CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

+96
Renny
ladybug
jeanlouisangel
kekesmum
Corygentri
MsJay1121
naturallynola
KeAnia
curl_Gurl
envizionj
prettybrown213
queenshakirah
cha_phylicia
summerbreeze76
NaturalTina
Kez
wyldhoney
cyclingchick
Ms.Mai
freckledmom4
kim
Hurricane Curly
Neems
MomnWife
WhosThatRedHead
newcurlieque
nattyblog
coilykinks
xtremelyperfect
Buttercup76
natural83
jamaicacurl
TriniCherryPrincess
priceless
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curly-me-naturally
swoodward
LaToya28
*CurlyNikki*
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
mstokes2008
ladykay6
jlowman1
TMS
Pinkrage
CuddleCurls
Curly_Aquarius
vmichelle
curlsunfurled
naturalmommyGA
iri9109
NhappyJackie
CurlsGalore
newday
LadyMika
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
Notthecoolmom
Curlz of Luv
EmbracingNaturalMe
krazy coils
SheeTacular
CocoEuro
.:Eden:.
AfrikanLatina
Muz
TheRYL1
Karyn
NylaCoils
Lynnieluve
A85
dajewel
Roschelle
MellowOne
SisterBoyd
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
DvaAuNaturel
Intelligentbeauty
Mz. Thang
FemmeFox
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
crvng4mr
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
tiashaunteƩ
sweetdrk1
bholmes87
Juices-n-Berries
jcanalena79
TerraD
100 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 30 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

Post by poeticlyspkng 17th September 2010, 4:06 pm

Your hair is so thick and curly and DARK! Does the henna do that? I see the red from it around your fringes. I have the same thing which is why I'm really trying to color my hair some time in the very near future. Like Sunday.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 30 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

Post by LaToya28 17th September 2010, 4:54 pm

Hey Chris,
I see you are doing your thing with the makeup and weight loss. Good job!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 30 Empty Too Much Oil, Lesson Learned

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th September 2010, 11:26 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Your hair is so thick and curly and DARK! Does the henna do that? I see the red from it around your fringes. I have the same thing which is why I'm really trying to color my hair some time in the very near future. Like Sunday.
I have always had a lot of hair. It is quite dense. I think a number of things contribute to the curls. Henna may contribute to my hair clumping better--creating a better curl IMO. As far as the dark, it is henna and indigo. I did it last weekend after using henna. The red around my fringe is my gray colored by the henna and indigo.

LaToya28 wrote:Hey Chris,
I see you are doing your thing with the makeup and weight loss. Good job!
Thanks LaToya28!

The plan was to wear a large full three day old WnG for today's meetup (had fun BTW). Well, I have a cold, dealing with allergies, something. So instead of twisting hair in three large twists, I fell asleep without my bonnet on my satin pillowcase. Let's just say there was no way to salvage my hair. I did the following.

Detangled in small sections with a mix of water and Suave (less than 10% Suave)
Applied shea and oil mix
Twisted hair in eight sections then put them in two bantu knots (one on each side)
Let that sit for a couple of hours
Rinsed hair in warm then cold water
Plopped for about an hour in Bed Bath & Beyond flour sack (near kitchen towels)
Sprayed sections with ACV and water (1T to 2c of water)
Applied CJ CCC, coconut oil & sweet almond oil then Curls Goddess Glaze

Hair was less defined than I wanted and way more oily. I used too much oil. Here are a couple of pictures from today.
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 30 01010
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 30 00510
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th September 2010, 10:25 am

u do have alot of curly clumps!! glad u had fun at the meetup...PICS..PICS..PICS bounce lol, u did sound like a man when i called but i thought it was cuz it was in the morning "gooood morning too you" **barry white voice**

glad to know where i can find u (to drop mason off) to do my hair and i can get my henna done correctly! how often do u henna again? we can do henna days Cool
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th September 2010, 11:48 am

@Nubie, lady you are a trip, LOL! I had my camera Saturday. I did not take pictures though Neutral. You can view them on FB under Natural Minds.
Mason is even more adorable in person. I'm sure he is a charmer. I try to henna every four weeks. I do it overnight now usu. on a Friday or Saturday. Did you find out what happened to happy2b (sp?)?

I need to get my act together. I did not feel like doing anything to my hair last night so I had to get up this morning and do it. Well, I like to sleep to the last minute. So, I was rushing more than usual. I detangled with Suave mix twisted hair in six sections (normally like Cool then rinsed hair in cold water & applied CJ CCCC followed by EVOO and Curls Goddess Glaze to dripping wet hair. I plopped for about 40 minutes in my Walmart flour sack. It's about four hours later and my hair is about 80% dry.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 20th September 2010, 12:30 pm

Good Morning ChrsLvsBlks. Just stopping through to see your gorgeous pics.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th September 2010, 2:44 pm

You are rocking the makeup! I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 30 Empty Hairveda Until October 11

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st September 2010, 12:19 pm

NhappyJackie wrote:Good Morning ChrsLvsBlks. Just stopping through to see your gorgeous pics.
Hi *waving*! Thanks for dropping by.

sweetdrk1 wrote:You are rocking the makeup! I love it!
Thanks sweet!

