CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!!

+6
sweetdrk1
TheRYL1
krazy coils
KinkyNappyHappy
jlowman1
j. kinky
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Empty ~~~J. Kinky~~~

Post by j. kinky 2nd January 2011, 8:51 pm

LAWD JEZZUS!!!!!!!

Bout time i high tailed it over to curl street! I feel like I am getting a little better with taking care of my natural hair and why not share my smiles and cries with my curlynikki family.

So here we go...
I got my first relaxer when i was 5 and in kindergarten. It was by choice not force. I remember the day like it was yesterday. It was a few days before the first day of school and my mommy and me was at a BSS. She asked me if i want to get box plaits or do i want a relaxer. I looked at the pretty girl on the Just For Me box and saw how shiny and pretty her hair was so i picked relaxer. I remember the first time the coolness of the cream as it touched my head. I felts so grown! I even love the smell and i got to mix it up..lol. When I look back at the pictures, my relaxed hair was so strong and healthy and super thick. Matter of fact, I never had a problem with my relaxed hair. My edges didnt come out, my hair grew like a weed, and strands was nice and healthy. My mom or my hairstylist took proper care of my hair.

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Relax11

Then i moved out and 45 minutes away. I didnt have reliable transportion nor did i have a job (No job=No $$$) so i could get my hair done every two weeks like i been doing damn near my whole life, so i decide to do my own relaxer. I mean i been getting relaxers done my whole life...how hard could it be??? Lets just say, after putting 3 relaxers in, i could see the damage taking over my pretty hair. My ends was wiry and see thru, plus i had a patch in the back of my head from where i didnt rinse all the chemical out. It literally look as if someone took fire to the middle of my hair!!!! Thank Lord u couldnt see my scalp! I was soooooooooo depressed. I couldnt pull my hair pony tail. I finally made my way back to my ex hairstylist and she had shaved the back of my head and and left the front sorta long. It was a half ass Big Chop if u will..lol. Then and there i decided i never was going to put a relaxer in my head again. That was March 08....and i didnt know what to do with my head when that new growth started to come.When transitioning I wore heavy weaves and box plaits until it was long enough to wear my weave ponytails.

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Braids10

After the weaves, and noticing my hair growing slowly, bought a $80 Flat Iron and pressed pressed pressed. But then my hair started to shed...no fall out. I had hair in the sink, on the bathroom floor, my the back of my shirt. I knew it was from the heat so i stopped. I finally after 2 freakin years decided that i may need to do some research and find out how to take care of my hair and behold! I found Curly Nikki and the rest is history. I did a mini chop of my relaxed ends and started to show my hair some TLC. Now she is healthy and is grow before my eyes. And i am learning how to style...i dont have to just wear a afro or puffs.

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Ft110

I just want to share my story about my hair....i hope u enjoy the ride

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Fro10
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Empty Re: ~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!!

Post by jlowman1 2nd January 2011, 8:59 pm

Great story and welcome to Curl Street! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 2nd January 2011, 9:12 pm

Thanks Very Happy
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd January 2011, 2:00 pm

I enjoyed reading your hair story, and you are doing a great job with your hair. Welcome to Curl Street...you are going to love it here!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 3rd January 2011, 2:47 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I enjoyed reading your hair story, and you are doing a great job with your hair. Welcome to Curl Street...you are going to love it here!!!

thank u!!! I love sharing about my hair
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 3rd January 2011, 3:10 pm

Welcome to Curl Street and you are doing a great job with your hair!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd January 2011, 3:18 pm

Welcome to Curl Street!

Your hair looks nice...I look forward to seeing what products you use! LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 3:25 pm

Welcome to curl street! I loved the story!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 3rd January 2011, 3:36 pm

****** My Hair Regime*******
I Wash my hair once a week....i dont co wash cause it make my scalp itch like crazy
- I pre poo with canola oil (thanks to Miss Kris). I section my hair in 4. Apply the oil to my hair, big knots slip out easy, put a plastic bag over my head and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour (depending on what show i'm watching...lol)

-I wash my hair with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition cream shampoo. When I wash i let my curls hang. I dont pile my hair on top of my head because it create more knots. I gently massage/lightly scratch my scalp and finger detangle my hair , then rinse.

