CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

+96
Renny
ladybug
jeanlouisangel
kekesmum
Corygentri
MsJay1121
naturallynola
KeAnia
curl_Gurl
envizionj
prettybrown213
queenshakirah
cha_phylicia
summerbreeze76
NaturalTina
Kez
wyldhoney
cyclingchick
Ms.Mai
freckledmom4
kim
Hurricane Curly
Neems
MomnWife
WhosThatRedHead
newcurlieque
nattyblog
coilykinks
xtremelyperfect
Buttercup76
natural83
jamaicacurl
TriniCherryPrincess
priceless
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curly-me-naturally
swoodward
LaToya28
*CurlyNikki*
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
mstokes2008
ladykay6
jlowman1
TMS
Pinkrage
CuddleCurls
Curly_Aquarius
vmichelle
curlsunfurled
naturalmommyGA
iri9109
NhappyJackie
CurlsGalore
newday
LadyMika
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
Notthecoolmom
Curlz of Luv
EmbracingNaturalMe
krazy coils
SheeTacular
CocoEuro
.:Eden:.
AfrikanLatina
Muz
TheRYL1
Karyn
NylaCoils
Lynnieluve
A85
dajewel
Roschelle
MellowOne
SisterBoyd
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
DvaAuNaturel
Intelligentbeauty
Mz. Thang
FemmeFox
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
crvng4mr
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
tiashaunteƩ
sweetdrk1
bholmes87
Juices-n-Berries
jcanalena79
TerraD
100 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

Post by FemmeFox 21st May 2010, 12:57 pm

Morning Chrs!

Love the smokey eye! Very low key sexy. I like doing a nude colored smokey eye. I'm doing my cousin's makeup for her wedding and am creating pink and brown smokey eye.

Have you tried the anti oxidant souffle yet? I own it but it's bit heavy for me (sad). I may use it more with summer coming up. If so, I'll probably use it as a night cream after a day in the sun.

Sounds like you're doing it ma!!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

Post by SisterBoyd 21st May 2010, 3:11 pm

Chrs, do you watch any of the make up videos on YT? If you do, have you subscribed to the MakeupGeek? She's great! Very informative. If not, I have several that I'm subscribed to you can check out my page and see who I'm subbed too. My username is SisterBoyd.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st May 2010, 4:13 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Morning Chrs!

Love the smokey eye! Very low key sexy. I like doing a nude colored smokey eye. I'm doing my cousin's makeup for her wedding and am creating pink and brown smokey eye.

Have you tried the anti oxidant souffle yet? I own it but it's bit heavy for me (sad). I may use it more with summer coming up. If so, I'll probably use it as a night cream after a day in the sun.

I like doing a neutral smokey eye too. I didn't even know it was possible until about a year ago. I always thought you had to use black or gray. But I love doing a smokey eye with browns and even corals.

I have the anti oxidant soufle, but I gave it away. I couldn't handle the orange smell. Lol.

Nice makeup Chrs!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 21st May 2010, 4:16 pm

Loving the smokey eye, you know I'm make-up challenged so unless it squirts out a bottle or tube looking like that I can't do it.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 21st May 2010, 5:27 pm

chrs you are doing so well with the makeup! hope you enjoy your bnb goodies!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 5:40 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Loofah - what is this?
Antioxidant soufflƩ - what is this?
A loofah is like a hand mitt used in the shower. It is hard to describe.ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Moz-screenshot-2 An antioxidant souffle is a moisturizer for the face.

I'm not sure about joining the use one product for 30-days challenge. I need a break from group challenges. I would feel bad if I could not stick to it. I only want to use a line for three weeks. I may reconsider.

Chrs...I get so off track with challenges. I was in a challenge that oooops started when I first joined and totally forgot about it when I started my BnB thread. Then I did the castor oil challenge and forgot to post on a regular in that one (I think it had to do with the fact I was wearing braids), then I did the Stash your Cash challenge..that challenge really helped me a lot..but I'm back to my ole bad habits!!! ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Lol

Now I'm in like 3 and I don't post on a regular...I don't know why I keep doing them...LOL I guess it's all fun.

