right when I tried to use it on a wash n go.

Ok, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

swoodward wrote:Hi J&B,

can you add a definition for the banding technique to the Natural Hair Dictionary thread?

Pretty please?

Ok, I'll work on that
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 6th June 2010, 11:24 pm

Hey JNB! How was the meetup? I had to attend my cousins graduation, so hopefully I can catch the next one.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th June 2010, 1:21 am

coilykinks wrote:Hey JNB! How was the meetup? I had to attend my cousins graduation, so hopefully I can catch the next one.

It was great! I'll post pics tomorrow.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 7th June 2010, 11:01 pm

JnB waiting on the pics! Sorry I could not make it the family grad extravaganza had first dibs on me Smile
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 8th June 2010, 1:01 am

Hi JnB,

I see you make late night visits too! Thanks for the compliments. It was good seeing you at the meet-up.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th June 2010, 1:29 pm

Looking for pictures! I'll be back.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th June 2010, 1:40 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
coilykinks wrote:Hey JNB! How was the meetup? I had to attend my cousins graduation, so hopefully I can catch the next one.

It was great! I'll post pics tomorrow.

I can't wait to see the pictures...I had a greaduation party that day as well...hope I can make the next one!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th June 2010, 1:43 pm

I use qhemet on wet hair to do my puff all the time!! It feels funny but it really drys moist and beautiful. You don't need a lot....
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 8th June 2010, 4:27 pm

Hey ya'll. I know ya'll want pictures and I promise to post
them later today. But in the meantime, I just wanted to let you guys in on
products I have available for swap. I posted this in the product thread, but in
case you didn't find your way over there, here is what I have available.

They are broken into two categories. Regular and Premium
Items. For the premium items, I would like to get products from Darcy's
Botanicals, KBB, MiraCurl, DevaCurl, Oyin, Afroveda, Qhemet, or some other all
natural hair care line. For the rest of the items, I will accept ANY offers for
swap. I'm flexible so feel free to throw something out there and we'll see.

Premium Items:

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner (90%)
Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner (99%)

Organix Tea Tree Mint Conditioner (100%)
Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo- sulfate free (99%)
Renpure Organics Body and Shine Conditioner (100%)
Repure Organics Body and Shine Shampoo- sulfate free (100%)
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner (80%)
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk (85%)
Carol's Daught Mimosa Hair Honey (85%)
Raw African Black Soap (2 large blocks from BnB)

Regular Items:
Jason Natural Lavender Conditioner (95%)
Jason Natural Jojoba Shampoo- sulfate free (100%)
ORS Olive Oil Aloe Shampoo (60%)
ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner (35%)
ORS Anti Itch Scalp Oil (60%)
ORS Nature's Shine (55%)
Dr. Miracle's 2n1 Tingling Shampoo and Conditioner (75%)
Luster's SCurl No Drip Activator (90%)
Butters n Bars Organic Aloe Vera Facial Toner (100%)
Chagrin Valley Facial Sorbet Sugar Scrub and Wash (99%)
Taliah Waajid Total Body Black Earth Shampoo (90%)
Dr. Miracle's Tingling Deep Conditioning Treatment (1 packet)

Last edited by Juices-n-Berries on 11th June 2010, 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 8th June 2010, 6:18 pm

Alrighty. Now the moment you've all been waiting for. I have quite a few things to show you. But that's nothing new. Lol. So bear with.

Week before last when I was banding, I decided to play around with a few styles before wash. I forgot to show them to ya'll, but here they are. Basically I did two flat twists going to the sides and a pompadour in the front. It was pretty messy and on a whim and I knew I was gonna take it down, so I think with some work it would be cute. I will be trying this again.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 Anim_80b63a4e-3ff7-8974-5587-77d2f3307cc5

Then, I decided to take it a step further and pin all of it up. I basically did random tucks and pins. I think it was cute, but again I was just playing around. I will definitely be trying this again come winter because it's a protective style that doesn't involve twists (yay!) But my hair wasn't really long enough for it so I had some trouble with the pinning. By winter I should be good. I would also like to play around with more of the tuck and pin and roll styles once I get some more length.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 Anim_0ea63173-2290-acc4-a525-f4e6ef205315

Ok, fast forward a week. Well like I said before, this weekend I washed and did a band and go with the Qhemet. I didn't really care for the way it felt. And it didn't look all that great. But I made it work. So I was going out and had no idea what to do with it. So I just pinned it up on the sides and let it do it's thug thizzle. I kinda like it. I call it my messy club look. Lol.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 Anim_30da3d5d-bc91-3af4-d131-48c1e6c5fc93

Well of course with the heat of Houston's humidity and probably from me dancing, Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 Icon_lol it sort of tamed itself. Still looked fine, but I think I prefer the wild look. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 Icon_geek Lol.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 Anim_ca7f4812-9744-0834-a117-ea81e72672ec

By the time I got home, it had completely shaped up on it's own. Lol. Still ok though.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 14 Anim_fef51f0e-47f4-8124-1d79-d21da1f67577

Ok. So I know you were hoping for the meetup or fashion show pics. Well my friend still hasn't given me the fashion show pics but I will come back later TODAY to post the ones for the meetup. I need to get some studying done but needed to get these pics out first. Hope I didn't disappoint. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next