-Then I add a conditioner. Right now i have 4 bottles of different conditioner (rinse out), and to control my PJism i will not buy anymore until all of them are used up. They are.....
*HE HH (Great for detangle and love the smell...hate it as a leave in)

*Aussie Moist( Ok for detangling and a wonderfu styler...has nice hold)

*Bioinfusion Hydrating Conditioning Balm( WOW...awesome for detangling and is a nice leave in...not a fan of the scent)

*Bioinfusion Sleek and Shine( havent used it for detangling yet but is absolutely genius for leave in and styler)

after applying the conditioner to my hair i let sit while i finishing taking a shower and under cold water i use my shower comb to get the knots out.

-I Deep Condition my hair with EVOO and Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioning Cream. First I apply warm EVOO to my scalp and massage it in. I then use the remaining oil and put on my ends, then apply the Conditioning Cream on top and leave in for 3hr-overnight

-After rinsing my hair with cold water once more i dry my hair with my boyfriend old t shirt. I then use Organix Coconut Milk Anti Breakage serum as a "base". I just love the sweet smell and it really dose work. I been seeing less and less hair shed in the shower and when i detangle.

- I apply a leave in...now I have a few. They are ok but i not married to them. I want to go get something different but like i said, i'm trying to control my PJism.

*Bioinfusion Olive Oil Leave in ( Kinda of runny...it's ok...but i wont buy again..and have a odd sweet smell)

*Bioinfusion Professional the leave in conditoner (Liquid...more of a setting lotion if anything...great for wet sets...wont buy again)

-Then i style....here some of my stylers
*World of Curls curls activator for extra dry hair (oh we i love this stuff!!! Mos def a staple)

*Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Hairdress( my scalp hates it but my ends drink this stuff up!!! I might buy it again...but thats a big might. It leaves my boyfriend hair hard tho)

*Garnier Fructis fiber Gum Putty (I love the hold and the smell...i just hate it my me break out around my edges..but fab product...alittle goes a long way)

*Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream Gel (two thumbs down....i use it if i pull my hair back into a puff, only because i dont believe in throwing stuff away i spent my hard earned money on)

I bought Castor Oil but i dont know how to use it...lol...so thick!!

**************Style of The Week**************************

Flat twist...this is my first time doing these and i think it came out good...i used World of Curls for the styler...check it out!!!

My flat twist
~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Ft10

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Ft110

This is when I took them out
~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Ftout110

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Ftout210

I retwist before bed adding Olive Cream Hairdress to my hair...this is second day hair
~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Ftout310

I think i did a fabulous job for it being my first time doing this style... going to be a def go to style for me
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 3rd January 2011, 3:43 pm

thanks ladies...i feel so loved Embarassed
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 3rd January 2011, 4:40 pm

wow your hair looks so healthy!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 3rd January 2011, 6:37 pm

rayray19 wrote:wow your hair looks so healthy!!

thank u...it took me a year to nurse her back to health
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 3rd January 2011, 8:17 pm

Hey J! Welcome to curlstreet!! Your twistout came out great!!! I'm horrible at flat twisting but I may try that for this week to see how it comes out!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 3rd January 2011, 8:26 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:Hey J! Welcome to curlstreet!! Your twistout came out great!!! I'm horrible at flat twisting but I may try that for this week to see how it comes out!

Girl i thought the same thing but with me playin in my head so much i finally learned woot!
Now i aint the best i could be at it but for now it will work. GOOD LUCK cheers
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 4th January 2011, 6:25 pm

Good afternoon ladies.....

The humidity in Florida is super crazy right now. my twist was nice and sleek when i left the house and now its big and poofy.I guess i will put it in a puff tomorrow for work...maybe with my bang hanging...idk. I post pics tomorrow.

But anywho....

This is a awesome month for reality tv. I am a reality junkie and I already got my DVR set. New seasons of all my faves

-Jersey Shore....OMG!!!! the drama is going to be CRAZY!!!! I didnt dig last season when they was in Miami. It was, dare I say it too much!!! lol It was alright i guess when it came down to Sammi and Ron relationship....and the fight between Sam and J WOW was lame Sleep. But they are now back in Jersey, son!!!! And they got a new chick (snooki friend Deena)...i been watching the commercials and it seems like its going to be Drama Drama Drama....

-Teen Mom II ..... : ( i going miss the original set of girls and their woes of being a teen mom. I am not really digging the new girls, but i will give them a try

-The Bad Girls Club....Last season was crazy as heck....lots a fights that was dumb...kinda wack but i was entertain with all thier foolishness....cant wait to see drunk whorish foul mouth girls fights!! woot!

-RuPaul Drag Race.....best show in the world!!! My boyfriend dont like me to watch it but who cares i love it...Plus i has drama...but GOOD drama...lol. It just kills me how some of the boys make real women look like trash. i I love you RuPaul

As u can see...i am a drama queen
queen

Pics of my hair.....