I'm so busy I still haven't had a chance to check out your winning on BnB's website but I will in the morning or Saturday evening while I have my henna on, or maybe Sunday afternoon!!! You see what I'm talking about? I'm all over the place...LOL

Hope you have a great weekend!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd May 2010, 3:45 pm

good job on the goody bag!! bnb is awesome. im need to re-up n place my order cuz im gonna do some henna AND i want that violet balm, put it on n let me see ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Icon_bounce

ok now for the huetiful steamer cuz its sold out EVERYWHERE and i think its a nice alternative to the bigger salon size one. try it again n let me know how u like it. i researched it and when it first came out it was $99 w/ free shippin but i guess everyone exhausted that deal so its back at $115 but its out of stock til June...

thanx...somethin else to budget for next month ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Icon_mad
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th May 2010, 10:39 am

ktoliver5303 wrote:THE EYESHADOW IS BANGING! It seemed like you did get a great bag of goodies!! You looking good honey.
Thanks a bunch lady!

[quote="ladykay6]you are gorgeous !!! gotta love it !! I am always experimenting with eyeshadow and blends.[/quote]Thank you! Please join us in the Makeup thread under Skin Care.

NylaCoils wrote:Eyeshadow is looking like RuPaul did it!! Flawless!!!
U BEDDA WERK!!
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Lol Thank ya! Where are the pictures of you at the event this weekend? I think I saw you in one, one, what's up with that?!

Good Monday morning Femme, Hmm, I wanna try a nude colored smokey eye. Oooh, pink and brown sound good.

No, I have not tried the souffle yet. I plan to use it next month.

SisterBoyd wrote:Chrs, do you watch any of the make up videos on YT? If you do, have you subscribed to the MakeupGeek? She's great! Very informative. If not, I have several that I'm subscribed to you can check out my page and see who I'm subbed too. My username is SisterBoyd.
Do I, OMGoodnessgracious yes, it is my addiction now along with hair. I have not heard of her. I will subscribe. I love learning and trying new things. I will check out your subscriptions.

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I like doing a neutral smokey eye too. I didn't even know it was possible until about a year ago. I always thought you had to use black or gray. But I love doing a smokey eye with browns and even corals.

I have the anti oxidant soufle, but I gave it away. I couldn't handle the orange smell. Lol.

Nice makeup Chrs!
I will try the corals. I am patiently waiting for my 120 eye pallet I purchased from ebay. Once I have it, I am gonna have a blast creating all kinds of looks. Thanks for the compliment!

Notthecoolmom wrote:Loving the smokey eye, you know I'm make-up challenged so unless it squirts out a bottle or tube looking like that I can't do it.
LOL, you can do it. I watch lots and lots of YT videos. They definitely help.

CocaColaCutie wrote:chrs you are doing so well with the makeup! hope you enjoy your bnb goodies!
Thanks CCC! You do great! I am enjoying my goodies. I used the Jamila henna this weekend.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Chrs...I get so off track with challenges. I was in a challenge that oooops started when I first joined and totally forgot about it when I started my BnB thread. Then I did the castor oil challenge and forgot to post on a regular in that one (I think it had to do with the fact I was wearing braids), then I did the Stash your Cash challenge..that challenge really helped me a lot..but I'm back to my ole bad habits!!! ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Lol

Now I'm in like 3 and I don't post on a regular...I don't know why I keep doing them...LOL I guess it's all fun.

I'm so busy I still haven't had a chance to check out your winning on BnB's website but I will in the morning or Saturday evening while I have my henna on, or maybe Sunday afternoon!!! You see what I'm talking about? I'm all over the place...LOL

Hope you have a great weekend!!

KNH
I had a great weekend. It is hard to keep up with everything. I'm like you I go from here to there and everywhere in between. It's fun though, right *why did I just hear Wendy Williams when I typed that last line, LOL*

NubieNatty wrote:good job on the goody bag!! bnb is awesome. im need to re-up n place my order cuz im gonna do some henna AND i want that violet balm, put it on n let me see ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Icon_bounce

ok now for the huetiful steamer cuz its sold out EVERYWHERE and i think its a nice alternative to the bigger salon size one. try it again n let me know how u like it. i researched it and when it first came out it was $99 w/ free shippin but i guess everyone exhausted that deal so its back at $115 but its out of stock til June...

thanx...somethin else to budget for next month ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Icon_mad
Yes BnB and Sharika are awesome! I will be ordering my shea butter from her. I will put on the balm and take a picture just for you.