Last night, I detangled using lavender water (water with lavender EO, nothing fancy y'all) and Giovanni 50-50 conditioner. Grace felt dry yesterday. I applied shea oil mix on ends and put on plastic bag. I let it sit for about three hours then co-washed, scalp only with CJ daily smoothing conditioner (smells good). Rinsed Grace in warm water then cold water. Oh yeah, hair was in 10 twists from after detangling on.

Plopped for a few minutes then applied Hairveda Whipped Cream (nickel size) as leave in then Vatika Frosting (think half the size of a standard ink pen top) and Whipped Gelly. I put hair in pineapple for overnight styling and put on satin headwrap. I was very pleased this morning to see my hair was well moisturized and clumped curls. I shook my head a bit then applied a bit more whipped cream to my sides and crown. Oh yeah, the products smell so good, all of them.

Still have to provide review of Koils by Nature products. I hope to get it done by end of week.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd September 2010, 10:34 am

I do not know why I cannot leave well enough alone. This is what happened.

Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, I added a variety of products to my hair. Why? I do not know. From what I remember, I used Blended Beauty Kick for Curls (refresher), mix of tea, aloe vera juice & EVOO, Hairveda's Whipped Cream & Hairveda's Vatika Frosting. The result was big, undefined hair. It was also not soft. I would not describe it as hard but it definitely was not soft.

Last night I spritzed hair with tea, EVOO & aloe vera juice mix then put in some of my shea mix. My hair was an oily mess. Uggggh, I planned to not have to cleanse for a couple of more days. That was not going to happen. Oh well, I got the chance to use the Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse. I detangled this morning with Oyin HHC and water then used the Rinse to cleanse. I applied Suave as my rinse out conditioner. Afterward, I used the flour sack to soak up excess water. In eight sections I applied the Whipped Cream, Vatika Frosting and Whipped Gelly. I plopped in a dry flour sack for about 15 minutes. Styled hair and put in beautiful orange crocheted flower (received as gift at last weekā€™s Natural Minds meetup).

My goal for today and tomorrow, is to not apply any liquid moisturizer or shea mix to my hair. I will use my shea mix for pre-pooing and conditioning. It is too oil for anything else. Note to self, not so much oil next time. I know I can add more shea butter to it but do not want to do so.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd September 2010, 11:17 am

Hey Chrs- so were you pleased with how your hair looks today after all the challenges?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd September 2010, 11:31 am

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Chrs- so were you pleased with how your hair looks today after all the challenges?
Love the avatar--so sassy ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 30 Icon_wink !

Hard to tell yet, it is still quite damp.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 23rd September 2010, 11:36 am

Love the Tee Chrs a few pics up ' Thank God im Natural' . . with the Fro on it! afro
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 23rd September 2010, 11:38 am

OMG! I got one of the orange hair flower too! pics of how you styled with it--so I can copy? i mean make my own rendition thanks in advance Smile
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 24th September 2010, 1:29 am

hi crs! i have a question, is amla supposed to be gritty? i mixed it with water but when i applied it it started to crumble
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 24th September 2010, 4:11 pm

Hey Chrs! Just passing through...

Man, even your "bad" hair days look good! cheers

I bought me some make-up brushes...and some pencils and more eyeshadow...I gotta get to practicing! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 24th September 2010, 5:18 pm

Hey Big Sis! So I think I'm going to try to go to the health foods store this weekend (I'm running dangerously low on my beloved Castor Oil) and I think I want to get some Aloe Vera Gel, what kind should I get? I think I remember going before and it was Aleo Vera Juice, is that the same thing? I was totally confused so I didn't get it, but with Winter coming up I want to see if I can make my shea butter mix even MORE moisturizing Smile

And of course you are looking fab as usual!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th September 2010, 5:19 pm

Kez wrote:Love the Tee Chrs a few pics up ' Thank God im Natural' . . with the Fro on it! afro
You can have your very own Kez, Chris-Tia Donaldson, author of the book with the same name sells them. She is coming out with new colors for the fall and a hoodie.

CocaColaCutie wrote:OMG! I got one of the orange hair flower too! pics of how you styled with it--so I can copy? i mean make my own rendition thanks in advance Smile
I had a regular old WnG with a side part. I’ll see if I have a good picture of it.

NaturalTina wrote:hi crs! i have a question, is amla supposed to be gritty? i mixed it with water but when i applied it it started to crumble
Yes, amla may be gritty. If it crumbled, more water is required. I usually like the consistency of thick yogurt/sour cream. Also, I use warm to hot water.

