CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

+73
Maricopa
swoodward
Heart2Worship
Curlz of Luv
newday
priceless
Neems
Happy2B
Janet36603
Deva_87
NhappyJackie
kinksncurls
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curlsunfurled
soleil
KnottyKinkyMommy
LaToya28
CocoEuro
iri9109
Mom2KurlyT
Serenity23
Pinkrage
MomnWife
jlowman1
BrownSkinDiva
LadyMika
TheRYL1
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
~JOME~
vmichelle
HAMPTONSFNST
awills
Curly_Aquarius
TMS
coilykinks
crvng4mr
NylaCoils
mrsmackey
MahoganyCurls
poeticlyspkng
A85
exhale1913
jcanalena79
Karyn
ktoliver5303
ChrsLvsBks
missmoriah
sunbaby
CrissyQ
NubieNatty
StephanieB
Mz. Thang
.:Eden:.
DvaAuNaturel
TerraD
Nikcoils
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
bholmes87
Muz
Notthecoolmom
sweetdrk1
CocaColaCutie
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
77 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

Post by Muz 24th May 2010, 7:47 pm

Once again your hair looks fab!

And happy trails on potty training! I've never actually potty trained anyone, but I remember when my brother's goddaughter's mother was trying to potty train her and it had its ups and downs. She picked up on it pretty quickly though I think all things considered. LOL
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

Post by newday 24th May 2010, 8:44 pm

As always, you and your hair are gorgeous!!
newday
newday

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 24th May 2010, 10:53 pm

Yup, and you look fab in white. It really shows off your skin...
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th May 2010, 11:02 pm

I am so tired....I have been cleaning up pee and poop all day. We had about 11 accidents today. Not one drop of pee pee or poopie in the potty. We can only go up from here, right? :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Lol

I promise I will update you curlies on Roxie tomorrow....good night.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th May 2010, 11:27 pm

love the hair...as usual :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_rolleyes

dont worry bout the potty thing; the clean up is the hard part and you'll go thru plenty of drawz! the hardest part is tryin to stay consistent becuz u would think "who wants to walk around wet n poopy" but giiiiiirl men dont care! u gotta pay attn to the signs cuz mason would run around and soon as i seen him slow up i KNEW he was bout to poop; then he had the dumbest look on his face :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_silent yall will do just fine! dont give up!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th May 2010, 11:28 pm

Good luck with Potty Training. And Roxie is the bomb!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 25th May 2010, 12:10 am

we still haven't gotten anything in the potty either and we've been at it for a little bit now. she will tell me if she wants her diaper changed and will bring the wipes or diaper herself, but won't say a word when it's time to go.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 25th May 2010, 2:40 am

As always, Roxie looks wonderful. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_smile I lol'd at your facebook status. Oh the joys of children. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_lol Hopefully the score will start to even out as the days go on.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 25th May 2010, 2:53 am

When me and my boyfriend were potty training his little boy, I knew his "schedule" somewhat for when he had to go. Usually about 30 min or an hour after he ate he had to potty like clockwork :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_rolleyes so I started putting him on the potty around then and letting him sit for a few min and if he did anything I made a BIG deal out of it and told him how awesome it was and maybe even gave him some candy.

Then after a while he knew when he had to pee but not poop so I'd do the same thing as before but if he peed he'd just get a "good job" but if he pooped he got the big deal and candy lol

Took a few months but he's great with it now (except for the drips here and there...boys will be boys! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_lol) Those pullups that have the little pictures that disappear when they're wet are good too.
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th May 2010, 4:45 am

Hey Lynn,
Your twist outs and pin up twists are fab as always. I have been so preoccupied with busy-ness that I have been slacking on the twist challenge but I am back on this week...... Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by newday 25th May 2010, 11:24 am

On the potty issue: I read somewhere a lady had her son leave off the diaper and undies for a day and spent the time in the back yard. When her son was ready to go, he could see it and recognize the connection. She claimed it worked. I didn't do that with mine because our backyard is not enclosed or that large - the neighbors would have called the cops. What worked for my son, was rewards - candy, specifically M&Ms. Good luck.
newday
newday

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 25th May 2010, 12:38 pm

Good morning Lynnie!