I like the steamer. I used it again this weekend to DC after my henna. I used Curls DC conditioner. I will not say I love it. I will keep using it and see if it is the DC or the steamer. I will keep everyone in the loop.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 24th May 2010, 12:47 pm

O wow, love the eyes! I need to learn how to do this.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 24th May 2010, 2:46 pm

Happy Monday Chrs!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 24th May 2010, 4:14 pm

Hello Chris!

I saw your pics in the Twist Challenge thread and your makeup was absolutely perfect. I took some notes on how to apply makeup in 10 minutes.

Have a fantastic week!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Empty First Up Curls Product Line

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th May 2010, 12:20 am

CrissyQ wrote:O wow, love the eyes! I need to learn how to do this.
Thanks, YT is the best for me.

FemmeFox wrote:Happy Monday Chrs!
Happy Monday back at you!

TMS wrote:Hello Chris!

I saw your pics in the Twist Challenge thread and your makeup was absolutely perfect. I took some notes on how to apply makeup in 10 minutes.

Have a fantastic week!
TMS, thanks! I will do my best to have a fantastic week.

====================================================================

This weekend, starting Friday, was pretty full. I did a henna treatment with Jamila henna and Reshma henna. Mixed them both with green tea. First time using green tea. I applied the Reshma on the right and the Jamila on the left. I wanted to see if there would be a difference. I know I was taking a chance since I had not used the BAQ Jamila before or the Reshma brand. I slept for sevne hours. Saturday morning I rinsed my hair. The right side was less looser than the left. I did notice the rinsing out was much easier. I dunked head in sink full of water once as opposed to a couple of times with regular cardboard box Jamila henna. I rinsed a few more minutes then DC with Curls DC under Huetiful steamer for about 30 minutes. I followed up with Curls Quenched Curls and Curly Q Custard. I did not apply it as I should have so hair was less defined than I like. These are pictures taken SaturdayChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Img_0120ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Img_0121

Saturday night, I spritzed hair with strong tea until damp and applied Curls Whipped Cream (thicker than the Curly Q). I used smaller sections and made sure strands felt moisturized. I put hair in six twists before going to bed. I undid them the next morning and applied AO B5 gel. I used a little too much but I liked the results. ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Img_0122ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Img_0123
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th May 2010, 12:33 am

ur hair can do NO WRONG!! ok so between u and femme; i need yall to stop pass the makeup thread to explain how yall do the smokey eye...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Empty H & M & Lush

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th May 2010, 12:41 am

I ended up going to the wrong mall for Nordstrom. They were having events at the Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier counters. Having heard great things about them, I wanted to check them out. Anyway, the first mall had an H & M. I picked up about six headbands. You will see them in the coming days. I wore two thin bands in green and tan today. ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Hair_t10ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Hair_t11

At Nordstrom, I purchased a couple of bras. It feels good to have the girls sit up and have them spread out. One has to be shipped ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Icon_neutral . I also picked up some tinted moisturizer, eyeliner brush and eyeliner from Laura Mercier. Of course, I had to stop by MAC. I picked up some mascara and eyeshadow for brow highlight. I think I may take the eyeshadow back. The color is off, I think.

I decided to check out Lush. I had fun in the store. I picked up Lemony Flutter, Curly Wurly and a sugar scrub. I cannot wait to use them.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th May 2010, 12:59 am

You are workin that smokey eye!! I gotta get my skills up!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 25th May 2010, 1:09 am

Chrs, I just think you are so cute (is that weird to say...probably) but I said it anyway
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 25th May 2010, 1:48 am

You and your hair are BEAUTIFUL! Just dropping in to say hello. ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th May 2010, 5:10 am

Hey Chrs,
You are really workin that makeup!!!
And of course the hair looks fab, as always!!
Are you on the face of Bars N Butters yet? I haven't checked.
I can't wait to see you on there bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th May 2010, 7:31 am

Chrs - your hair and make-up are on point.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th May 2010, 8:24 am

Hi Chrs

I agree with NTCM you are a very pretty woman!! I must check out how to apply your make up in 10 minutes. It takes me all of 3 minutes...LOL I don't wear much at all...so I guess I'll see if still have skills!! (I did back in the day)

Anyway...I think those head bands are too cute. So which henna results did you like best? You could so totally see the difference!!