(Before work)
~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! A110
~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! A210

(after work)
~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! B110
~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! B210
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 4th January 2011, 9:54 pm

I just love this site...

j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 4th January 2011, 10:46 pm

Oh goodness Im glad I'm not the only reality tv junky!!! I love love LOVE BGC!! Can't wait until next week!! I didn't watch Jersey Shore last season, missed to many episodes and just gave up but I am excited for this season lol. Jan is the best month for TV because all the new shows start.

And don't you just love how the weather can completely change your hairstyle?? Your twistout is very pretty though
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 4th January 2011, 10:51 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:Oh goodness Im glad I'm not the only reality tv junky!!! I love love LOVE BGC!! Can't wait until next week!! I didn't watch Jersey Shore last season, missed to many episodes and just gave up but I am excited for this season lol. Jan is the best month for TV because all the new shows start.

And don't you just love how the weather can completely change your hairstyle?? Your twistout is very pretty though

ahhhhhhh....::singing:: welcome to the bad girls club...lol.

Yeah i didnt mind my hair swelling up. A older lady at my job said why ur hair looking so wild???

I told her its my Chaka Khan look

she laughed and said it was nice Laughing
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 4th January 2011, 11:25 pm

yes im ready to see the new bad girls club and jersey shore also!!! and i dont think any season will top the pass bad girls..those girls were crazy!!! but we shall see..love the hair too!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 5th January 2011, 1:11 am

rayray19 wrote:yes im ready to see the new bad girls club and jersey shore also!!! and i dont think any season will top the pass bad girls..those girls were crazy!!! but we shall see..love the hair too!!

thanks Ray!!

Last season was....ummm...over the talk. All the girl had alot of mouth if u ask me....lol.
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 5th January 2011, 1:35 am

heeeeey JK!! just came around to bless ur page Razz and i loooove ur story, what a great story matter of fact. i looove ur hair and the simple pj-ness u got goin on! yes dont go too crazy, please!! i love the castor for the winter time, and u can use it with ur stylers for when u twist or pre-poo with it. i was using it for my edges in the beginning stages cuz i always pulled my hair back.

giiiiiiiiiiiirl dont get me STARTED on teen mom!! my fav!! i think the 1st season chix WILL be back esp since amber ol' slap happy azz been gettin arrested. did u know she made $280k from the show Shocked she lost weight n got brand NEW on gary azz. i was yellin at the tv tryin to tell him he shouldve took that oppurtunity to RUN when he had a chance, remember he went on a date wit this other chick? but came back talkin bout bein a family...like his friend kept sayin SHE DOESNT LOVE U GARY!!! lmaooo! i felt so bad for him cuz he really is a great father n amber is just a triflin azz little girl...trashy mind u cuz she had her lil thug azz walmart man changin her daughter n movin in after a few wks of knowin him. he only used her for her car ol' wack azz!!

this new set of girls though....wooooo esp the party chick who doesnt respect her mom (aka farrah) i cant stand rude n disrespectful kids Mad but im gonna like this cast. did u peep how the black chick who's baby daddy is the white boy wit dreads got preggers AGAIN n her daughter only like 8 months???? i think she did the right thing to have an abortion!

my dvr is gonna be sooo out of wack on the 11th cuz i gotta record teen mom, the new GAME, and that show that comes on afterwards on BET. too much!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 5th January 2011, 2:07 am

NubieNatty wrote:heeeeey JK!! just came around to bless ur page Razz and i loooove ur story, what a great story matter of fact. i looove ur hair and the simple pj-ness u got goin on! yes dont go too crazy, please!! i love the castor for the winter time, and u can use it with ur stylers for when u twist or pre-poo with it. i was using it for my edges in the beginning stages cuz i always pulled my hair back.

giiiiiiiiiiiirl dont get me STARTED on teen mom!! my fav!! i think the 1st season chix WILL be back esp since amber ol' slap happy azz been gettin arrested. did u know she made $280k from the show Shocked she lost weight n got brand NEW on gary azz. i was yellin at the tv tryin to tell him he shouldve took that oppurtunity to RUN when he had a chance, remember he went on a date wit this other chick? but came back talkin bout bein a family...like his friend kept sayin SHE DOESNT LOVE U GARY!!! lmaooo! i felt so bad for him cuz he really is a great father n amber is just a triflin azz little girl...trashy mind u cuz she had her lil thug azz walmart man changin her daughter n movin in after a few wks of knowin him. he only used her for her car ol' wack azz!!

this new set of girls though....wooooo esp the party chick who doesnt respect her mom (aka farrah) i cant stand rude n disrespectful kids Mad but im gonna like this cast. did u peep how the black chick who's baby daddy is the white boy wit dreads got preggers AGAIN n her daughter only like 8 months???? i think she did the right thing to have an abortion!

my dvr is gonna be sooo out of wack on the 11th cuz i gotta record teen mom, the new GAME, and that show that comes on afterward on BET. too much!!

