CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caruso Steam Rollers

5 posters

Go down

Caruso Steam Rollers Empty Caruso Steam Rollers

Post by xoxoKev31 13th July 2010, 11:44 pm

So I'm thinking about purchasing the Caruso Steam Rollers because I suck at doing a rollerset on wet hair lol & these rollers give beautiful results! So beautiful that I would consider using them every weekend or every other week. BUT, clearly I don't want heat damage! But I'm confused Can these rollers cause heat damage? On Sally's website it says "Because there is no damaging heat, you can use the Caruso SalonPro Steam
hairsetter as often as you like." Also, Have any of you ladies used these rollers? If yes, what do you think?

xoxo,
Kevina
xoxoKev31
xoxoKev31

https://www.facebook.com/Kevina.Pennington

Back to top Go down

Caruso Steam Rollers Empty Re: Caruso Steam Rollers

Post by curly-me-naturally 14th July 2010, 11:36 am

Hey xoxo
I have a set of them from when I was relaxed , I have never used them on my natural hair I don't know if it will work . As for heat damage , no you can't geet heat damage from these rollers because they use hot water to make steam and steam is ok . I just don't know how it would work on natural hair but i gues it worth the try [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 14th July 2010, 3:28 pm

Hey xoxo,

I agree with curly me.....I also had a set of the Caruso rollers when I was relaxed, I loved them, they worked really well. I'm not sure how they will work on natural hair though, i feel like the steam would make your hair frizz and puff up. If you try it out, make sure you report back here and let us know how it worked out for you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Haysbaby 14th July 2010, 3:40 pm

For me they work pretty good!! I usually wash and blow dry my hair straight then use them and what I do is right before I take the roller out I use the hand blow dryer and hold it to my head for about 1-2 min to make sure all the moisture is gone and then take the rollers out. Works just fine for me. Oh and ONLY in the winter!!! Smile Not sure how that would go with the added moisture/humidity in the air.
Haysbaby
Haysbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Pie 16th July 2010, 1:44 am

I use to own these rollers. Your hair will frizz! They do not work on Black Hair. There are some rollers called curlformers at Sally's that do not require heat and are like a wet set.

Marci Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxoKev31 16th July 2010, 2:08 am

thanks ladies! I watched a few YT videos & saw some amazing results. I plan on blow drying my hair first but on a cool setting so that I don't add any heat to my hair.
xoxoKev31
xoxoKev31

https://www.facebook.com/Kevina.Pennington

Back to top Go down

Post by Haysbaby 16th July 2010, 2:10 pm

I think they work fine on "black hair". Will it last you like a roller wrap does, no. However it will curl your hair for an evening out. Just blow dry it first and make sure the rollers are "dry"/ moisture is gone before taking the roller out of your hair. I also use the paper wraps at the end of each section of hair before rolling, that helps the ends to not frizz. I think Nikki actually had a viewers youtube how to video a while back.
Haysbaby
Haysbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down