CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maintaining Twist Out

+3
MyBlkizBfl
Lynnieluve
GeminiNaps
7 posters

Go down

Maintaining Twist Out Empty Maintaining Twist Out

Post by GeminiNaps 11th May 2010, 10:39 am

Hi ladies, my first post here I'm excited. Anywho--I did my first (and VERY successful) TnC last night. My hair comes just about to the bottom of my ear, but I wanted to know how to maintain this look for at least until the end of the week (Friday).

Any suggestions? How do you ladies maintain your twist outs?

I look forward to hearing all of your advice! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Maintaining Twist Out Empty Re: Maintaining Twist Out

Post by Lynnieluve 11th May 2010, 10:42 am

Yay for your first post!!!

I usually have to retwist at the end of Day 2 or 3 to make it last all week and stay moisturized.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiNaps 11th May 2010, 10:47 am

Ok--THANKS SO MUCH! I mean it came out pretty tight as I secured the ends with perms rods. I'm going to upload an avatar and this is my hair this morning so you can see how it turned out.

I can't stay out of the mirror! Oh BTW I'm 12 months post relaxer with about an inch to an inch and a half of relaxed ends left. Just looking to get some more length before I BC. My head's pretty large and in charge, lol.
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by MyBlkizBfl 19th May 2010, 12:06 pm

I haven't tried a TnC but i've worn bantu knots for a week. Its hard w/ work and a small child to find time re twist. I have found that not touching it day 1/2 works and sleep w/ my satin bonnet everynight. Day 3/4 i pull the ends out w/ Cantu Shea Butter Leave In mixed w/ Proclaim Natural 7 oil and day 5/6 i repeat pulling the ends and twisting them trying to cut down on the frizz. Day 7 i wash and begin again.

I will add a head band or some accessory to distract from the frizz when it starts to go south. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MyBlkizBfl
MyBlkizBfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiNaps 19th May 2010, 12:26 pm

@MyBlkizBfl--yeah I tried Bantu knots one time before and it came out pretty good to be my first attempt. I might try them again soon.

I do have to say my TnC came out way better than the braid out I did on my hair this weekend. After the first night of my braid out when I rebraided at night, it was a frizzy mess the next morning. And I made sure to moisturize before braiding.

So I think I'll stick to TnC's and also try Bantu knot outs again. Those seem to work best for my hair.
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 19th May 2010, 3:33 pm

I usually can get my TnC to last 2-3 or three days if I only twisted using KCKT and coconut oil. After that I have to pull it back with a headband and sidecombs. I'm way too lazy to re-twist every night since my hair only looks good with small twists. Before I started reading product labels carefully I used to use ORS twist and lock gel. With that I could easily wear a twist-out for 4-5 days. The only problem is ORS dries my hair out so badly.
Here is a pic from a twist-out a 2 weeks ago (it only latsed 2 day [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Neems on 19th May 2010, 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiNaps 19th May 2010, 3:52 pm

@Neems--thanks so much for your input. I think our hair is the same. If I can get to day 3, that's definitely when I have to co-wash and re-style.
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th May 2010, 12:51 pm

I am late but you seem to have all you need. I too retwist at night or I wind up with a mess that requires a headband. LOL!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by npsoul 20th May 2010, 1:00 pm

I use Aveda's whipping gel and I can get my twist to last 7 days or longer. I only use Qhemet heavy cream and coconut oil for moisture and seal. It's the only product I found that gives me very define twist and waves that last longer than 3 days.
npsoul
npsoul

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiNaps 20th May 2010, 1:04 pm

Oooh thanks. I just posted a new topic lookin for a new product for my twists b/c i don't think MJ's curly pudding is working out too well. I get great hold but some buildup/purple flakes from it.
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiNaps 20th May 2010, 1:18 pm

@Sweetdrk1--thanks! I know now, lol. When I woke up one day with an undefined afro, lol. I knew then.
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by lechatnoir324 22nd May 2010, 1:57 pm

Does anyone ever have lots of hair in your comb while you detangle after having worn a twist out? Just wondering if it was fairly normal.
lechatnoir324
lechatnoir324

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiNaps 23rd May 2010, 12:03 pm

I don't. I just have the normal shedding hair. But it's not a lot. Are you detangling while wet or dry? It's best to do it while wet with loads of conditioner.
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by lechatnoir324 23rd May 2010, 1:21 pm

Yeah, I detangle while my hair is wet. I dunno, I think it might just be shedding also. Thanks for your input! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lechatnoir324
lechatnoir324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down