CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Rules Products @ Ulta

5 posters

Go down

Hair Rules Products @ Ulta Empty Hair Rules Products @ Ulta

Post by BlakButterfli 20th April 2010, 11:11 pm

Sorry if I'm late on this, but I was looking around at Ulta and they now have Hair Rules products. The salesperson told me that they had JUST gotten them the day before.

They have sample style sizes (2oz) of some of the products for around $10. I purchased the Kinky Curling Cream and am so anxious to see how it works, I'm going to try it tonight. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm wary because the instructions are similar to KCCC and I wasn't a real fan of that. And, there are a LOT of ingredients in this stuff, the second of which is mineral oil. But, the Dallas CN.com group is having a meet-up/product swap this Saturday, so if it doesn't work for me, away it goes.

I've been infected with PJ from one of ya'll! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Hair Rules Products @ Ulta Empty Re: Hair Rules Products @ Ulta

Post by crvng4mr 20th April 2010, 11:27 pm

I saw it at my Ulta 2 weeks ago but didn't get it because of the ingredients. Ulta is stepping up trying to take out competition from Sephora.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine_One 27th April 2010, 4:56 pm

I'm so happy about this....I want to try the Curly Whip and the Curl Cleansing cream.
Sunshine_One
Sunshine_One

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 3rd May 2010, 6:48 pm

How did it work out for you Blakbutterfli? I was about to pick up the whole set (sample sizes of course:) but decided on the Mizani True Textures line instead. I still want to get them though.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 7th May 2010, 4:31 pm

LaToya28 : How did it work out for you Blakbutterfli? I was about to pick up the whole set (sample sizes of course:) but decided on the Mizani True Textures line instead. I still want to get them though.

I don't know if the quote issue is fixed, so excuse my own way of fixing it above [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Umm, I liked how my hair looked wet and it did really get rid of the kinkiness/frizz. However, the ingredients are horrible. And as little hair as I have on my head, I used the entire bottle of the product. So, if your hair is longer and/or thicker, I think you'll use it up pretty fast.

The instructions say you can kind of fluff it and go in the morning, but by morning, my hair looked like it normally does. But, I did not use a hood dryer as the instructions advised. I don't have one and tried to use my hand dryer, so MAYBE that had something to do with it.

For $10, I say give it a whirl, but it's not something I'll be purchasing again.

How has Mizani worked for you? They are pretty expensive, which is why I haven't tried them. And they have no samples. Sad
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 7th May 2010, 7:44 pm

Well my hair is much shorter than yours so the samples may last me at least a couple washes. Maybe sometime in the future I'll give them a try.

The Mizani True Textures was ok, nothing to write home about. I bought the shampoo, moisture replenish conditioner, and moisture stretch cream and I was disappointed because I've had such good experiences with Mizani products in the past. Needless to say I returned them...not worth my $58!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 13th May 2010, 10:56 pm

OMG @ LaToya - all of that was $58! I attended a hair event about a month ago and they were giving out samples, but they were for wavy hair - and that ain't me. lol
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 14th May 2010, 11:53 am

Yes girl, $58 for three products!! I was not wowed after one use so I took them back. At that price the products should be outstanding after one use.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavendar 16th June 2010, 11:53 pm

I got a sample of the Hair Rules aloe and grapefruit purifying shampoo from curlmart and I loved it! I'm still transitioning, but when I applied it I felt little curls pop up all throughout my scalp. I've never had that happen with a shampoo. I could easily finger detangle and my hair was super soft. I looked all through that ingredient list to check for cones cause I can't even find a moisturizing poo that makes my hair feel so good. I didn't see any though, but you ladies please check behind me. I don't have an Ulta near me, but I can't wait to get my hands on a bottle of this stuff!
Lavendar
Lavendar

http://public.fotki.com/LavendarCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down