CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just finished "Let the Right One In"

3 posters

Go down

Just finished "Let the Right One In" Empty Just finished "Let the Right One In"

Post by Lilith_Eve 27th April 2010, 10:47 pm

I actually did what you hear people say you should never do. I watched the movie first. In my defense I wasn't aware that it was a book before it hit the silver screen though Just finished "Let the Right One In" Icon_razz

Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindovist is a horror novel about a young boy named Oskar who's bullied, outcast and generally acts out by shoplifting. The bullying is so bad that he daydreams about becoming a mass murderer. Then a strange young girl moves in next door... who only comes out at night.

That's right, it's a vampire novel. But I promise that it's so unlike anything you've ever read in said genre that you won't be disappointed. I will warn that there is some disturbing imagery in the book and that all of the main characters seem to be psychologically damaged in some way. The back of the novel has some author praise that calls Lindovist "Sweden's Stephen King" but King has nothing on Lindovist!
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Just finished "Let the Right One In" Empty Re: Just finished "Let the Right One In"

Post by SighSidhe 28th April 2010, 5:04 am

its a book?!?!
Just finished "Let the Right One In" 879602
i need to go get this asap! i've been feelin hella bad about not seeing the movie yet and i've been wanting to find a new book to absorb..
well, i know what i'll be up to next week!
SighSidhe
SighSidhe

Back to top Go down

Just finished "Let the Right One In" Empty Re: Just finished "Let the Right One In"

Post by Lilith_Eve 28th April 2010, 11:12 pm

I know right!?! lol The only reason I found out that it was a book beforehand is because I went on IMDB.com to see some info about the actors and actresses in the film and came across some book comparisons.

Make sure you watch the movie after you read it! The movie is a bit watered down when compared with the book but still enjoyable. FYI there are two versions of subtitles out there. If you can find the theatrical version, awesomesauce. The straight dvd ones are less than desirable.

Another fyi you might be interested in is that supposedly there's going to be an americanized version of the film coming out this year. Not quite sure how I feel about that. You saw what they did with Dragon Ball a couple years ago Just finished "Let the Right One In" Icon_lol
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 10th May 2010, 7:48 pm

I read this book too. I'm usually not into these kinds of books, but wow I couldn't put this book down! Good read!
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down