CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Kinky Curl is killing me

+5
CurlyCoCo
crvng4mr
PoisonIvy
BlakButterfli
dnlejns
9 posters

Go down

My Kinky Curl is killing me Empty My Kinky Curl is killing me

Post by dnlejns 22nd April 2010, 2:26 am

I recently went to Whole Foods and purchase Kinky Curly Curling Custard (phew tongue tied) and it works perfectly till my hair drys out. I've been watching Youtube and I'm really not learning anything. What am I not doing? Should I buy the other Kinky Curly products for the Curling Pudding works? any suggestions?
dnlejns
dnlejns

Back to top Go down

My Kinky Curl is killing me Empty Re: My Kinky Curl is killing me

Post by BlakButterfli 22nd April 2010, 8:36 am

I think they have a moisturizer that goes with their products - maybe you should try that. Knot-Today is their leave-in and its supposed to be very moisurizing.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by PoisonIvy 22nd April 2010, 9:28 am

I use knot today and my hair loves it. I don't use any of their other products though.

PoisonIvy

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 22nd April 2010, 12:31 pm

I like the Knot Today also! Just so you know Whole Foods will take it back if you decide you don't like it, no matter how much you use, and refund you in full with your receipt.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyCoCo 22nd April 2010, 6:45 pm

I am thinking about using the curling custard. Dnlejns is that what you have in your hair in that avatar pic? If so I love the curls!
CurlyCoCo
CurlyCoCo

Back to top Go down

Post by dnlejns 22nd April 2010, 8:15 pm

@crvng4mr thank you!! i didn't know that. that's good to know.
@Curlycoco you i used Cantu butter in my picture. but you know that was before i fully went natural. my hair was about 2 weeks after a press and i just went for it lol. but now im applying products to my hair natural or not.
@ PoisonIvy how is the knot today? does that work well by itself?
dnlejns
dnlejns

Back to top Go down

Post by RayMingy 22nd April 2010, 9:17 pm

I use Knot Today with the Curling Custard and I think it works great (not what I used in my avi). I like to spritz my hair with my mix of glycerin, water, and a couple other oils (castor and olive I think) and that helps with moisture and to reduce the crunch factor. I read on LadyMika's blog, she's another curly on this site, that she has used her shea butter mix underneath the curling custard and it was a good combo.
RayMingy
RayMingy

Back to top Go down

Post by PoisonIvy 22nd April 2010, 9:40 pm

Yes, it works well by itself for me. I apply it while still in the shower and my hair is not sopping wet but hasn't been towel dried yet either. And I comb it through.

PoisonIvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 23rd April 2010, 12:02 am

I bought the curling custard first and was having difficulty with it. Two weeks later I bought the Knot Today conditioner and was having more luck with it (after following the kccc website instructions) but still wasn't getting second day hair. Two weeks later I bought the Spiral spritz (notice how these purchases are coinciding with pay periods? lol) and I tried it for the first time this morning.

For the first time since I bought the KCCC I was able to achieve second day hair! I even got quite a few compliments while at work today. I'm going to see if I can have decent third day hair tomorrow.

For the record, I have to comb the custard through my hair to get the desired effect. Raking or fluffing still left me with sections that wouldn't curl. Kinky Curly products are great if you don't mind the expense are willing to take the time to experiment with them.
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 23rd April 2010, 2:32 pm

For me, the KCCC and Knot Today alone wasn't enough to keep my hair moisturized. But I've found a couple of things that have helped with it...

I wrote this post awhile ago but it gives you some ideas: http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/kinky-curly-curling-custard-and-moisturized-hair/

Lately, I've been using my spray bottle (water, conditioner, aloe, lavender EO) and Oyin's Juices and Berries. And then the KCCC on top of it. And it seems to do the trick!

At some point, I am going to be KBB Hair Milk and hoping that could also be some good "underwear" for the KCCC.
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 23rd April 2010, 10:05 pm

A teensy update Smile I managed to have semi decent third day hair just by refreshing with the Spiral Spritz this morning! There was some minor frizz but nothing horrible and I still had good curl definition.

*sigh of relief* I think after almost 2 months of being natural I've finally found my niche *grin*
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkerbelle 25th April 2010, 9:51 pm

Kinky Curly is best with the Knot Today like everyone said. The key is to use is on soaking wet hair and to use a very little bit. I have a twa and a fingerful is enough for me- meaning I dip a finger in it and whatever doesn't fall off goes in my hair. After it dries. it's best to go over it with an oil. The Kinky Curly Glossing Pomade or Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade work well to soften it up. If you hair like AVG, you can always mix it with the custard.

kinkerbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down