CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

+96
Renny
ladybug
jeanlouisangel
kekesmum
Corygentri
MsJay1121
naturallynola
KeAnia
curl_Gurl
envizionj
prettybrown213
queenshakirah
cha_phylicia
summerbreeze76
NaturalTina
Kez
wyldhoney
cyclingchick
Ms.Mai
freckledmom4
kim
Hurricane Curly
Neems
MomnWife
WhosThatRedHead
newcurlieque
nattyblog
coilykinks
xtremelyperfect
Buttercup76
natural83
jamaicacurl
TriniCherryPrincess
priceless
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curly-me-naturally
swoodward
LaToya28
*CurlyNikki*
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
mstokes2008
ladykay6
jlowman1
TMS
Pinkrage
CuddleCurls
Curly_Aquarius
vmichelle
curlsunfurled
naturalmommyGA
iri9109
NhappyJackie
CurlsGalore
newday
LadyMika
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
Notthecoolmom
Curlz of Luv
EmbracingNaturalMe
krazy coils
SheeTacular
CocoEuro
.:Eden:.
AfrikanLatina
Muz
TheRYL1
Karyn
NylaCoils
Lynnieluve
A85
dajewel
Roschelle
MellowOne
SisterBoyd
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
DvaAuNaturel
Intelligentbeauty
Mz. Thang
FemmeFox
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
crvng4mr
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
tiashaunteƩ
sweetdrk1
bholmes87
Juices-n-Berries
jcanalena79
TerraD
100 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th November 2010, 2:49 pm

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0174
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0175
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0176
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

Post by sweetdrk1 12th November 2010, 4:36 pm

Looking good Chrys! I was thinking of you and the breakage. The same thing happened to me when my granny was sick. Stress will take it's toll. I am sure you will figure it out!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th November 2010, 5:26 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0174
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0175
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0176

This is soo pretty!!! Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 12th November 2010, 11:38 pm

SO cute...maybe I won't cut my hair. I wanna be like you Very Happy
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 15th November 2010, 6:14 pm

Chrs!
Your hair looks beautiful and you look so slim! How are you doing dear?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th November 2010, 2:30 pm

@sweet, I am usually, I think, good at stress. Who knows?

@knh, thanks lady!

@notthecoolmom, I can only imagine what it is like to have two heads to care for.

@Femme, heeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy there lady! Hope all is going well. Things are going good for me. Grace is needing some special attention--breakage in a couple of areas. I was the WnG lady for many months. I think it took its toll on my hair. How are you?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th November 2010, 2:56 pm

Koils by Nature review:

Hydrating Shealoe Conditioner - Great DC--rich and thick; leaves my hair silky smooth; great moisturizing product with natural ingredients; will definitely repurchase; it is up there with my beloved DB conditioner

Hydrating Shealone Leave in Conditioner - Good LI; I needed too much of it to cover my hair especially since I was doing WnGs every two to three days; it was moisturizing

Herbal Soothing Lavender & Eucalyptus Gel - Again I needed too much for my WnGs; I will use it for holding my twists; it dries without the crunch

Replenishing Lavender & Eucalyptus Cleanser - Good cleanser; it foams so I had a hard time figuring out how much to use; my hair did not feel stripped after using it

Nourishing Hair & Body Butter - Divine scents; Grace is finicky when it comes to butters in the summer; product was too heavy for my WnGs; will definitely use it in the fall and winter when PSing; a little goes a long way for me
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th November 2010, 4:04 pm

Great review! I haven't used everything..just the butter, LI and gel. Love them!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 18th November 2010, 9:14 pm

Great review Chrs! KBN is on my list for Black Friday... I haven't seen one bad review on her products and I hear she has awesome customer service.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 19th November 2010, 10:23 am

Good review Chrs,

I just purchased 2 bottles of the LI and 2 gels and another butter. I guess I need to try the conditioner as well. I love her butters and gel already.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th November 2010, 2:36 pm

Hey Chrs! Loving your buns. LOL! Ummmm... your pinned up hair. Smile Your hair always looks so shiny and healthy no matter what style its in. I love KBN so far too. The leave-in is perfect for my hair. I'm planning to buy some of that. I' have the shealoe conditioner too but haven't used it yet. Maybe this weekend. Great review. Thanks!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th November 2010, 10:46 pm

Glad the review has helped!

