CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc.

+48
Serenity23
NaturalTina
ElleX
KinkyNappyHappy
TheRYL1
ShontaeB
cutephantasm
popsbaby
curly-me-naturally
carfi366
DvaAuNaturel
mrsmackey
HAMPTONSFNST
SighSidhe
TMS
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
SisterBoyd
poeticlyspkng
neethair
AfrikanLatina
naturalchic
priceless
iri9109
GeminiNaps
jessimae
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
missmoriah
BajanPrincess82
Nikcoils
FemmeFox
brandiitneka
sweetdrk1
CocaColaCutie
NubieNatty
YuNeka V.
tiashaunteƩ
CurlsGalore
jac.attack
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
Juices-n-Berries
nikismiles
jlowman1
Karyn
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
52 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

If you wear makeup, is it on point?

Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 12 I_vote_lcap29%Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 34 ]
Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 12 I_vote_lcap3%Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 12 I_vote_lcap44%Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 51 ]
Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 12 I_vote_lcap13%Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 15 ]
Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 12 I_vote_lcap10%Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 116

Poll closed

Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 12 Empty Re: Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc.

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th May 2010, 1:18 pm

@neethair, I am using a liquid-like concealer by NYX. It is CW08. I also CW07, a bit too light. I sometimes blend them to get the right color.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 12 Empty Re: Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc.

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th May 2010, 1:37 pm

Remember I mentioned I purchased a MAC brush set. Well, I have not received it yet so I decided to see 1) if I had sent payment-I had, 2) checked address, it was correct and 3) looked up tracking info, was shipped and "delivered" Wednesday, May 19 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I sent it to my office. Now wondering if I will ever get it since the USPS shows delivered almost a week ago. It was nearly $50, please hope I get it, thanks.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 25th May 2010, 1:37 pm

neethair wrote:I love this thread!!!

Hi Ladies,

I have very sensative skin (in fact it is peeling right now)a hot mess. Once I finish shedding like a snake, I can use foundation to even out my skin. I have been using Presciptives but they are no longer in business. Does anyone use a "gentle" foundation?

I'm lovin all the "Eye Art". I have to up my eye game. I do use Urban Decay primer for my natural looks but I'm going to have to check out there eye pencils. Thanks ladies you all look FAABBBB!!!!!

neutrogena has a foundation that my mother uses for her sensitive skin that peels also she get it from walgreens or walmart
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 25th May 2010, 1:40 pm

@ chrs Do they have the person that signed for it? i hope that you recieve it to that is a lot of money
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th May 2010, 1:46 pm

priceless wrote:@ chrs Do they have the person that signed for it? i hope that you recieve it to that is a lot of money
Unfortunately not, it just shows delivered. What gets me is the site says delivery at 10:30 AM. Our mail is usually delivered around 2 or so. It was sent first class mail so I don't think a signature was required. I am going to call the post office in the morning to see what steps I may take to get my money back or something. I am hopeful it will work itself out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 25th May 2010, 2:04 pm

You ladies are looking gorgeous! All I go to say is you go nubie!!! I love those colors on you!

Chrs love that Cateye it looks pretty!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 25th May 2010, 2:11 pm

Thanks Chrs & Priceless.

Chrs does the packages go to a mailroom? They do here and the last time it took them over a week to get a package from the mailroom. If not, the woman w/ the well made-up face has your brushes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , Just Jokin. I'm sure you will get them soon.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 25th May 2010, 3:03 pm

I am so addicted to this site. I had a 10 day stay in CN rehab so I missed all of this good info. Today, I have totally relapsed. I have been on this site for the last 2 hours. I even ate lunch at my desk so I can stay on...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I need to find a happy middle because when I stay away I'm on more to catch up.

Anywoo, I have a couple questions...

1) What are the basic steps to putting on make-up? (ie. concealer , foundation than powder.......)

2) What is the best way to get a barely there look?

3) I have oily skin, so I use a primer for my lids. Is there a primer for the skin?

4) Where can I find "natural" products? Oil free of course...