Roxie looks great for the last week of the challenge. Good luck with the potty training. I have no stories to share but I'm sure he'll get the hang of it soon!

Have a great day.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th May 2010, 12:59 pm

NubieNatty wrote:love the hair...as usual :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_rolleyes

dont worry bout the potty thing; the clean up is the hard part and you'll go thru plenty of drawz! the hardest part is tryin to stay consistent becuz u would think "who wants to walk around wet n poopy" but giiiiiirl men dont care! u gotta pay attn to the signs cuz mason would run around and soon as i seen him slow up i KNEW he was bout to poop; then he had the dumbest look on his face :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_silent yall will do just fine! dont give up!!!

I'm not gonna give up. I know once I get him to use it in the potty and reward him, he will catch on. I am only using pull ups for bed time and outings.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Good luck with Potty Training. And Roxie is the bomb!!

Thanks Sweet!!

Notthecoolmom wrote:we still haven't gotten anything in the potty either and we've been at it for a little bit now. she will tell me if she wants her diaper changed and will bring the wipes or diaper herself, but won't say a word when it's time to go.

We went straight to underwear. I have the little rubber pants that go over them to help with the "spill" I'm not expecting him to tell me he has to go yet. I just take him to the potty every 30 minutes.

LadyMika wrote:As always, Roxie looks wonderful. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_smile I lol'd at your facebook status. Oh the joys of children. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_lol Hopefully the score will start to even out as the days go on.

Thanks Mika.....dont be laughing, your day will come.

Janet36603 wrote:When me and my boyfriend were potty training his little boy, I knew his "schedule" somewhat for when he had to go. Usually about 30 min or an hour after he ate he had to potty like clockwork :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_rolleyes so I started putting him on the potty around then and letting him sit for a few min and if he did anything I made a BIG deal out of it and told him how awesome it was and maybe even gave him some candy.

Then after a while he knew when he had to pee but not poop so I'd do the same thing as before but if he peed he'd just get a "good job" but if he pooped he got the big deal and candy lol

Took a few months but he's great with it now (except for the drips here and there...boys will be boys! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_lol) Those pullups that have the little pictures that disappear when they're wet are good too.

I am using underwear during the day but yesterday was the first day. I plan to use the praise and reward system too....if I can get the pee pee and poopie in the potty. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_lol

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey Lynn,
Your twist outs and pin up twists are fab as always. I have been so preoccupied with busy-ness that I have been slacking on the twist challenge but I am back on this week...... Laughing

Thanks

newday wrote:On the potty issue: I read somewhere a lady had her son leave off the diaper and undies for a day and spent the time in the back yard. When her son was ready to go, he could see it and recognize the connection. She claimed it worked. I didn't do that with mine because our backyard is not enclosed or that large - the neighbors would have called the cops. What worked for my son, was rewards - candy, specifically M&Ms. Good luck.

I plan to use the reward system too....if I can get the pee pee in the potty. Yesterday was the first day so I know we can only go up from here. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_biggrin

FemmeFox wrote:Good morning Lynnie!

Roxie looks great for the last week of the challenge. Good luck with the potty training. I have no stories to share but I'm sure he'll get the hang of it soon!

Have a great day.

Thanks!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th May 2010, 1:03 pm

Heart2Worship wrote:GM Lynnie!

I love all of your pics!!! Esp. the ones from Sunday! I have an issue with shrinkage as well. What causes it and how do you fix it?

BTW--I tried the Eco-Custard last night, but I used sweet almond oil instead of avocado oil b/c I couldn't find any close to my house and I didn't feel like taking a trip across town to the whole foods market. I thought Wal-Mart sold it, but it was an avocado oil and basil mixture. The results turned out great! I will really be able to judge it later on this week based upon whether or not it gets frizzy on me.

You have to twist on dry hair with a butter to cut down on shrinkage.

poeticlyspkng wrote:Lynnie, love your twist out even with the shrinkage it looked great. I've been dealing with that a lot lately too. Blaming it on the rainy, damp weather here but not so sure. Either way, by Sunday your hair is looking great. I want to try something like that but have been hesitant. But I might take a tip from you!

