CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc.

+48
Serenity23
NaturalTina
ElleX
KinkyNappyHappy
TheRYL1
ShontaeB
cutephantasm
popsbaby
curly-me-naturally
carfi366
DvaAuNaturel
mrsmackey
HAMPTONSFNST
SighSidhe
TMS
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
SisterBoyd
poeticlyspkng
neethair
AfrikanLatina
naturalchic
priceless
iri9109
GeminiNaps
jessimae
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
missmoriah
BajanPrincess82
Nikcoils
FemmeFox
brandiitneka
sweetdrk1
CocaColaCutie
NubieNatty
YuNeka V.
tiashaunteƩ
CurlsGalore
jac.attack
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
Juices-n-Berries
nikismiles
jlowman1
Karyn
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
52 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

If you wear makeup, is it on point?

Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 22 I_vote_lcap29%Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 34 ]
Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 22 I_vote_lcap3%Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 22 I_vote_lcap44%Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 51 ]
Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 22 I_vote_lcap13%Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 15 ]
Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 22 I_vote_lcap10%Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 116

Poll closed

Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 22 Empty Re: Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc.

Post by NubieNatty 24th June 2010, 7:51 am

Brandi, i need a tutorial on that one becuz i ATTEMPTED to do a similar look but it didnt come out right so i ended up blending [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

do you put them on one color at a time and blend? and how do u end up with the colors looking so seperated in NOT blended? (does that make sense [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

@ryl; i can definitely vouch for urban decay's primer potion ($18). i just re-up'd on it last wknd. i wore some shadows from my ud palette WITHOUT the primer and i definitely noticed a difference becuz it didnt pop as much AND i ended up with the crease a few hours later...along with it fading [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 22 Empty Re: Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc.

Post by Nikcoils 24th June 2010, 1:36 pm

Brandi love those vibrant colors...i need to step away from my shimmer and get into matte colors. Can't wait to see what you say regarding nubies questions.

Ryl1 A primer works wonders on making your eyesahdow stay put. I got oily lids if i am in a rush and forget to put it on it is gone in a matter of minutes..ugh!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th June 2010, 4:40 pm

okay...I was sent over here by Nubie. What is the best primer (eye)? I don't wear eye shadow because like most of you have stated I have oily lids.

I'm sure it's posted in this thread, but I've got to get back to work. I'll check back tonight and get caught up!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th June 2010, 5:20 pm

NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 24th June 2010, 8:25 pm

Thanks y'all for the info!

I gotta get some of that because I end up with a lil color in the crease...AAARGGGHHHH! LOL

OK...another question...is there EYE primer or just primer period? Does that make sense? ;-) I don't wanna put face primer in/on my eye if it's not supposed to be there...LMAO
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th June 2010, 11:46 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Thanks y'all for the info!

I gotta get some of that because I end up with a lil color in the crease...AAARGGGHHHH! LOL

OK...another question...is there EYE primer or just primer period? Does that make sense? ;-) I don't wanna put face primer in/on my eye if it's not supposed to be there...LMAO
It is eye primer.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 25th June 2010, 11:16 am

hey ladies look what I found , looks like it would something good for these summer days ..... looks cool ! just might get me some
I'll be back later for pics of my makeup looks .
Keep Your Face in Place

By Meghan Taylor on Jun 22nd 2010 2:46PM
Filed under: Makeup, How-To, Product Reviews

Comments (2)

With HP wireless printers, you could have printed this from any room in the house. Live wirelessly. Print wirelessly.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Print EmailMoreSo you've done your face and you're feeling gorgeous, and then you walk outside into the sweltering heat. Ugh! The last thing you want to do after carefully applying your makeup is for it to melt away like the Wicked Witch of the West. We all know summer can really take its toll, and we're here to help combat the meltdown. My newest discovery and, frankly, one of my favorites is a product called Model in a Bottle ($21, www.modelinabottle.com). This magic potion will help you keep the face all day long! We're loving that right? Right!

What is it? It's a matte finishing spray that allows you to keep your makeup in place and looking fresh for hours and hours. It basically locks in the look so you don't have to keep touching up all day. It's tried and true! While absorbing excess oil, it doesn't clog your pores or dry your skin out. You will forget you have it on! How to Use
After you apply your desired makeup look, whether it's light and fresh or glamorous and vampy, you just pump a few sprays directly on your face and let it dry. It takes about three seconds and your signed, sealed and delivering FACE!

It's absolutely perfect for brides and great for anyone who doesn't want to carry around bulky makeup bag with all day. Model in a Bottle comes in two formulas: original and sensitive skin.

So, don't fear my pretties, there is an answer to the age-old issue of keeping your makeup in place. Keep the faith that you can keep the face!
Tagged as: Bridal Makeup, Model in a
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th June 2010, 3:38 pm

Hmmm, may have to look into that c-m-n. Eyeshadow was icky after only an hour or so [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I had to wipe most of it off.

QUESTION: What do you keep in your makeup bag/purse when out?

MY ANSWER: My lipgloss of the day, foundation (will remove soon) and pressed powder.

