CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new hair rollers smell new

2 posters

Go down

new hair rollers smell new Empty new hair rollers smell new

Post by HappyCurly 18th April 2010, 6:05 pm

Do any of you smell your hair curlers after you buy them? What do you think of the smell? I bought some new hair curlers today. They are plastic, and have little sticks that you stick through the plastic to keep them in the head. I usually use the soft foam roller that have the rectangle plastic thing attached , that you fold over the foam, the old school ones! But today I wanted to try something different.

At any rate, I opened the package, and they smell really strongly like new plastic. It's not an unpleasant smell. Still, I wonder. If it's putting off gases that my nose can detect, it will probably put off gases that my hair can feel. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm avoiding harsh chemicals in shampoo, so I should probably try to avoid them in rollers too. What do you all think? Is it possible this isn't bad for my hair?

I'm pretty sure I'm returning these to the store next week...I was so excited about being able to do a roller set on dripping wet hair!! I was afraid to do one with the foam rollers, since I didn't think the rollers would ever really dry out, and I didn't know if my hair would either!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

new hair rollers smell new Empty Re: new hair rollers smell new

Post by nikkinixnicole 18th April 2010, 6:46 pm

I don't think its anything to be worried about [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Try rinsing them with soap or shampoo (maybe add some baking soda for a lil extra freshness) before using them.

Hope this helps! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 20th April 2010, 8:11 am

Good idea!! Thanks.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content