Thanks ladies
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th May 2010, 9:26 pm

wow chrs; i hope u find those brushes, if not PRIVATE NUBIE is on it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !!

so glad u joined neet cuz u have been MIA for a minute!! i dont think u need foundation so i'd go w/chrs recommendations of a tint moisturizer.

i cant answer all ur questions but i'd say a good primer for skin is moisturizer; as far as natural products...i think pam has a friend who has mineral makeup but i cant think of any others other than the ones i see in target n etc.

barely there look is pretty much less is more...mascara, neutral shadows and some blush for a dewy sunkissed look...pop on some lipgloss and VOILA!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 26th May 2010, 10:22 am

Thanks Nubie. I have my shopping list and the tint moisturizer and concealer that Chrs recommended it first on the list. I've worn foundation before to give me fuller coverage but I think I'm going to try this first before looking into foundation. I think it will allow my skin to breath better than heavy foundation.

I have to figure out what will works best for my skin so I'm going to start slow w/ the basic.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Anything New--Tips, Looks, Etc. - Page 12 Empty Today's and Yesterday's Looks

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th May 2010, 1:38 pm

@npmoore, thanks!

@neethair, I use a primer over my tinted moisturizer and under my foundation (when I wear it). I apply moisturizer, conceal dark spots and blemishes, buff out then apply primer and use large brush to buff everything out some more.

I have a BSS primer and one by Mary Kay.

I put on my brows then shadow then do my face--cheeks and lips.

===================================================

I love today's look and yesterday's. I wish I had better pictures of today's because the colors are subtle but there, yanno what I mean.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 26th May 2010, 2:14 pm

WOW, I am in awe over these eyes. i would love to wear this stuff but my allergies and my eye rubbing will not allow me. I have to dress my lips up instead of my eyes. however i love coming in here to see what you guys got going on.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 26th May 2010, 2:39 pm

Chrs, WHAT!!!! Maaaaan you got skills. Your eyes look great. Lovin the purple on you.... SASSY. Your blending skills are SERIOUS. That's what I need to work on.

I love your today's and yesterday's looks. Well done!!! Thanks for the info for primer and the tips. I have a date at Sephora this weekend.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th May 2010, 4:34 pm

OMG Chrs!! Amazing!! Now do you use a primer or a base on your eyes first?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 26th May 2010, 5:35 pm

Hey ladies I love coming here everyday to say everyones beautiful faces and looks. Chrs. You are looking good.

I have a look today that is kind of similar to the one from the other day but I used all different colors and this time i actually use a highlight. I usually don't use one but today i did. Also I didn't use eyeliner. Just mascara. I feel that eyeliner sometimes makes a look to dramatic and i wanted something fresh and glamorous. I used my lipstick that i always use called "politely pink" by MAC and I love it Smile i hope you like.
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 26th May 2010, 5:44 pm

@Missmoriahiscurly- Very Glam......
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 26th May 2010, 6:27 pm

Perfect Arched Eyebrow

Very simple moriah! Love it!

Hey Ladies I am trying to improve my eybrows. I can"t stand waxing only had it done twice and cursed the lady out ech time due to the pain and the wax being to freaking hot. I usually will do some clean up plucking (strands here and there) I have a natural arch, but looked for a video on filling in my eyebrows and and i wanted to share for those with thin eyebrows or thicker ones like mine i picked up a few tips. it's up there ^^^
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 26th May 2010, 6:38 pm

neethair wrote:I am so addicted to this site. I had a 10 day stay in CN rehab so I missed all of this good info. Today, I have totally relapsed. I have been on this site for the last 2 hours. I even ate lunch at my desk so I can stay on...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I need to find a happy middle because when I stay away I'm on more to catch up.

1) What are the basic steps to putting on make-up? (ie. concealer , foundation than powder.......)
I usually apply concealer to my dark spots around my eyes and blemishes. Then i apply MAC Studio Tech it is a cream/powder mix foundation. Then i go to my eyes apply primer, eyeshadow (1 to 3) depending on the look i am trying to acheive, eyeliner, then mascara, on my lips i apply a lip moisturizer before applying lip stick or lip liner/lip gloss so that i have a have a softer application and no crusty lip look later.
For a barely there look you may want to go staple products(foundation/concealer , mascara and neutral shadows and lip products) this is a great way to have a five minute look. Everyone skin is different so i don't wear foundation every day sometimes i just do a simple eyeshadow some mascara and a gloss.
3) I have oily skin, so I use a primer for my lids. Is there a primer for the skin?
i only use primer for my lids also
i don't know, there are a few mineral powder lines they have out there at sephora and the body shop.
Thanks ladies

