CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I put a rinse over henna & my hair turned black...should I bleach?!

4 posters

Go down

I put a rinse over henna & my hair turned black...should I bleach?! Empty I put a rinse over henna & my hair turned black...should I bleach?!

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 3rd May 2010, 11:59 am

Hey Guys!
About a month ago I put a chocolate rinse over my previously hennaed(about 2 mos prior) and new growth and the hair that had been hennaed is jet black and the color aint budging. I used Dulhan henna twice in January and never read that u shouldn't dye after you've henna'd because hair can turn black or green Shocked
But too late.....all my beautiful natural hair I've grown over the months is Jet Black and I need to get rid of it because my natural hair is sandy brown and it's looking crazy now with my new growth.
Should I bleach it or just apply a permanent dye?! I hate the thought of bleaching bcuz I know how it crunchifies my hair but......I'm desperate!!! Please weigh in!!!!!! Sad
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

I put a rinse over henna & my hair turned black...should I bleach?! Empty Re: I put a rinse over henna & my hair turned black...should I bleach?!

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd May 2010, 12:20 pm

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I have no advice to offer ... I hope someone would chime.

I personally wouldn't do bleach on top of everything else you have going on.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

I put a rinse over henna & my hair turned black...should I bleach?! Empty Re: I put a rinse over henna & my hair turned black...should I bleach?!

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 3rd May 2010, 12:25 pm

Darn I was hoping that you or blondie would have some saffe bleaching tips for me pale

Awww man......I'm gonna have to do something though. I cant have black and brown hair for the rest of my life.
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 3rd May 2010, 2:28 pm

How about wait & grow it out? It won't be that way for the rest of your life & I'm sure in the summer sun it will begin to lighten up as well.

I say chill with the hair color for now. Unless you hair was a sandy brown I would think the color difference shouldn't be that drastic or noticed.
What color were you trying to achieve by dying on top of the henna?

Got pics?

Last edited by Jonezy on 3rd May 2010, 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 3rd May 2010, 3:52 pm

I agree with the ladies. Bleaching, in my opinion, would be too harsh considering what you have already done.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd May 2010, 4:34 pm

Well Blondie may chime in on this one - but I don't think she ever used Henna (I could be mistaken though)

I don't do bleach to achieve my color.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 3rd May 2010, 5:07 pm

I put a rinse on top of the henna because I did not want to continue hennaing my hair red. Henna is not my cup of tea.
@Jonezy: my natural hair color growing in is medium brown and my ends are black....yes theres a HUGE notable difference.

I'm just gonna go to a stylist and get it done professionally.
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd May 2010, 5:22 pm

Sounds good - please be sure to let the stylist know what you have done thus far ... so the lines of communication are clear and he/she can advise accordingly.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down