This week my hair has been in braids. I was inspired by a style ForeverCurlyCatrina did. I could not recreate it but did okay. I made a small mix of aloe gro (1.5 part aloe vera gel to 1 part distilled water with EOs of peppermint, rosemary and tea tree). I spritzed my hair nightly with the aloe gro and moisturized with JC's leave in or Bee Mine's Bee Luscious Moisturizer. I also applied Bee Mine's hair and scalp treatment to my parts. My head was starting to itch about mid-week. My hair also starts to frizz pretty quickly. I did not use any holding product when I did them. I did put on MyJoie Hair Gel a few times but the frizz returned. I am thinking of using CJ's aloe fix to help with hold with this week's style.

Not sure how I am going to style my hair this week. I am thinking of an updo with twists or braids. I do know I will be doing a hot oil treatment with EVOO, pre-pooing, cleansing with Hairveda's Amala Cream Cleanser, dc'ing with Bee Mine's Bee-u-tiful DC and moisturizing with the Bee Luscious Moisturizer. I need to keep using ing the moisturizer. I think something in it causes my hair to feel different--not dry or anything but not moisturized like most of my things.

I am going to do my darndest to not purchase anything else for a good long while. My goal is to take a picture of all the products I currently have because it is really ridiculous how much stuff I have and have yet to use--RIDICULOUS!!!!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 19th November 2010, 10:54 pm

Great review. Nice to have another DC in mind that's on par with DB.

Your hair looks fab.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 19th November 2010, 11:38 pm

hey chrs!!
i just read thru some of your thread...how's your mom doing? your fam will be in my prayers..

i came thru to search for some ayurveda tips...the 2 indian stores near my house where so overwhelming lol they had so much stuff but i couldnt read alot of the labels on some oils that looked good, and alot of ones that looked good were based in mineral oil. anyways i got some more vatika coconut oil, brahmi, maka (which after, i got i spent so much time looking for bhingraj, and i couldnt find it, then i got home and saw theyre the same thing), shikakai, castor oil (so cheap there...2.99), and rosewater (idk why just sounded fancy lol). i wanted fenugreek but i only saw the seeds...they had methi powder which is the same as fenugreek but i didnt know that when i was there so i didnt get it...also i forgot to get amla, but i will tommorow.
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 20th November 2010, 12:35 pm

Hey Chrs! It's been a while since I've stopped by your house. First, thank God for the praise report for your mother! I saw your prayer request on FB and I'm glad it all went well. Prayers still going up for her!

I feel you on the ends. I think it's in the water, because I'm dealing with frazzled ends, too. I've been shedding more than normal, so I think that's a sign. I love your PS buns. So shiny and full! I'm not quite at the length to do simple buns, but I hope to be by the Spring. I'm sure you know exactly what to do to nurse your hair back to health! You're a pro!

I think I'm going to jump on the KBN bandwagon, too! I hear nothing but great things about her products. I'm going to put that on my Christmas list. Stay beautiful, Chrs! Gorgeous avi, btw!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 22nd November 2010, 7:07 pm

Hi Chrs,

Your hair is looking gorgeous! I love reading all the product reviews. I'm trying to pare down what I have to just my HG items (not too many of those yet but it's getting better). I have enough extra product to have an Etsy store lol!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd November 2010, 2:29 pm

@Renny, in addition to KbN shealoe conditioner, Bee Mineā€™s Bee-U-Ti-Ful DC is on par with DBā€™s DC.

Thanks for the compliment.

@iri, mom is doing good. She has to go back for surgery December 3. They have to get some more of the cancer.

Ayurveda is good, IMO. Sounds like you have a good supply. Maka is one of the better herbs. I use rosewater mixed with witch hazel as a toner. I also use it to mix my facial masks. Check out the ayurvedic thread under Hair Challenges. There is some great information there.

@Curls, thanks for the prayers for my mom, stopping by and the compliments.