So the oyin pomade, what is it's intended use? I thought it was supposed to slick down eges??

It is supposed to be used to slick down edges but I think because my hair had a lot of product in it already, it didnt react well. I will try using it on damp hair next time.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th May 2010, 1:17 pm

I got a few minutes so let me share my new detangling routine.

I finger detangle in the shower, then I detangle with my comb after I moisturize my hair. I love it because it cuts down on the time I spend doing my hair and I lost less hair this new way.

In the pass I would finger detangle and detangle with my shower comb, then after I deep conditioned, I would have to detangle again. Roxie isnt long enough to wash in twist yet (unless I want to put abotu 20-25 twist in my hair...NOT!)

So thank you Krazycoils!!!

Now, my package from Butters-n-Bars from for being a challenge finalist.....I got the Grow My Hair Butter and the Organic Aloe Vera Spritzer.

I will do a review once I try them. For a description of the products check out www.butters-n-bars.com
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th May 2010, 1:20 pm

Oh yea....I left off one thing. When I twisted Roxie up yesterday, I used the EcoCustard on dry hair. I didnt experience as much shrinkage as I did when I used it on wet hair.

Ok, I think that's it. Back to potty training.... :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_biggrin
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by exhale1913 25th May 2010, 2:00 pm

Hi Lynnie! Good luck with the potty training! My 3 year old JUST got fully trained in Mar, she turned 3 in Jan. My goal was to have her done before the baby got here in Dec, and she was pee pee trained but not poopie. Then when the baby got here, she had a set back and it took her until March to finally get there.

I think you are doing the right thing going straight to underwear. That's what I eventually ended up doing. Pullups are really just a pull up diaper! I fell into the pullup trap after the baby was born, because with a newborn nursing every 2 hours, I just didn't have it in me to be dealing with the cleanups, but I attribute that to taking as long as it did. I agree with Janet that most of the time they poop on a schedule, so if you get that down, you can catch them, especially since they like to go off by themselves to go.

The reward system definitely works, but I mostly did stickers. I would also jump around and sing and hug and tell her how proud I was when she went. We would also call granny so that she could share her big girl news. We also went shopping for some Princess Tiana panties, and of course she didn't want to mess those up.

I'll be right there with you next week, as my middle daughter turns 2 on Tuesday, and then we are going to go cold turkey as well. If I get her trained, I'll be one happy mommy, and my husband will be ELATED - that's his biggest complaint, the cost of diapers!
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by sunbaby 25th May 2010, 5:14 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Hey Sunbaby!! Love the avatar!!

You have been added to the list!! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_lol

Thanks Lynnie. It only took me forever since I am technically challenged when it comes to pix and the web. LOL.

Hang in there with the potty training. My oldest gave us a run for our money. His pediatrician at the time explained that it is a control issue. We resorted to rewards (candy, stickers, etc.). I don't think Dr. Spock and the experts would agree with our approach but, it worked. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 Icon_smile
sunbaby
sunbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th May 2010, 5:42 pm

I am happy to report we got PEE PEE IN THE POTTY!!! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 617583

Back to your regularly scheduled program...
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 25th May 2010, 5:48 pm

Well done Lynnie!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by sunbaby 25th May 2010, 5:54 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I am happy to report we got PEE PEE IN THE POTTY!!! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 617583

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

YAY for you and your baby boy!!!! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 678474
sunbaby
sunbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 25th May 2010, 7:13 pm

Conga line....pee pee in the potty pee pee in the potty

EVERYBODY!
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 25th May 2010, 7:59 pm

Notthecoolmom wrote:Conga line....pee pee in the potty pee pee in the potty

EVERYBODY!

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 678474 Joining the conga line!!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th May 2010, 8:23 pm

Hey Lynnie! Lovin your pics...as usual!

OK...I'll be using your tip tonight: twist on dry hair, with a butter to help with the shrinkage. WISH ME LUCK!

PEE PEE IN THE POTTY...cha, cha, cha! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 30 879602
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 25th May 2010, 8:42 pm

too funny! I didn't try to potty train mine until she was 2something. I remember that wonderful feeling of success - Yay! Successful Pee!

it's the little things!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next