$280K....werd son... Shocked tell me that a misprint. No wonder neither of them was working. I wondering why they both was sitting on their ass. Amber is just...smh...no words. Wasnt the wal mart dude a convict sexual offender or some mess like that??? Then there was stories of her having the baby taken away. That just a big cluster f#@%...excuse my french. She just a 2+2 not knowing what the hell it is trick! lol i got that from Kevin Hart...lol. That baby going be all mess up.
That one chick who pushed her momma should had stump a mud hole in the middle of that back. I aint got no kids but best believe if they ever in thier life feel the need to put thier hands on me i bust they head to the white meat. U aint going stay in my house, eat my food, and wear my clothes and disrespect me....but it also the punk ass parents fault for not nipping that in the bud. But what goes around comes around. That lil baby aint going have no respect for her.

I aint know the dread headz got preggo again. They need to wear a rubber....kids these days need to use their brains
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 5th January 2011, 2:33 am

2+2 not knowing what the hell it is trick; LMAOOOOOOOOO!!! omg, that was so funny i had to read it like 5x's!!

girl yes 280k!! u peep how she didnt mention her salon job, and yea her lil thug boy was locked up for something but not sex offender, lol. now the NEW chick who pushed her mom...giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl Evil or Very Mad if my child EVER thinks of puttin a nail tip on me, THE DAY OF THE GEECHI IS OVER!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 5th January 2011, 2:43 am

NubieNatty wrote:2+2 not knowing what the hell it is trick; LMAOOOOOOOOO!!! omg, that was so funny i had to read it like 5x's!!

girl yes 280k!! u peep how she didnt mention her salon job, and yea her lil thug boy was locked up for something but not sex offender, lol. now the NEW chick who pushed her mom...giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl Evil or Very Mad if my child EVER thinks of puttin a nail tip on me, THE DAY OF THE GEECHI IS OVER!!

rotflol.....it's a wrap!!!!! lol
I was wondering the whole season how they got a place and raising a kid with no job.hmmmmmmmm
they was just dumb...poor gary
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 5th January 2011, 9:45 pm

Chello ladies.....

whoa....what a wild and crazy day i had. Me and boyfriend have an attitude with each other. He didnt do nothing...i didnt do nothing...we just had one of them "i cant stand looking at u" days. 5 years will do that to ya...lol. My back tire was flat when i was about to go to grocery store...Thank Lawd Jezzus i got a portable tire pump. I say i had a HUGE nail i must have ran over. OMG!!!! I got to go get that plug up tomorrow, a quick fix until i get my tax refund to buy new tires....Then when i was heading to Amscot i got freakin : pulled over for no seat belt pale when i am the main person always telling ppl to put on thier seat belt like i thier momma or something...plus i couldnt find my insurance card Mad . I was going to freak!!!! My hands was shaking and i had the bubble guts No. I think the lady officer felt bad for me and just gave me warning Neutral I was so stressed that i called in to work....i'm a waitress and i aint feel like dealing with ppl and thier attitudes.

(off topic, i just wanna ask a question. Why do ppl go out to eat and have attitudes confused ...I dont understand... i walk up to a table and i get str8 shade thrown my way. Why is that??? If u r that freakin miserable i suggest u go to Mickey D's or go get a box of hamburger helper...cause i aint got time for bitch-ass-ness...ya dig Evil or Very Mad )

But i was lucky enough my friend came over with 2 bottles of cabernet sauvignon and a pack of Klondike bars and we watch Tyler Perry plays and listen to Kanye West C.D.'s ( I I love you Kanye west) We had the taste for some TGIF pot stickers and walked down the street to winn dixie and bought a box...lol. They was sooooooooooooooo good.

My hair was acting stupid today (today was just a stupid day!!!!) so i just wet it and fro'd it out.I did good on my make up tho...(shout out to creolebeauty and ambitious tiff)
check it out!

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Mk110

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Mk210

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Mk310

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Mk410

GFOT ONE BOTTLE LEFT>>>WELL HALF ANYWAYS
Embarassed

~~~J. Kink~~~ !!stay twisted!! Wine10
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next