@FemmeFox, I feel you on paring down. That is my goal. I am going to take pictures of my products this holiday weekend. I think showing my stash to others and reading their feedback will help me get better control of my PJism. I will always try new products but want to not purchase them until I use most, if not all, of what I have.

This weekend, I pre-pooed Friday night, cleansed Saturday with Hairvedaā€™s amala cream cleanser and DC with Bee Mineā€™s Bee-U-Ti-Ful DC. I got under the steamer about an hour after applying the DC. I rinsed in cool water and applied LI (using Kimmaytubeā€™s mix substituting the KK with Curls) and Bee Mine Bee Luscious Moisturizer. I watched a number of YT videos on PSing. I decided to try one crownofHisglory did called challah twist or something like that. Here is my version.

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0184
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0185
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0186
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0188
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd November 2010, 2:49 pm

HEY CHRS. I HAVE NOT BEEN HERE IN A WHILE. YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 23rd November 2010, 3:15 pm

Loving the hair Chrs! The updo is fierce! How long are you going keep Grace in that style?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd November 2010, 4:27 pm

CrissyQ wrote:HEY CHRS. I HAVE NOT BEEN HERE IN A WHILE. YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT!
Hi Crissy! Thanks for stopping in!

FemmeFox wrote:Loving the hair Chrs! The updo is fierce! How long are you going keep Grace in that style?
Thanks Femme, I wore it Sunday and yesterday. I took it down last night. The pins and ponytail holders were uncomfortable.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd November 2010, 6:13 pm

Girrrrrllllll!!!!! That daggone crown of glory you workin is THE BOMB!!! I threw up a couple of gang signs and crip walked when I saw it. I need to get down with your crew! LOL! Seriously though - I LOVE IT!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd November 2010, 7:08 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Girrrrrllllll!!!!! That daggone crown of glory you workin is THE BOMB!!! I threw up a couple of gang signs and crip walked when I saw it. I need to get down with your crew! LOL! Seriously though - I LOVE IT!
LOL! You are funny as HECK!!!! Thanks for the smile and compliment, LOL!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th November 2010, 5:17 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Added an orange flower to today's bun. Moisturized with CJ's CCC this morning.
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0192
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0193

I think I am going to fail at not purchasing anything Friday or Monday. Koils by Nature is having a $10 sale on her shealoe conditioner, and I think Darcy's is having a sale on their larger version of the deep conditioning mask I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you this DC. Those will be the only two items I will purchase.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th November 2010, 6:12 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:@Renny, in addition to KbN shealoe conditioner, Bee Mine’s Bee-U-Ti-Ful DC is on par with DB’s DC.

Thanks for the compliment.

@iri, mom is doing good. She has to go back for surgery December 3. They have to get some more of the cancer.

Ayurveda is good, IMO. Sounds like you have a good supply. Maka is one of the better herbs. I use rosewater mixed with witch hazel as a toner. I also use it to mix my facial masks. Check out the ayurvedic thread under Hair Challenges. There is some great information there.

@Curls, thanks for the prayers for my mom, stopping by and the compliments.

@FemmeFox, I feel you on paring down. That is my goal. I am going to take pictures of my products this holiday weekend. I think showing my stash to others and reading their feedback will help me get better control of my PJism. I will always try new products but want to not purchase them until I use most, if not all, of what I have.

This weekend, I pre-pooed Friday night, cleansed Saturday with Hairveda’s amala cream cleanser and DC with Bee Mine’s Bee-U-Ti-Ful DC. I got under the steamer about an hour after applying the DC. I rinsed in cool water and applied LI (using Kimmaytube’s mix substituting the KK with Curls) and Bee Mine Bee Luscious Moisturizer. I watched a number of YT videos on PSing. I decided to try one crownofHisglory did called challah twist or something like that. Here is my version.

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0184
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0185
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0186
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 37 Img_0188

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MOM. WOW, MY PRAYERS WILL BE WITH HER.

I love this pin up!! This is beautiful!!
Happy thanksgiving Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 25th November 2010, 12:50 pm

Yep Chrs on the KBN! Me too! I'll be online waiting to press SEND!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next