CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One side won't grow!!

4 posters

Go down

One side won't grow!! Empty One side won't grow!!

Post by Curlock Holmes 30th April 2010, 6:36 pm

The front part of my hair on the left just won't seem to get past this one length! I'd say its mostly to my eyebrow, with some shorter and longer pieces.. it's a straight up mess, I just don't understand it. The right side is down to my nose right now! The only thing I can think of is that I sleep on my stomach with the left side on the pillow, but I'd think that I'd be having this problem on the entire side of my head, not just in the front. I also part my hair on the left normally, could that be a culprit?Anyone else have/had this problem? Is there something I can do to help this 'slow' patch catch up?
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

One side won't grow!! Empty Re: One side won't grow!!

Post by Peachtree 1st May 2010, 1:48 pm

Slow growing hair (in spots) can be very disappointing. As a early natural, my crown hit a stand still; it did not appear to be growing at all!!! To make matters worse, my crown hairs hold the most shrinkage; about 80%!!! Well, through trial and error, I began massaging my crown with a mixture of warmed Rosemary EO &/or Peppermint EO with EVOO or Jojoba oil. I would apply the warmed oil to my scalp and make little massaging circles with my finger tips. This really helped to draw blood to the area thus stimulating the hair follicles. Over time (i'd say 8 months), I noticed increased growth in my crown. That was 2003; fast forward to 2010, my crown is just as long as the rest of my hair, but it still holds the greatest shrinkage percentage. If you choose this method, just remember you must exercise patience and you will have to be consistent. Massage every night, twice a day if time permits.

Also, make sure to incorporate some type of method to retain the growth. All of that work just to lose the growth to breakage is even more disappointing. Moisturize then seal your ends, be extra gentle with your hair, cover your hair with a satin cap, love it, baby it... then you will be able to see some length!!!

HTH
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgainCurlz 3rd May 2010, 12:09 am

Thanks for the post peachtree i'm having the same problem with the hair behind my right ear. makes it look like a have a big bald spot when i let my hair out lol i'll be sure to start this regiment
BornAgainCurlz
BornAgainCurlz

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 4th May 2010, 5:48 pm

The back of my hair grows significantly slower than the front. The front sides are almost APL while the back only reaches my collarbone, stretched of course.

Recently I've been wearing twists pinned up and within two months I noticed a growth difference. In addition to my usual wash regimen, I used castor oil on my roots, made sure I moisturized and sealed the twists when I did them, used a veggie glycerin/rosemary/peppermint oil mix every other day and moisturized every day with either Devacurl set it free or Oyin Juices and Berries.

I think the difference for me was the low maintenance. I didn't give my hair an opportunity to break off and made sure it had all the moisture it needed so it was able to retain the growth. Just a suggestion. It worked for me so I figured i'd pass along the info. HTH!
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down