HTH!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 27th May 2010, 12:03 am

@npmoore- Thanks this is very helpful. Also, thanks for the eyebrow video. I put it in my faves.

npmoore04 wrote:
neethair wrote:I am so addicted to this site. I had a 10 day stay in CN rehab so I missed all of this good info. Today, I have totally relapsed. I have been on this site for the last 2 hours. I even ate lunch at my desk so I can stay on...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I need to find a happy middle because when I stay away I'm on more to catch up.

I usually apply concealer to my dark spots around my eyes and blemishes. Then i apply MAC Studio Tech it is a cream/powder mix foundation. Then i go to my eyes apply primer, eyeshadow (1 to 3) depending on the look i am trying to acheive, eyeliner, then mascara, on my lips i apply a lip moisturizer before applying lip stick or lip liner/lip gloss so that i have a have a softer application and no crusty lip look later.
For a barely there look you may want to go staple products(foundation/concealer , mascara and neutral shadows and lip products) this is a great way to have a five minute look. Everyone skin is different so i don't wear foundation every day sometimes i just do a simple eyeshadow some mascara and a gloss.
i only use primer for my lids also
i don't know, there are a few mineral powder lines they have out there at sephora and the body shop.
Thanks ladies

HTH!
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 27th May 2010, 1:41 pm

My jump into the world of color! Inspiration: YOU GUYS!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Im still learning and playing but I think I did pretty good, I need to work on blending better and not going past my eye to the side of my head [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I used (in order):

Eyes: Two Faced Eyeshadow Insurance
Coastal Scents 88 Palette - Gold color for inner lid, Blue/Navy for outer lid and lighter Gold as a highlight
BSS eyeliner on lower lash line (snapped pic before I put it on)
Maybelline's Pulse Perfection Mascara

Lips:
MAC's Freckletone lipstick
Victoria's Secret Slice of Heaven lip gloss
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 27th May 2010, 2:41 pm

scotch tape on eye for a cleaner look

cute jlo! At first i thought you had blended laker purple and gold colors...lol The blue and gold is very lovely!

Oh i've seen on some yt vids that some make ladies put scotch tape on the side of there eye so that the eyeshadow doesn't go on the side of your face. I saw it on if you want to see a visual of how she does it.

mymakeupmania.blogspot.com
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 27th May 2010, 2:45 pm

npmoore04 wrote:scotch tape on eye for a cleaner look

cute jlo! At first i thought you had blended laker purple and gold colors...lol The blue and gold is very lovely!

Oh i've seen on some yt vids that some make ladies put scotch tape on the side of there eye so that the eyeshadow doesn't go on the side of your face. I saw it on if you want to see a visual of how she does it.

mymakeupmania.blogspot.com

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I didnt even think about that, it does look like Laker colors! Haha, Its actually blue though, my cheap camera makes it look purple! Thanks for the tip, Im going to give that a try...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 27th May 2010, 2:53 pm

Very pretty jlowman!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th May 2010, 3:09 pm

jlo; u look good n i think u blended quite well. also for the outer part of ur eyes blend IN and for the inner part blend OUT that way theyll come together perfectly...EEEEK did lil ol me just give a tip [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

npmo; i needed that tip for my brows, thnx
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 27th May 2010, 3:43 pm

jlowman1 wrote:My jump into the world of color! Inspiration: YOU GUYS!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Im still learning and playing but I think I did pretty good, I need to work on blending better and not going past my eye to the side of my head [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I used (in order):

Eyes: Two Faced Eyeshadow Insurance
Coastal Scents 88 Palette - Gold color for inner lid, Blue/Navy for outer lid and lighter Gold as a highlight
BSS eyeliner on lower lash line (snapped pic before I put it on)
Maybelline's Pulse Perfection Mascara

Lips:
MAC's Freckletone lipstick
Victoria's Secret Slice of Heaven lip gloss

girl you did good for saying you jus starting out Ilove those colors keep it up i think i have a new love for make up lol
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next