Just stopping by...hope you have a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 25th May 2010, 12:59 pm

Morning Chrs!

Grace looks beautiful! I also want to know which henna you liked better. I'm thinking that I am definitely going to henna my hair in the next few weeks. I want some color!!

You are turning into a regular Make-up Maven! I can't wait to hear more of your tips in the Makeup Thread, I am always down to learn.

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Icon_biggrin ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Icon_biggrin ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Icon_biggrin

ps<---- yaaaaaaaaay for new bras!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Empty Hair Today

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th May 2010, 2:04 pm

Today, I pinned hair to side. I have quite a few twists that have come undo. I will not redo them. I applied a bit of the Curly Q Custard to my hands, rubbed and smoothed on ends.

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Hair_t13ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Hair_t14
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 25th May 2010, 2:11 pm

ya look cute dahlin' i can't wait to be able to do big twist twistouts...sigh!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th May 2010, 3:27 pm

Hey Chris...your make-up and hair...I'm just shaking my head...I can't say what hasn't already been said! :-)

Thanks for the scoop on the amla...
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th May 2010, 4:22 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:You are workin that smokey eye!! I gotta get my skills up!!
YT has some great ladies. Visit the makeup thread often. We share the names of the video makers we like.

Notthecoolmom wrote:Chrs, I just think you are so cute (is that weird to say...probably) but I said it anyway
LOL, as a mature woman, I will take it. Makes me sound young so I will embrace it with pride.

[quote="LadyMika"]You and your hair are BEAUTIFUL! Just dropping in to say hello. ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Icon_smileeorgia]]***waving***Hello there LadyMika, thanks for visiting and the nice compliment!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey Chrs,
You are really workin that makeup!!!
And of course the hair looks fab, as always!!
Are you on the face of Bars N Butters yet? I haven't checked.
I can't wait to see you on there bounce
Hi lady, thanks, I am having a ball with makeup esp. eyeshadows. I am not the face yet. I should be on the site in the next week or two.

BlondeByDesire wrote:Chrs - your hair and make-up are on point.
Thanks BBD!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Chrs

I agree with NTCM you are a very pretty woman!! I must check out how to apply your make up in 10 minutes. It takes me all of 3 minutes...LOL I don't wear much at all...so I guess I'll see if still have skills!! (I did back in the day)

Anyway...I think those head bands are too cute. So which henna results did you like best? You could so totally see the difference!!

Just stopping by...hope you have a great day!!

KNH
Hi lady, thanks for the beautiful comment! I liked both results. Since I can get the Reshma brand (and purchased four boxes) locally, I will keep with it. They come 200g to a box. That is the amount I use. Jamila comes in 100g boxes. You could see the difference between my right and left sides?! Please do tell.

Grace looks beautiful! I also want to know which henna you liked better. I'm thinking that I am definitely going to henna my hair in the next few weeks. I want some color!!

You are turning into a regular Make-up Maven! I can't wait to hear more of your tips in the Makeup Thread, I am always down to learn.

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Icon_biggrin ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Icon_biggrin ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 12 Icon_biggrin

ps<---- yaaaaaaaaay for new bras!!
I liked both henna brands. Will continue with Reshma since I can get it locally. You want tips from muah, really, I will definitely share what I learn here or on the makeup thread.

My clothes fit so much better with new bras.

CocaColaCutie wrote:ya look cute dahlin' i can't wait to be able to do big twist twistouts...sigh!
Your twists and twist outs look great! Enjoy every step and you will soon have the twist out of your dreams.

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Chris...your make-up and hair...I'm just shaking my head...I can't say what hasn't already been said! :-)

Thanks for the scoop on the amla...
Thanks RYL, those are my two passions!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next