Please let me know what are your must haves.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th June 2010, 11:54 pm

good question chrs becuz im tryin to figure out what i want to keep in a small makeup bag myself. im thinkin...lipgloss, one eyeshadow (unless its quads), eyeliner, eyebrow brush, babywipes, and im too tired to think of anything else!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 26th June 2010, 12:39 am

thanks ladies!!! nubie, when i am using multiple colors i only blend where the colors start. does that make sense??? say if i am using pink, purple yellow and blue. i usually put the yellow on first in the middle of my lid then i go in with the pink in one corner and the purple in the other corner and i will cut my crease with the blue. after i am done i go in with my blending brush and blend where the purple and yellow come together and then where the yellow and pink come together making sure i dont over blend so i dont go into the yellow to much. depending on the blue color that i use on my crease, i make sure to use it lightly because it can over power the other colors. I hope this made sense!!!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th June 2010, 12:48 am

thanx bran! i get what ur sayin. i had to draw it out and look at ur pictures so i can visualize it myself, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 26th June 2010, 1:05 am

I keep lip gloss and eye liner in my purse i tend to rub my eyes a lot oh and makeup wipes , i don't wear any foundation so i don't have any.

In the summer time in Japan it is very humid here and when you walk outside you instantly start sweating . so the othe day on base thay were having a Luau and it was held outside . so I just new I was asking for trouble if I decided to wear eyeshadow or not .

So I decied I was going to do an expiriment and see what would happen If i wore eyeshadow in the humid weather.
So I used my concealer and NYX eye primer and then did my eyeshadow. and it was a success and I was very surprised . through the sweat , heat and sun it stayed on all day . there was no running streaking , fading or melting .

here are some pics / the first ones are of the luau makeup and the others are just some of me playing around with makup .
this is a look I was trying out

curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th June 2010, 1:15 am

i like the bronzing look effect u got goin on!

do they drive on the wrong side of the street in japan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 26th June 2010, 3:55 am

Thank you Miss Nubie

yes !!! they do lol ....it was hard to get use to it but you do get use to it , then I went home to visit and found myself on the wrong side of the street ! lol

now I am scared to drive when I get home and find myself trying to cause an accident . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th June 2010, 1:44 pm

In my makeup bag I keep mascara, pressed powder, lipliner, about three different color lip glosses and lipsticks each and a neutral color eyeshadow (brown). This is for those days when I don't apply makeup at home I can just apply the eyeshadow, mascara and the lipgloss or lipstick that I want to wear that day.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 26th June 2010, 1:50 pm

I am constantly changing whats in my makeup bag daily. I for sure keep mascara, lip gloss, a lipstick color, a neutral shadow, and some type of foundation whether it be liquid or powder. Today I have both Smile I don't know if I'm going to use it because its so hot but just in case I need to glam it up those are the things I keep. Have a great day ladies!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleX 28th June 2010, 9:03 pm

I must have lip baum, lip liner, lip gloss, lip stick and shea butter! And a mirror.

It's too hot for anything else!!! Almost too hot for the lip stuff...LOL!
ElleX
ElleX

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th June 2010, 9:14 pm

@cutephan; THANX for the shea butter tip to remove the makeup! i tested it out last week and it worked like a charm! i now have a sample size jar in my makeup bag (not the makeup bag i carry around tho)
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th June 2010, 9:59 pm

Love the looks, keep'em coming please.

Hubby invited me to dinner tonight so I got va-va-voom for him. I used my 120 palette from Beauty Factories. I think this was the first time using more than three colors. I used the light pink for all over the lid up to the brow bone then a slightly darker pink then hot pink. I put black in the corner for a smokey look then applied the hot pink over it. I smudged the hot pink below my lash line to about midway my eye and lined eyes with black. I really like how it came out.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 29th June 2010, 10:54 pm

@Chrs the different pinks are very pretty!
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 30th June 2010, 4:18 pm

LOVE THE PINK CHRS!!! Note to self: GET 120 PALETTE ASAP

In my purse I usually keep lip moisturizer, lipstick in a neutral color and chestnut lip liner. EVEN though I am not a lip reapplier after I eat, drink, etc. I don't know how people stay consistant with reapplying lipstick/lip gloss. I usually just throw on some lip moisturizer so i won't have chapped lips.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th June 2010, 4:33 pm

Thanks ladies!

@npmoore04, it's funny that you mention not reapplying lipstick/lipgloss. I reapply about three times a day.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 30th June 2010, 6:27 pm

@npmoore04... I agree. After all that is wiped off I start reaching for the Carmex.

@ChrsLvsBks... The pink is nice!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 1st July 2010, 7:54 am

npmo (and others); what kind of lip moisturizer do u use? i was using the burt bee's but since it melted in my car...i need to find another one. i dont think i've EVER finished a "lip chap" (saphyri from flavor of love, lol)

@chrs; i like how u did a hint of the hot pink...oooow!! lookin good.

well im FINALLY gettin more comfortable into using UD Zero (black) color...EEEK!!

i put the zero on the outer part (blended in) and added green and gold...didnt come out quite as expected [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] cuz my green kinda meshed wit the zero! EEEK!!

let me know if u can see these pics cuz my pic attachment above aint working [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 1st July 2010, 8:56 am

Nubie the pics aren't showing up
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next