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Chrs! Just passing through...

Man, even your "bad" hair days look good! cheers

I bought me some make-up brushes...and some pencils and more eyeshadow...I gotta get to practicing! ;-)
I look forward to your looks. Have a great weekend!

I did good last night and sorta good this morning. I applied a little Whipped Cream on my ends last night. Now this morning, I added Whipped Cream, Vatika Frosting and Whipped Gelly then some Blended Beauty Herbal Reconditioner and Jane Carter’s Nourish & Shine. Why the BB and JC? My hair did not seem as moisturized. I was hoping the thickness of the BB would help. Not sure what I was thinking with the JC. I think I still need to add a liquid before adding moisturizer. I’m going to try plain tea and aloe vera juice minus the EVOO.

Here are a couple of pictures.

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 30 Img_0024

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 30 Img_0025
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th September 2010, 5:27 pm

Muz wrote: Hey Big Sis! So I think I'm going to try to go to the health foods store this weekend (I'm running dangerously low on my beloved Castor Oil) and I think I want to get some Aloe Vera Gel, what kind should I get? I think I remember going before and it was Aleo Vera Juice, is that the same thing? I was totally confused so I didn't get it, but with Winter coming up I want to see if I can make my shea butter mix even MORE moisturizing Smile

Hi lady, I used aloe vera gel more often than the juice. I recently purchased the juice. The gel is thicker but not like typical gel. I purchase the Lily of the Desert brand. It is nearly 100% natural.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th September 2010, 6:47 pm

Wow Chrs, you have a lot going on with your products. Your hair looks great though. How do you know what product will work with what?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 24th September 2010, 7:51 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
Muz wrote: Hey Big Sis! So I think I'm going to try to go to the health foods store this weekend (I'm running dangerously low on my beloved Castor Oil) and I think I want to get some Aloe Vera Gel, what kind should I get? I think I remember going before and it was Aleo Vera Juice, is that the same thing? I was totally confused so I didn't get it, but with Winter coming up I want to see if I can make my shea butter mix even MORE moisturizing Smile

Hi lady, I used aloe vera gel more often than the juice. I recently purchased the juice. The gel is thicker but not like typical gel. I purchase the Lily of the Desert brand. It is nearly 100% natural.
Okay, so it will literally say "gel" on it, right"
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 24th September 2010, 9:23 pm

Your hair is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 25th September 2010, 9:31 am

Stopping by to say HI!! Looking good!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 25th September 2010, 2:33 pm

Hey love your avatar! Especially the makeup & those earrings are HOT!
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th September 2010, 5:35 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow Chrs, you have a lot going on with your products. Your hair looks great though. How do you know what product will work with what?
I do not. At times, I will test the products in my hand before applying the products. For instance, I will put a bit of the leave-in, oil, moisturizer and styler in my hand and rub to see if white balls show up. I've been lucky with the mixes so far.

Muz wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:

Okay, so it will literally say "gel" on it, right"
Sorry for the late response. Yes, it will say "gel" on the label. I'll have to stop by your house to see if you purchased it.

summerbreeze76 wrote:Your hair is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
Thanks lady!

NylaCoils wrote:Stopping by to say HI!! Looking good!!
Hi lady! I owe you twist pictures.

Serenity23 wrote:Hey love your avatar! Especially the makeup & those earrings are HOT!
Thank you lady! Means a lot from someone whose makeup I have seen and admired.

I did good over the weekend regarding product usage. Not spritzing my hair first has not been successful, my hair needs to be damp before applying moisturizer otherwise I use way too much product. I made a mix with water, aloe vera gel and Oyin HHC. I’ve been using it before applying moisturizer and oil. My hair does well now with shea butter on damp hair. This lets me know my hair’s needs are changing. Earlier (as in earlier in the summer to a couple of weeks ago) my hair did not respond well to shea—dull, weighed down hair.

Here's my hair today. Spritzed then applied BB's Herbal Reconditioning conditioner & KbN's hair & body butter in mango
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 30 Hotd__10
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 30 Hotd_013

It is time for me to protective style. I've been real lazy the last few months (wearing mainly WnGs). My goal is to wear PS until the spring. Styles I plan to rock include the following,
Twists - medium & small
Braids
Braid outs
Bantu knot outs
Rollersets

I plan to straighten my hair using a technique used by a stylist doing LexiWithTheCurls hair (shown on YT). The goal is to ensure my hair is well conditioned weeks before.

Tonight, I am doing a henna gloss using Oyin HHC. I need to get rid of it. It works great with Kimmaytube LI also.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 27th September 2010, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added pictures)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th September 2010, 2:09 pm

Hey Chrs, your hair looks good. PSing until spring sounds like a challenge to me ... a good one. I plan on doing the same - but no rollersets. I don't feel like sitting under a dryer.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next