CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koils by Nature - Herbal Soothing Peppermint Gel

5 posters

Go down

Koils by Nature - Herbal Soothing Peppermint Gel Empty Koils by Nature - Herbal Soothing Peppermint Gel

Post by symmy 27th April 2010, 10:54 am

So I've been searching for the perfect product to help me wear wash & go's on my transitioning hair (6 months post) and I found it!! Koils by Nature Herbal Soothing Peppermint Gel is amazing. I've been struggling to use Kinky Curly Curling Custard and it just does not work, plus it does not play well with other products. But this gel is awesome, I sealed with the Koils by Nature hair butter and a little coconut oil and there were no white clumps and it even gave my relaxed ends definition with no crunch!! I have body and softness which I never thought I could get from gel. And on day 2 I just spritz with my leave in and scrunch and I still have curl definition!!

The added bonus is that service is amazing, prices are more than reasonable and shipping is cheap (many times it's free). I completely regret buying my $40 jar of KKCC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Herbal Soothing Peppermint Gel Ingredients: Distilled water infused with *organic calendula, burdock root, horsetail, & nettle, Shea oil, grapeseed oil, macadamia nut oil, carbomer, aloe vera leaf juice, *organic marshmallow root, *organic slippery elm bark, grapefruit seed extract, *organic honey, lemon & peppermint essential oils.

www.koilsbynature.com
symmy
symmy

Back to top Go down

Koils by Nature - Herbal Soothing Peppermint Gel Empty Re: Koils by Nature - Herbal Soothing Peppermint Gel

Post by NylaCoils 27th April 2010, 11:25 am

And dont forget...

~April Specials~
Receive FREE SHIPPING on ALL Nourishing Hair & Body Butters & Gels!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Koils by Nature - Herbal Soothing Peppermint Gel Empty Re: Koils by Nature - Herbal Soothing Peppermint Gel

Post by jcanalena79 27th April 2010, 12:58 pm

Awesome to see such a great review!!! I just bought the gel last night and a sample size of the hair butter. Can't wait to try them! Free shipping and such great prices!!!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 1st May 2010, 12:31 am

I have the lavender- and eucalyptus-scented gel, and while I like the fact that it doesn't leave a greasy film on my hair like ORS Twist & Loc and it holds pretty well, I'm not fond of the smell and I don't get any coil definition--only massive amounts of frizz. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm going to try to add FOTE aloe vera gel to it, since that gives me some definition, and see how that works out. Plus, I don't like the fact that she raised the regular price of her gels by about $3 since I purchased, which was like only a few weeks ago. I was looking for something affordable, and this no longer fits into that category because of the price increase, so I won't be repurchasing anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 2nd May 2010, 1:13 am

symmy wrote:So I've been searching for the perfect product to help me wear wash & go's on my transitioning hair (6 months post) and I found it!! Koils by Nature Herbal Soothing Peppermint Gel is amazing. I've been struggling to use Kinky Curly Curling Custard and it just does not work, plus it does not play well with other products. But this gel is awesome, I sealed with the Koils by Nature hair butter and a little coconut oil and there were no white clumps and it even gave my relaxed ends definition with no crunch!! I have body and softness which I never thought I could get from gel. And on day 2 I just spritz with my leave in and scrunch and I still have curl definition!!

The added bonus is that service is amazing, prices are more than reasonable and shipping is cheap (many times it's free). I completely regret buying my $40 jar of KKCC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Herbal Soothing Peppermint Gel Ingredients: Distilled water infused with *organic calendula, burdock root, horsetail, & nettle, Shea oil, grapeseed oil, macadamia nut oil, carbomer, aloe vera leaf juice, *organic marshmallow root, *organic slippery elm bark, grapefruit seed extract, *organic honey, lemon & peppermint essential oils.

www.koilsbynature.com

Thanks fo the info, I just ordered a few days back. I had been looking for a good gel. I am using treasuredlocks right now and I really like it, but it only comes in a 6oz container. Between not enough product, online ordering, and then shipping. If I'm going to order something I want it to be an adequate amount of ounces. The one koilsbynature had was , I think 16 oz, which should last me a while, thanks for the review, if you ever find a gel better than koilsbynature, please let me know, I'm excited, can't wait to try it. It should be arriving this week! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 2nd May 2010, 2:12 am

symmy wrote:So I've been searching for the perfect product to help me wear wash & go's on my transitioning hair (6 months post) and I found it!! Koils by Nature Herbal Soothing Peppermint Gel is amazing. I've been struggling to use Kinky Curly Curling Custard and it just does not work, plus it does not play well with other products. But this gel is awesome, I sealed with the Koils by Nature hair butter and a little coconut oil and there were no white clumps and it even gave my relaxed ends definition with no crunch!! I have body and softness which I never thought I could get from gel. And on day 2 I just spritz with my leave in and scrunch and I still have curl definition!!

COSIGN, COSIGN, COSIGN!!! This is the FIRST gel/custard/meringue/etc. that truly manages to do all of the following: - keep moisture in, define curls/coils, leave hair soft and w/out crunch, AND play well with butters/oils. All of this for a WHOPPING $12 for a HUGE 16 oz. tub. And I got free shipping. I [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] the fact that I'm supporting a local curly as well.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 17th May 2010, 11:51 pm

Okay ladies, so I recieved the product and have used, but it leaves my hair feeling dry, and somewhat stiff feeling....what am I doing wrong? Are you all mixing with something else to add moisture?
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 18th May 2010, 1:43 am

are you using a leave in under the gel- or some type of oil~?
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by symmy 18th May 2010, 3:13 pm

I used the shealoe leave-in conditioner (a lot) underneath and then applied the gel. Once it was about 80% dry i used the Koils by Nature hair butter ( a little goes a long way).
symmy
symmy

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 18th May 2010, 4:29 pm

Sometimes, I feel as if I utilize too much oil...I will have to just give it another try. Not sure why I experienced drying, because each time I used it, I had already added my leave-in and hair oils...I will mosdef try again.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down